Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2012, 04:32 PM

2,309 posts, read 6,102,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
The Heritage at Arlington on West Fifth Street had broken ground.

Good to see more building going on..things seem to be looking a little tiny bit better around town, the housing market apparently is trending upward in town, at least according to the realtor I know.
This isn't just building. This is upscale. Maybe this will bring other money to Greenville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 06:48 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,259,061 times
Thomas Langston Road and Regency Blvd are finally done. The road is going to open in the first of April.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:13 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,259,061 times
Quote:
The Heritage at Arlington on West Fifth Street had broken ground.

It will contain 228 units of one-, two- and three-bedroom apartments situated on 28 acres focused in the medical community. There will be a luxury clubhouse, pool, indoor theatre, fitness center, volleyball court, garage options & it's own car wash...(which could be a hose & a bucket for all I know).

Link to DR story, but you have to have an account to read it....

The Daily Reflector

Good to see more building going on..things seem to be looking a little tiny bit better around town, the housing market apparently is trending upward in town, at least according to the realtor I know.
Wow this is GREAT news. Hopefully this will continue to get the ball rolling and help turn the Medical District into a even more desirable place. There is a lot of housing around there, but some is real bad (Section 8), and some of the other apartment complexes are fairly old. And face it, new apartment complexes sell. Plus great location, especially once West 5th St expansion gets completed to 264.

More info about it:
Expected completed date: January 2013
Total Price: $32 million
Phase 1: 228 units
Phase 2: 144 units
Total: 372 units

This is where it will be located: Google Maps

Old 03-23-2012, 01:22 PM

68 posts, read 119,731 times
when will dicks sporting goods open and is there any other things that are suppose to open up in that shopping center

Old 03-23-2012, 01:59 PM

232 posts, read 475,018 times
Anybody heard about the opening of the Quarry? It appears to be finished. I'd imagine this weekend would be a good time to open with all the college basketball games.

Old 03-23-2012, 05:47 PM

33 posts, read 69,651 times
Quote:
There are some wonderful local restaurants like Pete's Wycked Grill, Winslow's, Village Point Market, a Tavola, Thai 360, Dale's Indian Cuisine, Tipsy Teapot, etc. And, we also have a dearth of the vacuous chain restaurants that locals seem to get so very excited about...but, stick with the independents and you will be quite happy dining out.
Pete's Wycked Grill: Fail... weak southern (aka fried and fatty food) on paper/styrofoam plates.
Winslow's: decent with good beer selection. Homemade chips are great.
Village Point Market: Very good quality food. Outrageous prices! Really, they are ridiculous, especially for cafe style food.
Thai 360: LOL like most "ethnic" food (asain and mexican) in Greenville, it is another bland variation on the exact same menu. Mediocre at best.
Dale's Indian Cuisine: Fantastic buffet! Excellent.
Tipsy Teapot: very over priced "hippy" type food (which I prefer above all other types when done right) that is, again very overpriced with shallow selection.

The Scullery (new, downtown): suprisingly good. Decent prices with good unique and home cooked style food. Home cooked, as in quality preperation not the "home cooked" souther crap that most people in this city think is good food.

But if you like fast food, diabetes and heart disease, then Greenville will not dissapoint.

Quote:
The actual downtown in Greenville is a mix of nice places like Winslows, Tipsy Teapot, Dales, a lovely river front park, etc. and horrible, dive dance clubs, horrid clothing places, and empty store fronts. Certain parties are trying to revitalize downtown, but you have a significant crime producing portion of town from west Greenville and another portion of the "old boys club" that are holding this town back from progressing.
Agreed, except for the "lovely river front park.

Quote:
If your children play sports, Greenville is a Sports Illustrated Sportstown USA - so there are wonderful opportunities for your children in this town.
I don't know anyone from the West coast that wouldn't laugh at this statement.

Quote:
Get involved in the ECU community for culture, the arts, etc. But, for Broadway level productions, pro sports, better shopping - I suggest regular trips to Raleigh or Va Beach - I spend more weekend in Va Beach than here as I am able.
Translation: if you want to enjoy life you, like anyone else in Greenville, will leave every weekend to travel to some place nice. Why every one in this city does this but fails to make the connection that Greenville is not the wonderous place they think it is, is beyond me.

Quote:
Hopefully you are buying a home in Winterville, Grimesland, or Lynndale - sadly, downtown Greenville is not ideal due to crime...
Once again, yes living in Greenville is less than ideal.

Sorry I don't me to sound to negative, but living here tends to do that to you.

Old 03-24-2012, 06:26 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,439,342 times
^haha, I use to hate Greenville so much but after a while I began to accept this as my home. It could be a lot worst though.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:44 AM

228 posts, read 601,081 times
...big77wick, you make some great points in your breakdown of my previous posting. Although, I have to disagree with you on Pete's. I really enjoy his food. And, after eating at Mario's Tacos, I would add it to my list of great places to eat...as long as you go there during daylight hours and bring cash...no cards accepted. And, you also make some great points about the overpriced nature of some of the better places to visit in town...it is like they are in denial as to where their establishment is located.

...and, Greenville really is a Sports Illustrated Sports Town USA. SI.com - SI 50th - North Carolina - Greenville takes SI Sportstown Honors for North Carolina - Wednesday March 17, 2004 03:09 PM

...but, I, too, have reached my limit for living here. Back to big city life, here I come!

Old 03-26-2012, 08:44 AM

893 posts, read 1,342,711 times
People that hate on Greenville....if you dislike it so much, why don't you just move. Life is short & if you don't like where you are, there is a whole world out there you can explore...even if you have kids & a job & so on & so forth...just go somewhere that makes you happy. There are ways to do anything.

Greenville for the most part makes me happy. I went through the I hate Greenville phase growing up here, but after living in Raleigh / Cary for 8 years, I came back & haven't missed Raleigh...if I do it's only an hour away.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:12 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,102,131 times
Quote:
Greenville for the most part makes me happy. I went through the I hate Greenville phase growing up here, but after living in Raleigh / Cary for 8 years, I came back & haven't missed Raleigh...if I do it's only an hour away.
My son lives just south of Raleigh now and would like to move back here when he graduates from Wake Tech. He can only do it if he finds a real job in his field of study though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina