Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is DC a Northeast city?
Yes 240 65.22%
No 128 34.78%
Voters: 368. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 11:46 AM

32,113 posts, read 34,739,914 times

Advertisements

The fact that this topic now has nearly one hundred pages confirms that DC is not in the Northeast.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:48 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,164,034 times
Are you serious! The fact that more people checked Northeast in the poll confirms popular opinion. Nice try.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:50 AM

32,113 posts, read 34,739,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Are you serious! The fact that more people checked Northeast in the poll confirms popular opinion. Nice try.
Didn't popular opinion put George W. Bush in the White House for eight years?

Old 01-13-2011, 12:03 PM

Naw! He lost the first one which ultimately would have affected the second one.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:06 PM
DMV

559 posts, read 1,071,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephi215 View Post
U MAD lol? Man you have no idea what you are talking about. If Im remembering this correctly I said that people from philly (a good amount) do not party in DC. Just because you saw a chartered bus go to a club in DC a # of years ago does not mean a good amount of people from Philly party there. I also said that IF anything people from Philly party in New York and AC occasionally because they are closer and they are more ideal party destinations than DC. Yes I also said that I prefer Philly's combination of clubs and bar scene over DC's because its more options and its more diverse. I didn't even say anything about Atl. Now back on subject, Bottom line Philly has a higher jamaican, hatian, dominican, puerto rican etc population than DC. I do admit that DC probably has a better carnival. Bottom line DC is historically southern and is considered southern by the GOVERNMENT!.
Now Hold fast their Pal... I had a Friend that use to go to school in Scranton, PA with a lot of cats from Philly and they use to always tell him how bad they wanted to come to DC to party.... One weekend all "7" of them drove down here and we all hung out and ever since then we couldn't keep them out of DC LOL.... Also a couple of weeks ago when I was out Clubbin at this club called "Lux Lounge" with my friends and I began dancing with this one chick and after talking to her we then exchanged numbers, then she told me that she and all 5 of her friends (which by the way were being occupied by my friends LOL) were all from Philly .... About a month ago one of my female friends from Philly just celebrated her 23rd Birthday at Lucky Strikes Bowling/Bar in Downtown DC and she brought her peeps from Philly with her... When I went to school Down South I had some friends from Philly that literally use to travel with some friends of mine from DC every holiday break just to go party in DC.... What My friends an I have noticed that if we happen to run into any chicks from out of town they are more than likely going to be from Philly or possibly NY

Old 01-13-2011, 12:08 PM

257 posts, read 458,572 times
Philly love them some D.C.
Even people from Baltimore come down to D.C. to party, even though they don't like to admit it.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:09 PM

2,419 posts, read 4,726,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV View Post
Now Hold fast their Pal... I had a Friend that use to go to school in Scranton, PA with a lot of cats from Philly and they use to always tell him how bad they wanted to come to DC to party.... One weekend all "7" of them drove down here and we all hung out and ever since then we couldn't keep them out of DC LOL.... Also a couple of weeks ago when I was out Clubbin at this club called "Lux Lounge" with my friends and I began dancing with this one chick and after talking to her we then exchanged numbers, then she told me that she and all 5 of her friends (which by the way were being occupied by my friends LOL) were all from Philly .... About a month ago one of my female friends from Philly just celebrated her 23rd Birthday at Lucky Strikes Bowling/Bar in Downtown DC and she brought her peeps from Philly with her... When I went to school Down South I had some friends from Philly that literally use to travel with some friends of mine from DC every holiday break just to go party in DC.... What My friends an I have noticed that if we happen to run into any chicks from out of town they are more than likely going to be from Philly or possibly NY
What your describing does not sound like real Philly girls.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:13 PM

That's what I'm trying to tell slim that Philly people (especially females) invade DC on the weekends to party. I have met so many Philly women at DC clubs over the years. Philly women are cool as sh&t because they don't come at you with all the drama the DC chicks bring.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:13 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,941,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV View Post

While people from Philly go to DC to party, NYC would outnumber DC as party destination from Philly probably 4 to 1, oddly more people from NYC party in Philly than those from DC, and either way NYC (and IMO Philly) is a much better party city when compared to DC, which is also very good (please no well our bars are open 1 hour later two nights a week)...

Old 01-13-2011, 12:15 PM
DMV

559 posts, read 1,071,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
The fact that this topic now has nearly one hundred pages confirms that DC is not in the Northeast.
Ohh is that how its confirmed???? well its just to bad that this thread has an actual "Poll" and from my understanding the poll is where ppl actually vote regardless of what ppl are talking about..... this thread can generate 100,000,000,000,000 Pages, but as long as everyone votes Northeast then all of the commenting is irrelevant
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City