Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2012, 03:10 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,437,729 times

Advertisements

I seriously doubt they ever had a eye on our market. There's three Cheesecake Factories in NC, one in Charlotte, one in Durham, and one in Raleigh, remind you NC has bigger cities with more wealth like Ashville, Greensboro, and Wilmington all three of those cities are guranteed to get a Cheesecake Factory before we do. But I will say it would be smart if someone local built some type of place like the Cheesecake Factory because there would be no competition for years (maybe even decades).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 05:55 PM

247 posts, read 445,123 times
Just got an email from the manager of franchise development for Firehouse Subs, and he said they ARE bringing two locations to the Greenville area.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:09 PM

451 posts, read 1,913,383 times
^ Nice! I like Firehouse Subs, and have been waiting for them to finally open up a store around here.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:18 PM

68 posts, read 119,697 times
QUIZNOS is the best sub place we hav

Old 03-20-2012, 06:27 PM

247 posts, read 445,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithuania View Post
^ Nice! I like Firehouse Subs, and have been waiting for them to finally open up a store around here.
I been to one in VA Beach and it was really good!

Old 03-20-2012, 06:42 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,627,720 times
I was actually a bit disappointed with Firehouse Subs, probably because I had high expectations from hearing how great they are. But I still like Quizno's best in that price range. But it's always nice to have more choices.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:42 PM

5 posts, read 28,639 times
Sorry I have not read all 150 pages but I have an interesting question. My husband and I and our kids will be moving to Greenville from NYC in a few months. Are there many local / non-chain nice restaurants / cafes around? Does anyone know what is the existing business climate like? Is it easy to start a new business (restaurant / bar / outdoor cafes) down there? Any plans for a town center type of development?

Old 03-21-2012, 05:19 AM

228 posts, read 600,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCIINC View Post
Sorry I have not read all 150 pages but I have an interesting question. My husband and I and our kids will be moving to Greenville from NYC in a few months. Are there many local / non-chain nice restaurants / cafes around? Does anyone know what is the existing business climate like? Is it easy to start a new business (restaurant / bar / outdoor cafes) down there? Any plans for a town center type of development?
Welcome to the area. I hope by now you realize the huge difference between NYC and Greenville. Even then, living here will be a shock and an adjustment...

There are some wonderful local restaurants like Pete's Wycked Grill, Winslow's, Village Point Market, a Tavola, Thai 360, Dale's Indian Cuisine, Tipsy Teapot, etc. And, we also have a dearth of the vacuous chain restaurants that locals seem to get so very excited about...but, stick with the independents and you will be quite happy dining out.

The actual downtown in Greenville is a mix of nice places like Winslows, Tipsy Teapot, Dales, a lovely river front park, etc. and horrible, dive dance clubs, horrid clothing places, and empty store fronts. Certain parties are trying to revitalize downtown, but you have a significant crime producing portion of town from west Greenville and another portion of the "old boys club" that are holding this town back from progressing.

If your children play sports, Greenville is a Sports Illustrated Sportstown USA - so there are wonderful opportunities for your children in this town.

Get involved in the ECU community for culture, the arts, etc. But, for Broadway level productions, pro sports, better shopping - I suggest regular trips to Raleigh or Va Beach - I spend more weekend in Va Beach than here as I am able.

Hopefully you are buying a home in Winterville, Grimesland, or Lynndale - sadly, downtown Greenville is not ideal due to crime...

Old 03-21-2012, 08:16 AM

45 posts, read 75,127 times
The new Dollar General on Airport Rd beside Hardee's. I'm guessing the old one will shut down. The inside is still empty so no word on an official opening date.
Attached Thumbnails
Greenville Area Developments-dgeneral.jpg  

Old 03-21-2012, 11:12 AM

892 posts, read 1,342,075 times
The Heritage at Arlington on West Fifth Street had broken ground.

It will contain 228 units of one-, two- and three-bedroom apartments situated on 28 acres focused in the medical community. There will be a luxury clubhouse, pool, indoor theatre, fitness center, volleyball court, garage options & it's own car wash...(which could be a hose & a bucket for all I know).

Link to DR story, but you have to have an account to read it....

The Daily Reflector

Good to see more building going on..things seem to be looking a little tiny bit better around town, the housing market apparently is trending upward in town, at least according to the realtor I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina