Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2012, 10:27 AM

286 posts, read 653,483 times

Advertisements

We are in the process of moving to another part of the state with less 'resources.'

As much as I love Greenville the only thing I will miss is the proximity and ease of travel to Raleigh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 01:51 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,443,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frisch View Post
We are in the process of moving to another part of the state with less 'resources.'

As much as I love Greenville the only thing I will miss is the proximity and ease of travel to Raleigh.
Still in the East Carolina region? I moved to DC and honestly the only thing I miss back in Greenville is my friends. I attended ECU for a few years, and I was going to go to State this year but instead I transferred to GW up here in DC. Greenville isn't as bad as a lot of people make it out to be but it just isn't for the family crowd or for that matter even for the younger crowd. It's just a place with select things to do, but not necessarily gearing specifically to one crowd or the other.

Old 11-22-2012, 06:54 AM

228 posts, read 601,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
Still in the East Carolina region? I moved to DC and honestly the only thing I miss back in Greenville is my friends. I attended ECU for a few years, and I was going to go to State this year but instead I transferred to GW up here in DC. Greenville isn't as bad as a lot of people make it out to be but it just isn't for the family crowd or for that matter even for the younger crowd. It's just a place with select things to do, but not necessarily gearing specifically to one crowd or the other.
I lived in Greenville for six years and worked at ECU. And, I would say that Greenville (w/ Winterville and Farmville thrown in) is a great area for families! Greenville was voted Sports Illustrated Sportstown USA a few years ago. SI.com - SI 50th - North Carolina - Greenville takes SI Sportstown Honors for North Carolina - Wednesday March 17, 2004 03:09 PM

So, for families with kids there are multiple opportunities for youth sports, youth camps, dance classes, tumbling, gymnastics, etc. So, much to keep families busy. Just don't go to West Greenville and don't go downtown after dark. And, as a past soccer coach in town, the two soccer complexes in Greenville are some of the best I have seen.

But, what I miss the most, are the three awesome disc golf courses in town.

Disc Golf Course Review: View and review over 4400 Disc Golf Courses!

And, word on the street is there are two more disc golf courses in the works. Disc golf is one of the fastest growing sports in America and this has potential to bring more income into the area, as there is a growing professional and amateur tour with many pros now playing the game full time and earning a living at it. When I was there, there were already a number of events at the ECU course attracting some very high level players.

So, shout out to Greenville...from someone who used to criticize you and now knows what he is missing...

Old 11-26-2012, 11:56 AM

247 posts, read 445,650 times
Anything new friends!

Old 11-26-2012, 01:19 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,617 times
Peasant's Pub is currently remodeling the former Armadillo Grill, possibly opening sometime in December.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:02 PM

286 posts, read 653,483 times
Peasants was for... A certain crowd. I say that with a nice tone. That certain crowd is what saves southern downtowns.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:06 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,262,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frisch View Post
Peasants was for... A certain crowd. I say that with a nice tone. That certain crowd is what saves southern downtowns.
Yup, it wasn't my cup-of-tea, but places like that are what make College Towns. I'll take 100 Peasants over some of the businesses we have uptown.

Here is the website for it, but not much on it yet:

Peasants Pub

Old 11-26-2012, 05:19 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Yup, it wasn't my cup-of-tea, but places like that are what make College Towns. I'll take 100 Peasants over some of the businesses we have uptown.

Here is the website for it, but not much on it yet:

Peasants Pub
Ok, a January opening - makes sense to open with the students coming back from break. Peasant's also has a Facebook page. I never went to the old one, but I'll definitely be checking them out.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:47 PM

36 posts, read 63,403 times
Just saw the Quiznos Subs out by the mall has closed...sign was on the door when I went by tonight

Old 11-26-2012, 11:04 PM

327 posts, read 603,595 times
Cool, Peasants is coming back. Remember bringing my giant sized mug there on mug night.

Now, if they can re-open The Attic Nightclub, they'll be set.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina