Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2010, 08:51 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,262,828 times

Advertisements

Notice 1st Street is now two lanes.
There will be a link to River Park North.
Parking on the southwest and southeast corner.
Amphitheater moved
Hopefully a better launch system for boats.
Two new docks for fishing/etc.
A lot less asphalt, more walkways/green

Hopefully that area over that pedestrian bridge gets cleaned up as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2010, 08:30 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,443,006 times
Cool. Sounds like a good plan to me.

But back on the restaurants, Greenville can't support P.F. Chang's, The Cheesecake Factory, and etc.
However it can support, Red Robin, and maybe just maybe T.G.I. Friday's.

TGI doesn't build as much restaurants as its competitors do so thats why I said maybe.

Old 11-27-2010, 08:43 PM

353 posts, read 458,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Are you referring to the one at Evans and Reade Circle? At one time it used to be Marathon, a Greek restaurant. Everything there seems to fail. But I did go by it last night and it was full. But I agree about the updating part. It needs to get razed and rebuilt into something more eye appealing.
The people that move into that building have the exact same menu as one of the other Thai places in Greenville (Saeng Thai). I haven't been by Saeng Thai in a while but it was in a terrible location before, down by the DMV and where the movie theater used to be on Memorial. I don't know if they permanently moved or if it's a second location.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:30 PM

107 posts, read 175,804 times
They are finally working on the Carolina East Shopping Center. They've had a sign up about re-developing that center for a long time. Saeng Thai may have moved because of the construction work going on.

Old 11-28-2010, 09:28 PM

38 posts, read 96,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead0043 View Post
Greenville doesn't have enough restaurants already?
not until we get a tgif.lol.then i'll stop crying about.sorry that is my favorite resturant since 1990

Old 11-28-2010, 09:37 PM

38 posts, read 96,509 times
does anybody know if greenville has bike paths?I heard they were planning on building them

Old 11-29-2010, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by millina2009 View Post
does anybody know if greenville has bike paths?I heard they were planning on building them
Oh yes to both. It is not nearly extensive as some cities, they are finally coming around to putting this as something people want.

Currently, we have the South Tar River Greenway (Phase 1). It goes from the Town Commons to the Dog park near Tar River Estates. Asphalted with many benches etc. As the name indicates, it follows the Tar River on the south side.

We also currently have Green Mill Run Greenway. It starts at the Greensprings park, across the street from St. Peters on 5th. It follows along Green Mill Run, across 10th St, through Elm St park and ends at the big parking lot on College Hill.

River Park North is a ~300acre nature park located directly north of the Tar River. It has fishing, boating (small/pedal), camping and walking/biking trails.

In the construction/design stage:

South Tar River Greenway (Phase 2). This will pick up Phase 1 at the Dog park and follow Tar River along until it picks up where Green Mill Run dumps into the Tar. It will then follow Green Mill Run to Greensprings Park. If you've been on 5th St and saw the trees being cleared on the opposite side of Greensprings, this is what is being put in. There will be a boardwalk (more elevated walkway, less beach boardwalk) to traverse the wetlands located out there. Last I saw March 2011 is the complete date. But obviously that is VERY fluid.

The Town Commons is getting redesigned. Part of this will connect River Park North to the existing South Tar River Greenway.

The next one is the Green Mill Run Phase 2 Section 2 & 3. It will extend Green Mill Run from its current endpoint on ECU to Evans Park. I've heard the new Province at East Carolina (the new apartment complex going in at the old Kings Arms) is "helping" with this. Basically Green Mill Run cuts off a chunk of usable land. That land can (basically) only be used for a greenway. So they would follow the creek, up beside Pirates Place all the way to Evans Park. This is currently a second half of 2011/first bit of 2012 project.

Lastly, they are looking at putting a greenway on Parkers Creek. It will go from River Park North to the Greenville Aquatics and Fitness Center. But it is way in the future to set anything in stone.

Greenville is in the process of updating their Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan. They are, I believe, still looking for public input. A website was set up, Greenways Inc (http://www.greenways.com/greenvillenc - broken link) for the public to let them know what they want.

Hopefully that helped/put you in the right direction.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cityadvocate View Post
They are finally working on the Carolina East Shopping Center. They've had a sign up about re-developing that center for a long time. Saeng Thai may have moved because of the construction work going on.
Is that the one on Memorial, south of Greenville? I rarely get out that way. Anything "good" coming in?

Old 11-30-2010, 02:16 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,105,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Is that the one on Memorial, south of Greenville? I rarely get out that way. Anything "good" coming in?
It's where you get your drivers license and vehicle plates at.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:18 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,105,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millina2009 View Post
not until we get a tgif.lol.then i'll stop crying about.sorry that is my favorite resturant since 1990
I want a Popeyes. I just have a thing for that Louisiana Kitchen.

Right now we have to drive to Tarboro to get our Red Beans and Rice fix on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina