Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 10:05 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,441,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
I've been there a few times. It seems that many people had an issue with the service they received more than the food there. According to online reviews on sites like Yelp or Foursquare, it's not surprising that this placed has closed.

Hopefully, another restaurant will take it's place.

Side note: Since moving to Raleigh about year ago, I was recently able to attend the Triangle Restaurant Week at a couple of restaurants around here. It's a really neat way to enjoy the city's more "Upscale" establishments at an affordable price. I think it would be an awesome way to drum up business for the various Greenville restaurants or maybe Uptown Greenville could start something similar.

CPW's, University Chophouse, Villedge, Winslow's, Copper & Vine, etc. could all offer a special Menu for a week that includes a $15 or $20 per person 3 or 4 course meal. Or a "Two for $20" option like some of the larger chain restaurants are using. It's pretty popular in the Triangle area and I know lots of other cities around the country.

Heh, just an idea.
That would be a genius idea for the Greenville area, businesses would lose a little money but in the long run gain more patrons. For one, I know I've always wanted to try University Chophouse during brunch hours but everyone told me it was expensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 07:04 AM

192 posts, read 281,138 times
New Walmart will be housing a Subway or at least I assume so because of the Subway sign on the side of the building. Also, noticed that the Dollar Tree has a sign on the front door stating it will be open at 8am on Thursday the 18th.

Old 07-15-2013, 06:50 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,552,876 times
New Walmart is opening on Wednesday.

Quote:
Greenville residents will have one more 24-hour grocery store on Wednesday when the ribbon is cut on the new Walmart.

The new store, which has created about 300 new jobs in the area, will host its grand-opening ceremony at 7:30 a.m. at 4600 E. 10th St.

Doors will be unlocked and shopping will begin at 8 a.m., store manager Ken Bedsole, originally of Greensboro, said. The store will start its 24-hour, seven-day-per-week regular schedule on Wednesday.

Special events and giveaways will be part of the two-week long opening celebration, Bedsole said.

“There will be special events scheduled every day during the two weeks from the time we start,” Bedsole said. “We’ll have a special event the Saturday after the opening where Coca-Cola will bring a NASCAR simulator and we’ll grill out for our customers and have free drinks and face painters and clowns. We’ll have a lot of stuff going on.”

The Saturday event will run from noon to 3 p.m., Bedsole said.

Customers can look forward to “lots of freebies” at the event and the days following.

The store will include the typical Walmart Supercenter features: grocery, pharmacy and other merchandise. The location is about four miles from East Carolina University’s main campus.

“No doubt we’re very excited,” Bedsole said of his staff. “I can’t tell you how long we’ve been waiting for this. Customers are excited, too. We’ve just been putting the finishing touches on everything.”

The ribbon-cutting ceremony on Wednesday will include $5,500 in grants to local nonprofits, including the Ronald McDonald House, the Special Olympics of North Carolina and the American Red Cross.

The new store will partner with Greenville’s existing Walmart, 210 S.W. Greenville Blvd., to host a special shopping night out for students on Aug. 18 from 9:30-11:30 p.m., Bedsole said.

The event, part of ECU’s “Plunge Into Purple” celebration, will give students the chance to pick up college merchandise and dorm room supplies and win prizes.

Buses will run from campus to the store, Bedsole said. A covered bus stop has been installed by the store, he said.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:32 PM

247 posts, read 445,421 times
Employee at Local Yogurt said they will be closing soon. They said the other yogurt shops ran them out.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:30 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,044 times
The new Walmart opened up 7:30 this morning.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:09 PM

Halloween Express is going in the building with Fresh Market.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:45 PM

68 posts, read 119,758 times
Does that mean the big box in the mall has been leased my someone else? Also, I looked on the mall website it said Cinnabon, Great Steak and Potato, Charlie's grilled subs, aveda, and brusters are looking for an owner/operator in the mall.

Old 07-17-2013, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPirate7 View Post
Does that mean the big box in the mall has been leased my someone else? Also, I looked on the mall website it said Cinnabon, Great Steak and Potato, Charlie's grilled subs, aveda, and brusters are looking for an owner/operator in the mall.
Yes, I was told Dunham Sports was going in the mall.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:26 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,441,085 times
"Ninja Express" is opening in the former Hu-Hut Restaurant, also at 11 Galleria there is a sandwich shop named "Which Wich" is opening. I'm probably reporting on old information, but I literally just saw those places and decided to report on it. By the way, the Children's Hospital looks amazing!

Old 07-18-2013, 05:59 AM

6 posts, read 8,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
"Ninja Express" is opening in the former Hu-Hut Restaurant, also at 11 Galleria there is a sandwich shop named "Which Wich" is opening. I'm probably reporting on old information, but I literally just saw those places and decided to report on it. By the way, the Children's Hospital looks amazing!
Actually Ninja Express is going in the former Tabeya Restaurant, not the Hu-Hot location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina