Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2012, 02:03 PM

228 posts, read 600,874 times

Advertisements

There are visitor, patient, and some metered spots around there if you don't mind a short walk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2012, 04:18 PM

638 posts, read 1,594,489 times
Default What's going on with Suddenlink???

So what's the problem with Suddenlink and why can't they get it fixed?

Don't tell me to go to WITN.com because their last report says everything is fixed and up and running. It might have been for a couple of days, but then it went back out again. I've been out of email connection for the last two days.

What I've always wondered is why we don't have any "choices" in cable/internet connections here. Isn't that a violation of anti-trust laws (or whatever you call it when one company takes over the area)

I guess they consider DISH and online email programs as the alternatives.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:49 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,256,713 times
If nothing crazy occurs, sounds like the parking deck will be built at the Moseley Parking Lot, currently 77 spaces (SW of Cotanche/4th). It will be a four-story, 256-space, concrete parking deck. It is thought it can be done with an additional 30k/year in the city budget. The parking deck could be erected and finished within a six-month window. The city wants to align the construction procurement of the parking deck with the construction of 423 Evans Street, to reduce cost of both.

Recall 423 Evans Street will be a four-story office building, with the City’s visitor center on the first floor, and three floors of office space above.

Old 12-05-2012, 06:07 PM

Two sites are left for the Greenville Transportation and Activity Center.

Site 7 Conceptual drawing

Site 5 Conceptual drawing

Old 12-05-2012, 06:12 PM

Now for my opinion on the Transport Center.

I like 7. It is closer to everything. It is just one more block from Winslows, so ECU students would feel safe walking to it. It is near the Police station and Greenville Utilities. My only problem is this would pretty much guarantee we would never have rail access.

Site 5 is located right on the railway. As of now it feels like it is in Wilson. But, I do believe we will eventually have the opportunity for train service. Having it at site 7 would remove this. Maybe construction here, with the Bankruptcy building could help spur further development.

Old 12-05-2012, 11:54 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,761,989 times
Are they trying to incorporate the old bus station into the new one on site 7?

I like the building for site 5. It blends in well with what is already there. I'd feel better about this site if the city had a plan for the Imperial Warehouse area.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:37 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,100,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryjane55us View Post
What I've always wondered is why we don't have any "choices" in cable/internet connections here. Isn't that a violation of anti-trust laws (or whatever you call it when one company takes over the area)

I guess they consider DISH and online email programs as the alternatives.
There are multiple alternatives to Internet. Believe it or not, dial up is still available. There is also DSL from the phone company.

There are also multiple cable services operating within Pitt County just like there are multiple power companies and not just Greenville Utilities. It's just that none of them compete for the same customers.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post

I like the building for site 5. It blends in well with what is already there. I'd feel better about this site if the city had a plan for the Imperial Warehouse area.
That is what it looks like. I would HOPE whatever site is pick, any building would be razed and start from scratch. Only leave trees, if possible.

And I agree on a needed "Tobacco Warehouse district master plan". I would feel A LOT better with Site 5 if there is confirmed redevelopment with this. Building this "outpost" with no additional adjacent construction will lead to a life of neglect.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:41 AM

286 posts, read 652,846 times
Here is my recommendation for Greenville's bus stop. Though, I might add another bench or two.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:27 PM

1,219 posts, read 1,551,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post

I agree. I like the Site 5 plan. The building looks better. The only problem I have is the way that the parking lot is laid out. In the Site 7 plan, it seems easier to drop someone off and keep going, but the site 5 plan seems to have you loop back into the parking lot to exit. Hopefully they will make this a one way street to keep the flow of traffic rolling along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina