Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2013, 06:48 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,553,731 times

Advertisements

This is completely off-topic, but I found a story that I thought was interesting. An artist redrew all US state lines to reflect states that have all equal population.

According to this map, Greenville and all of Eastern NC would be a part of a state called "Tidewater" that would run North of Richmond,VA to south of Myrtle Beach, SC. Seems like it would be an excellent state to live in and a tourism would rule the State (with VA Beach, the Outer Banks, Wilmington, and Myrtle Beach.)

The Full story is here: http://news.yahoo.com/us-map-states-...165216893.html

Just thought it was interesting.

Last edited by michealbond; 08-23-2013 at 07:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 08:33 AM

192 posts, read 281,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
I honestly still don't see Costco moving into the Greenville market nor PF Changs but then again we all have this argument every 50 pages or so. Haha
I was thinking the same thing

On another note. Does anybody know what they're doing on the south side of Firetower between the Kangaroo station on the corner of County Home Rd/Arlington and Firetower and the Sky Nails? They bulldozed the field like they're getting ready to build something. I wonder if it's going to be more strip mall suites or if someone is building a freestanding business?

Old 08-23-2013, 09:02 AM

893 posts, read 1,344,049 times
i hate a strip mall. that is all

Old 08-23-2013, 09:23 AM

68 posts, read 119,804 times
Costco usually serves markets over 200k. The Greenville Metro area is at 192k. It's possible that Costco will go in the old HD because its near its competition as well. Also, on firetower between Covenant and the Vet/ Lemongrass shopping center there should be a new Target. It's a huge space and I don't think there is plans for residential area since there is for sale signs in front of them.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:13 AM

52 posts, read 96,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Bret Wickstrom View Post
On another note. Does anybody know what they're doing on the south side of Firetower between the Kangaroo station on the corner of County Home Rd/Arlington and Firetower and the Sky Nails? They bulldozed the field like they're getting ready to build something. I wonder if it's going to be more strip mall suites or if someone is building a freestanding business?
I heard a long time ago that another Cookout fast food restaurant was going there on Firetower.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Costco usually serves markets over 200k. The Greenville Metro area is at 192k. It's possible that Costco will go in the old HD because its near its competition as well. Also, on firetower between Covenant and the Vet/ Lemongrass shopping center there should be a new Target. It's a huge space and I don't think there is plans for residential area since there is for sale signs in front of them.
Google maps (or Bing, can't remember which one) already has streets in that space with names for a residential area. I was pretty certain it would be a residential area.

I wish Target would build another store out near the new Wal Mart & Harris Teeter needs to build a new store out across from K&W Cafeteria..there is not another grocery store around in that area beside that Food Lion. Seems like a great spot for a grocery store with all the new apartments popping up around the Medical campus.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:52 PM

68 posts, read 119,804 times
[quote=jpirate;31098384]Google maps (or Bing, can't remember which one) already has streets in that space with names for a residential area. I was pretty certain it would be a residential area.

Yes it has it on both but there has been no activity over the past 2-3 years there and it has 2 for sale signs for residential and commercial so you never know!

Old 08-23-2013, 02:38 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
Google maps (or Bing, can't remember which one) already has streets in that space with names for a residential area. I was pretty certain it would be a residential area.
May be just from the layout of the trailer park that used to be there.

Old 08-28-2013, 12:55 PM

26 posts, read 50,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LancePippin0982 View Post
I heard a long time ago that another Cookout fast food restaurant was going there on Firetower.
I thought the same thing when I saw it. I know they talked about Cookout going down there over a year ago so the location and look of the lot made me think Cookout, but that's just pure specification on my part. They should put in a Firehouse Subs down there too. What would be better than a Firehouse on Firetower!

Old 08-29-2013, 09:25 AM

from the looks of the way they have the dirt foundation leveled out, it's probably just going to be another strip mall to finish off the set of them I would guess...which is disappointing if so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina