Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2013, 11:19 AM

68 posts, read 119,758 times

Advertisements

Follow @DevelopGville on Twitter. If you want me to add some of the stuff up here let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2013, 04:50 PM

247 posts, read 445,421 times
Aaron's is moving to a new location on memorial drive in the former boater's world beside China Wok.

Old 07-24-2013, 06:39 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,310 times
i wish they'd just tear down the current Aaron's building along with the cleaner / signs now building (aka old video store place).

Old 07-24-2013, 01:42 PM

68 posts, read 119,758 times
Its official Dunham's is going in the Greenville Mall in the old Steve and Barry's location. I saw it on the Greenville Mall lease plan.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:07 PM

893 posts, read 1,343,310 times
glad they've found something to fill that spot...i wonder how business will do there. I never go to the mall, unless I need a haircut.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:29 AM

232 posts, read 475,121 times
I wonder how long before Greenville annexes the new walmart

Old 07-25-2013, 04:48 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,103,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIR8tes12 View Post
I wonder how long before Greenville annexes the new walmart
That property and a whole bunch of others near it are already in the city limits. The NC legislature should do away with all of this spot annexing. If you want one property you should have to take all of the properties.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:18 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,858,470 times
If anyone is familiar with how fast Monkey Junction developed about 8-10 years ago...I foresee this happening at the new Wal-Mart area. With the Lowes and Food Lion already there, just wait until the restaurants start coming in...one will follow the other...

How many outparcels are set up in that development now?

Old 07-25-2013, 10:53 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,552,876 times
Good news for the PGV!

Quote:
The Pitt-Greenville Airport Authority will receive a $3.5 million grant from the Federal Aviation Administration to make runway improvements, the airport director said Wednesday.

“We’re pleased that the FAA recognizes that this is an important project for our community and made it a priority,” Jerry Vickers, manager of the airport, said. “We were concerned that federal sequestration might slide funding for the project into more of a piecemeal approach, but the full funding will allow us to move forward on this phase, including moving the utilities and purchasing the easements to remove the trees and possibly the properties, then doing the construction preparations this fall.”

The airport runway must be extended 670 feet on the north end to meet new FAA runway safety requirements of an additional 1,000 feet.

Extension space is not available on the runway’s south end near the Tar River and North Memorial Drive due to wetlands and the proximity to the highway.

Airport officials are engaged in negotiations with property owners beside the airport’s north end for the necessary easements which will allow trees in the new runway protection zone to be removed. Some owners have voluntarily negotiated sale of their properties. Others have chosen to remain and negotiate easements only, Vickers said.

The preliminary construction schedule for this fall will involve relocation of several major utility lines so the runway extension will not pass over them, Vickers said.

“If something happens to the utility lines, we don’t want to have to tear the runway up for access to the lines, so this first project will relocate all those utilities to a place more than 1,000 feet beyond the end of the extended runway where work can safely be done,” Vickers said.

The airport is guaranteed about $1 million in grants annually under federal guidelines.

“The remaining $2.5 million comes from a discretionary pot that airports compete for,” Vickers said. “Safety-related projects like this runway extension, required to meet new FAA standards, are given the highest priority.”

The federal appropriations sequestration that was created in January when lawmakers in Washington, D.C., could not reach a budget agreement threatened the airport’s funding and construction schedule, Vickers said.

A $5 million grant next year is anticipated to do the actual runway construction, expected to be completed in 2014, Vickers said.

U.S. Senator Kay Hagan announced Wednesday’s FAA grant in Washington.

“This grant will make the Pitt-Greenville Airport a safer place for travelers and workers,” Hagan said. “It is critically important that we continue to invest in infrastructure such as our local airports that both boost the North Carolina economy and employ many North Carolinians.”

Old 07-25-2013, 12:24 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,799 times
Rouse Properties, Inc. Completes Acquisition of Greenville Mall in Greenville, North Carolina | Fort Mill Times - Fort Mill, SC

Not sure how good Rouse Properties is, but anything has to be better than the current management.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina