Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2012, 09:01 AM

33 posts, read 69,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
People that hate on Greenville....if you dislike it so much, why don't you just move. Life is short & if you don't like where you are, there is a whole world out there you can explore...even if you have kids & a job & so on & so forth...just go somewhere that makes you happy. There are ways to do anything.

I never said I hated Greenville. I was just venting a bit and pointing out some of the many nuances and problems with the areas that I and everyone else would agree on. But believe me I'm working on moving. But I can't just up and leave on a moments notice like I'd want to. It's going to take me a while to sell the house (have to wait until November next year to avoid tax penalty for new home buyer), sell the business, and then find a place to set up my new business. Until then, I'm going to do the best I can to find the few little perks of Greenville to enjoy and take advantage of the Walmart they just started building behind my business .

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningNorm View Post
...big77wick, you make some great points in your breakdown of my previous posting. Although, I have to disagree with you on Pete's. I really enjoy his food. And, after eating at Mario's Tacos, I would add it to my list of great places to eat...as long as you go there during daylight hours and bring cash...no cards accepted. And, you also make some great points about the overpriced nature of some of the better places to visit in town...it is like they are in denial as to where their establishment is located.

You're probably right about Pete's. It's not to bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
i see in the Daily Reflector today that Atlantic Grill has closed due to Finelli being unable to find a suitable chef / manager. I never ate there but hears it was good...at least when the original chef was there. Maybe he will concentrate on making Finelli's better now..the food had really gone down hill last time I ate there & the prices up.
That's unfortunate. I forgot about Atlantic Grill. I had only been once but the food and service was phenomenal. Of course it was a bit pricey but if you have the money it was worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 09:36 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,439,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandy8006 View Post
What an awesome mall floor plan! That would certainly be ideal...now only if we can get that started. Why don't you propose it to someone?
Thank you very much! And because it doesn't seem like developers actually want to fix that "mall". It wouldnt cost that much to do what I plan; maybe $25,000,000-30,000,000. I believe it would cause a ripple effect through the mall and make more worthy tenants move in.

And I would love to turn the mall inside out but then many would complain that Greenville doesn't have a mall anymore. They could take it wing by wing, and leave a part of it enclosed.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:30 AM

893 posts, read 1,342,898 times
well, I as well don't see that plan ever happening to the mall...but it would be great...well done BMOREBOY. I wish I had enough time on my hands to make up a plan like that. They really should redesign the Steve & Barrys store into something else. That end of the mall is putrid. The front part of the mall has really made some strides to be half decent recently, but once you get past the pretzel place in the middle, it goes down hill & ghetto fast.

I swear Greenville has the potential to have a nice mall that people all over the East would flock to to shop at instead of heading to Crabtree...but like the earlier poster said...we need local management that cares about the city & not just about if they are making $.

The hospital area is really booming right now with development...I think once the 5th street connector is finally underway & ECU starts expanding downtown like in their master plan, downtown has a chance of improving...until then it's going to be a slow process down there.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:53 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,439,741 times
^haha it took around 3 hours to complete because I'm a perfectionist but exactly. Right now Greenville is in a difficult situation with large dept stores because we already have every dept store a city of Greenville size usually has besides Macy's but Macy's would never open that close to Belk in a town of our size. So the only thing they really can do is either retrofit, redevelop, or let the store sit and rot. So my proposal is more of an investment by bringing elements to make mall more attractive for mid size and small tenants while increasing rent in order to kick out the ghetto stores.

And I agreed. Greenville has the potential to have a much better mall. If I win the lottery (lol) I'll get a group of link minded investors to help me buy the mall and redevelop it.

I have to take a ride to the medical district because I want to see all this construction boom, the only time I go that way is for cookout..

Old 03-30-2012, 05:28 AM

99 posts, read 267,909 times
I've been to other similarly sized college towns in the mid-west and they all had better malls than Greenville. However, most college towns in the South seem to have a mall about the same as Greenville's.

Malls seem to be a dying breed. Even in Greenville, we have many stores that are commonly found in or near malls that are outside (Old Navy and that mens store near them). Raleigh has the North Hills area. These outside shopping areas are very European as most European towns have stores in a centralized area in town for easy access.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:54 AM

286 posts, read 653,135 times
Malls are dying off slowly but some of the best ones are as strong as ever. Try parking at Crabtree or Southpoint on a Sunday!

Old 03-30-2012, 03:32 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,259,536 times
If I had money......I would build another mall on Charles Blvd here or in the "crook of 264 bypass here.

Actually think the 264 crook would be better.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:35 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,259,536 times
I "heard" K-Mart threw a fit about Bonefish Grille taking up too much parking (made me laugh, since that K-mart needs to be closed). But this person said they are gonna construct with the Dick's property.

Anyone else heard this?

Old 03-30-2012, 05:10 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,628,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
I "heard" K-Mart threw a fit about Bonefish Grille taking up too much parking (made me laugh, since that K-mart needs to be closed). But this person said they are gonna construct with the Dick's property.

Anyone else heard this?
What do you mean, "they are gonna construct with the Dick's property." ?

Old 03-30-2012, 05:54 PM

18 posts, read 25,258 times
Heard a rumor about a Super Target coming to somewhere near Winterville? How true do you think that is? Man... That would be amazing. All in one shopping spot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina