Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2010, 07:52 AM

4 posts, read 6,769 times

Advertisements

Would a dairy queen be too much to ask? I have to go to Tarboro for that too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2010, 08:14 AM

Also, I am VERY happy to hear about the bike paths being added.

I can't believe a town the size of Greenville with a large percentage of young people (and young families) and temperate climate has so few bicycle paths. I have to drive to Rocky Mount to have a decent (non-street) bicycle ride with my family.

The new Thai restaurant is somehow affiliated with the old Saeng Thai (same chef?), but I do not remember the specifics. I hope the food is the same as that place had the best Thai food in town (my opinion). There was some kind of dispute over the building at the old location, but I cannot remember if it was rent or HVAC related or other (and it was just rumor).

Old 12-01-2010, 10:30 PM

107 posts, read 175,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnwvs View Post
Morehead City & Swansboro have full menu Dairy Queens. All we have ever had were the scaled down menu restaurants and now we don't even have them. Can't a city the size of Greenville support a real Dairy Queen or do they mostly locate in smaller cities. I also would love to have a Popeye's chicken n' biscuits here.

Old 12-03-2010, 01:41 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,103,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnwvs View Post
We had one at Memorial and Davenport Farm Rd. up until 2 years ago.

Old 12-03-2010, 06:48 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,799 times
Why not a Goodberry's? That is good.

Oh, and ECU is putting up a new marque sign on Charles and Greenville to replace the brick one currently there. It was in todays newspaper.

Old 12-06-2010, 09:44 AM

Default Stange to me

I would like any sort of ice cream store that I do not need a small loan to enjoy.
COUGH *DOTS* COUGH *COLDSTONE* COUGH

DQ is good, and some small mom and pop shops would be great. Washington has a mom&pop that I hit when I am there.

I am from a colder environment originally (not NY or Jersey), and in that environment where we could only enjoy ice cream and bike riding for about 5 months out of the year we had plenty of trails and plenty of ice cream "parlors".

Here you can enjoy those same things about 9 months out of the year, maybe 10. And there are not nearly as many. Not a complaint about how things should be, I am just surprised with the temperate climate is all.

Old 12-06-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
From The Reflector (http://www.reflector.com/news/burrs-visit-focuses-care-veterans-37071 - broken link)

"The VA has operated the Greenville clinic for three years. Plans are under way to build a 100,000-square-foot clinic that will partner with the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University to provide a greater amount of outpatient services in the region. The new facility should be operational by 2013."

So it sounds like Greenville is getting a Big VA Clinic.
More info on this.

*It will be a 140,000sqft super clinic and outpatient hospital.

*It will be located on Moye Blvd, on the Tar River side of 5th St, near Jimmy Johns. It will be on ~12acres of land. Go back two parcels of land on each side, then that whole area will house it.

*Construction (as of right now) will begin late 2011.

FYI on Super clinics. This is what I have gathered, someone else may know it better:
There are four veteran hospitals in North Carolina located in Durham, Fayetteville, Salisbury, and Asheville
Then there are Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC), which are like a regular physicians office located in Morehead City, Greenville, Jacksonville, Raleigh, Wilmington, Winston-Salem, Charlotte, two in Hickory and in Franklin.
Then there is a "larger" CBOC that does a few more things like MRI etc. Charlotte and Winston-Salem have these.
Super clinics seems to be right under a hospital. And ours will be a super clinic and outpatient hospital.

Good to see an infux of money from federal sources to come in. I know the Durham hospital has an affiliation with Duke Med, Brody and UNC Dentistry. Hopefully we'll be able to "flex" our medical and dental muscle for the good of the veterans, the east, Greenville and ECU.

Old 12-09-2010, 05:50 PM

I forgot to mention the Five Points plaza project started downtown. Its in the parking lot across from Cubbies. It stinks they cut down all those big trees.....I guess that is the price for progress...Should be another good project for downtown

Old 12-11-2010, 03:44 PM

Some new info on the 119acre of undeveloped land for Eastside Park located near 10th St/Hwy 33 and Portertown. Greenville Parks put new photos up on facebook. It is going right beside River Hill Drive. Fun stuff for our Eastern Pines-ish neighbors.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:44 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,103,880 times
Does Greenvile the city have a Facebook page? That seems like it would be a great way to disseminate info about the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina