Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is DC a Northeast city?
Yes 240 65.22%
No 128 34.78%
Voters: 368. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 01:29 PM

32,087 posts, read 34,686,093 times

Advertisements

Okay...nyanti is clearly your sock puppet, but whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
nyanti,Only Uptown NYC cats was doing the same thing. DC has always been a fly city.
When have you ever seen Harlemites wear HOBO, Shooters, We R One, and Madness? Along with slouch socks, foam posits, sparkly bandannas, tye dye shirts, and Looney Tune jean jackets?

Quote:
As for basketball, yeah Philly has Kobe but he doesn't really claim Philly anymore. DC can go toe-to-toe with any city on a basketball level. We have had some of the greats in this area. Grant Hill, Ty Lawson, Dennis Scott, Sidney Lowe, Steve Francis, Walt Williams, Len Bias, Sherman Douglas, Lawrence Moten, Johnny Dawkins, Danny Ferry, Delonte West, Kevin Durant & Michael Beasley.
This made me laugh. It's bad enough that you make stuff up, but you've now shown your knowledge of basketball history to be deplorable. Any sane discussion of DC ball players would involve Elgin Baylor and you clearly omitted his name from your comment.

That said, nobody cares about DC.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:44 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,154,410 times
Bajan,

I use to think you were just an Internet lame but you have a little bit of substance. So I will give you some credit.

NYANTI already mentioned Elgin Baylor. Believe me I know all about him. I could also throw Red Auerbach out there too. I only gave you a snapshot of players old and new. I didn't mention a lot of players from the area. You repeatedly say "Nobody cares about DC" but seem to know a lot of DC neighborhoods and Go-Go music and slouch socks and Madness and Chicken and Mambo. LOL

You love our style but you are afraid to admit it! It's alright.

BTW: NYC dudes wear Foamposites and Nike Boots too. Seen it with my own two eyes. LOL

Old 01-14-2011, 01:58 PM

13,727 posts, read 15,741,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
When have you ever seen Harlemites wear HOBO, Shooters, We R One, and Madness? Along with slouch socks, foam posits, sparkly bandannas, tye dye shirts, and Looney Tune jean jackets?

***Note to self: This guy has been gone for a long time since those styles went out in 2000-2001!***

To respond to your post, I would be hot if I ever saw NYC people wearing D.C. clothes. They need to keep their 1990 Timberlands and their 1990 baggy jeans. They also need to keep wearing their 1990 bubble down coats. I have noticed unfortunately, they have started to wear sleep tek North Face coats though. D.C. has been wearing them since 2004 so it might be changing soon anyway. Hopefully it doesn't catch on too much up in other cities before D.C. changes it's style. Unfortunately, everyone everywhere over the years started wearing Nike Boots after D.C. started wearing them in 2002. LOL at the rest of the nation catching onto girls stretch jeans and girl high top flat boots with their stretch jeans tucked in. D.C. girls started wearing that style in 1997-1998. I remember when the r&b singer Ciara came out in 2004 with the high top flat boots from D.C. and everyone started wearing them all of sudden. Now in 2010-2011, even white people wear them everywhere 13 years later. Us D.C. dudes use to love those Parasuko stretch jeans walking down the street starting in 1997 14 years ago. You couldn't find that anywhere but here!

D.C. just can't seem to hold on to anything anymore. I used to be able to leave and go to other cities and have people ask me where I got my gear. LOL...it would be so funny when I told them..."In D.C."...knowing they wouldn't be able to get it because it wasn't sold outside of D.C.

D.C. is always way ahead of everybody everywhere.

Last edited by MDAllstar; 01-14-2011 at 03:02 PM..

Old 01-14-2011, 02:08 PM

^^^^^That use to happen to me all the time. I went to Brooklyn with the Madness fishing hat and they was on it. Plus, we use to rock the Moss Brown Gore Tex joint. MCM and the EK's. The couldn't do nothing with it. LOL

I was in Philly one weekend in the early 90's with this girl but we had to drive across the bridge to Camden, NJ to go to a liquor store on a Sunday. Two dudes in line asked me if I was from DC because I had on slouch socks. That showed me the impact DC has when you can ID an entire city because of a pair of socks. Same thing in BBall. Back in the day, DC dudes use to rock the high socks.

Old 01-14-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
^^^^^That use to happen to me all the time. I went to Brooklyn with the Madness fishing hat and they was on it. Plus, we use to rock the Moss Brown Gore Tex joint. MCM and the EK's. The couldn't do nothing with it. LOL

I was in Philly one weekend in the early 90's with this girl but we had to drive across the bridge to Camden, NJ to go to a liquor store on a Sunday. Two dudes in line asked me if I was from DC because I had on slouch socks. That showed me the impact DC has when you can ID an entire city because of a pair of socks. Same thing in BBall. Back in the day, DC dudes use to rock the high socks.
Same thing happened to me in Ohio..lol...everyone know's when your from D.C. everywhere on the east coast.

Old 01-14-2011, 02:38 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,186,058 times
kobe doesn't claim Philly lol. Last time I checked Kobe is a eagles fan among other things, bottom line Wilt and Kobe iare better than anybody from DC hands down.

Old 01-14-2011, 02:51 PM

257 posts, read 457,885 times
Imma Solbiato kid all day

Old 01-14-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Breathing Fire View Post
Imma Solbiato kid all day
+1

Old 01-14-2011, 03:02 PM

Wilt and Kobe are beast but throw me some other names. David Robinson & Elgin Baylor would give Wilt and Kobe a run. Different eras but fu*k it. Kobe was on TV saying he is a LA boy now. No DC Bball player would ever do that. He wouldn't be able to come home.

You are one of those types that think Kobe is better than Jordan too? I laugh at lames all day long. It's my job. Kobe is a monster but he will never be Mike plus he is a biyaaatch and he snitched on Shaq. That's why Shaq always go on him in public. Tell Kobe stop crying on camera. "I cheated on my wife." "Shaq did too."

Old 01-14-2011, 03:19 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,895,654 times
Hmm for hoops from Philly

Wilt
Kobe
Rasheed Wallace
Tyreke Evans
Jameer Nelson
Cuttino Mobley
Aaron Mckee
Earl Monroe
Alvin Williams
Eddie Griffin
John Salmons
Wali Jones
Rasual Butler
Dawn Staley

just for starters - are you kidding me, this is a clear cut differance between DC and Philly

There is a style called the Philadelphia guard

are you for real on this one...

Shall we do Boxers as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.