Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2012, 04:51 PM

286 posts, read 652,846 times

Advertisements

The last time I went to Mayflower, probably a year ago, they gave me seafood that wasn't fully cooked to the point that the batter was still soft and gooey.

To each their own but I will only eat fried seafood. It's all I've ever known, and what I grew up with, so it's what I eat. I wish we had a place closer to town that served GOOD fried seafood.

Knightdale Seafood & BBQ on the old 64 hwy is pretty good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 07:44 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,437,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelvee View Post
I wonder how Bonefish Grille will do. I don't know if Greenville can support both Bonefish and a McCormick & Schmicks (hadn't heard about them coming in). Two upscale seafood restaurants?

I remember we visited NYC while living in Portland OR several years ago, and it was funny that we ended up eating at McCormick (they're based out of Portland). Traveling all that distance to end up at a "local" (to Portland) restaurant.

Ah I meant Bonefish Grille, thanks. It would be nice to have both though. I'm definelty having seafood tomorrow after all this talk, most likely Dixie Queen.

If I had the cash to do it, I would love to open a Noodles & Company in downtown (uptown) Greenville. I imagine that it would be pretty successful, maybe even a Potbelly Sandwich Shop could do well here long as its advertised right.

Old 02-10-2012, 05:28 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,100,090 times
I cannot comment on the Dixie Queen because it would violate the City Data TOS. But suffice to say, I will never step foot in that place again.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:56 AM

892 posts, read 1,342,075 times
well, that's reassuring

Old 02-10-2012, 07:57 AM

286 posts, read 652,846 times
For me it's the only place that actually makes me nauseous WHILE I'm eating. Not after, but during, and it doesn't take much of it to get to that point.

Nooooot good food at all.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:58 AM

45 posts, read 75,127 times
Noticed a help wanted sign for a new restaurant coming to the old Gilligans location @ the intersection of 10th & 5th. Any ideas?

Old 02-10-2012, 02:47 PM

892 posts, read 1,342,075 times
humm..nope but that location has been doomed ever since the old steak place..what was it, Western Steer..went out of business. It has to be really good food for that location to survive. Kind of like the Atlantic Grill over there is a bad location too, but the food is good so people remember it & go. Anyone with some Valentine's Restaurant recommendations?

Old 02-10-2012, 07:25 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,245,086 times
Just MOP for a recommendation for Val. Day, go to Fresh Market, buy some lobster tails, NY strip steaks or shrimp and lettuce and cook them at home. This is what I am going to do. A lot less expensive, great food, you are doing the cooking, no stress and you set the scene for romance in your own home.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:28 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,256,713 times
GO-Science Center uptown is getting closer to reality.

The Redevelopment Commission on Tuesday approved a Community Development Department recommendation to authorize a city lease with GO-Science for the 900-square-foot showroom area of the former Pugh’s Tire Center at 729 Dickinson Ave. The nonprofit organization will pay $1 per year for the space.

The East Group architectural firm to help redesign the center at no cost.
http://www.go-science.org/

Also, the construction around PCMH is coming along.

This is the exterior of the new children's emergency department, which is beside the current ED.

And a couple of shots of the Children's Hospital. I tell ya I thought it was going to be larger, oh well.

Lastly, one question. I've seen two official district signs, Uptown and Medical, throughout the city. Are there other ones that I haven't seen? Or is it just those two?

Old 02-10-2012, 08:44 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,437,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
Just MOP for a recommendation for Val. Day, go to Fresh Market, buy some lobster tails, NY strip steaks or shrimp and lettuce and cook them at home. This is what I am going to do. A lot less expensive, great food, you are doing the cooking, no stress and you set the scene for romance in your own home.

I wish I couldve gave you 1000 rep. points for that. I'm definitely doing that now. Sounds like a perfect combination for romance filled night.

@Mr.Bojangles, I've seen dozens of the signs. They also have "Convention District" signs on Greenville BLVD (there's plenty of those signs on Greenville BLVD), some on Dickinson Avenue, some in Uptown, some North of the River, and etc. You just have to look hard enough, it may be surprising to see how many there are.
And thank you for the photo's of the Childerns Hosptial. If I'm not mistaken didnt they say the Children's hospital can be expanded upwards in the future? I may be thinking of another hospital.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina