Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2012, 09:40 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,259,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandy8006 View Post
The sign is up for the new bar/restaurant going in the old Boli's downtown. I think its called "The Quarry". Looks really good!

Also, was driving by Upper Deck and noticed the For Lease sign hanging up. Guess they are going out of business?
The Quarry is owned by the same people who own Stilllife downtown.

All of the Upper Deck waitresses were waiting for the Mellow Mushroom to open to bolt across. Kinda sucks UD is leaving. That place can't catch a break. Hopefully Bonefish will do better.

Also, they're actually moving dirt for the VA clinic, so that is fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 02:45 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,259,536 times
Any idea what kind of road construction is going on 10th St? The middle three lanes are blocked. Looks like it could be either a road resurfacing or maybe (cross fingers) building a medium.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:40 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,102,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Any idea what kind of road construction is going on 10th St? The middle three lanes are blocked. Looks like it could be either a road resurfacing or maybe (cross fingers) building a medium.
No, it's not a median, although there may up being one. They're connecting Farmville Blvd to W. 10th St.

This is an excellent project. Before I moved here I used to have a travel trailer at Twin Lakes over in Chicowinity. To get there I would come in on 264 and then turn right on 11, left on Dickinson, and then right on 10th St. For people that don't know their way around it was very awkward, especially though that mess at Dickinson and 10th. This will clean the whole thing up and make it significantly easier to negotiate that route.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:42 AM

286 posts, read 653,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
No, it's not a median, although there may up being one. They're connecting Farmville Blvd to W. 10th St.

This is an excellent project. Before I moved here I used to have a travel trailer at Twin Lakes over in Chicowinity. To get there I would come in on 264 and then turn right on 11, left on Dickinson, and then right on 10th St. For people that don't know their way around it was very awkward, especially though that mess at Dickinson and 10th. This will clean the whole thing up and make it significantly easier to negotiate that route.
It would have been much easier to stay on the 264 outer loop and just take a left onto 33 at Hastings Ford.

Just saying. It's called a bypass for a reason.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:37 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,102,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frisch View Post
It would have been much easier to stay on the 264 outer loop and just take a left onto 33 at Hastings Ford.

Just saying. It's called a bypass for a reason.
Too far....

Old 02-15-2012, 10:49 AM

893 posts, read 1,342,898 times
anyone heard anything about the new La Ribera..i read on another board that this person went to eat & they do not serve alcohol there. Unless the food is real good, that's going to be an issue for them most likely.

Surprising, considering how much $ they spent to fix the place up...if that's true.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:30 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,628,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
anyone heard anything about the new La Ribera..i read on another board that this person went to eat & they do not serve alcohol there. Unless the food is real good, that's going to be an issue for them most likely.

Surprising, considering how much $ they spent to fix the place up...if that's true.
A Mexican restaurant with no margaritas? If true, I doubt they'll last.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:14 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,764,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herringj06 View Post
Noticed a help wanted sign for a new restaurant coming to the old Gilligans location @ the intersection of 10th & 5th. Any ideas?
It's going to be a bar/club and it's supposed to open this weekend. Somehow I can't see it celebrating a one year anniversary next year.

The Quarry (former Boli's 5th St. Pizzeria) has paper cover their windows during its much needed renovation, but the paper is peeling, revealing glimpses of what's happening inside. Walking by, I could see brick has been laid around the posts surrounding the bar, and simple, yet nice individual lights hanging across the length of the bar. It looks as if there's much more work to be done, and I'll bet it has cost quite a lot. I miss going to Boli's, but it's good to see an investor going in full-scale on a new project.

The former Downtown Athletic Club (next to the Armadillo) is now some sort of combination barbershop/pool hall. The pool table looked kind of cheap and small. I'm not real optimistic about the longevity of this place.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:49 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,764,200 times
Greenville Fire & Rescue Officials Seeking Seventh Station

Fire Chief seeks a new station, possibly on Firetower Rd.
It may be romantic to have a fire station next to an actual firetower (not that's where he wants it), but Firetower Rd. has a median and would be hard to navigate the shortest route possible. The part of Firetower that doesn't have a median (near Carmike) is thick in traffic and is in Bells Fork, which is served by the fire station on Red Banks and Charles. Perhaps Evans St. between Firetower and Greenville Blvd. would be better. Personally, seeing how much of that end of Firetower has Winterville addresses, I'd say a seventh Greenville fire station should not be given a priority right now. Maybe re-addressing the idea in five years, with a better economy, would be better.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:13 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,246,925 times
The Quarry is going to be another Pizza & Italian rest., we know the family of the cook who will be working there. Convection ovens, not brick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina