Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 02:43 AM

580 posts, read 1,081,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
When all the construction is over, no one will even recognize Austin's skyline.
There's one building in that graphic that I don't recognize. What's that purplish, cylindrical tower between the Austonian and the T. Stacy Tower?

Speaking of, what do you think of that T. Stacy Condo? I can't tell if it's fit in with the quirkiness of the city, or whether it just looks place ugly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 04:13 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,035,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoZ View Post
There's one building in that graphic that I don't recognize. What's that purplish, cylindrical tower between the Austonian and the T. Stacy Tower?

Speaking of, what do you think of that T. Stacy Condo? I can't tell if it's fit in with the quirkiness of the city, or whether it just looks place ugly.
I think the T. Stacy Tower should be alright, it has a completely different design than the other buildings, but it should fit in decently later on.

I personally think the Frost Bank Tower should have been taller than it is, it's got one of the best designs out of all the buildings in Austin.

It's a future planned building, that will be in the Austin skyline later this decade.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:35 PM

580 posts, read 1,081,374 times
Eh, I guess I'll have to wait until I see more official renderings to form a better opinion. I've seen a few conflicting design schemes for it, so I don't one. But I do say one thing though, at least a nice 830-foot tower would put us on the map for tallest buildings in the U.S., would be an ego boost to say the least.

As for the Frost Bank Tower, oh definitely man. 515 feet may have been tall for Austin back in the day, but as epic as the architecture is on that building, it should really have been taller. Easily my favorite building in the city.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:56 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,363,453 times
The far western suburbs of Chicago continue to grow, despite the current economy. Ive seen countless numbers of projects occurring in the last 2-3 years. Here are just a few examples:

New hospitals, new hospital additions, road-widening projects, lots of new restaurants, new car dealerships, new forest preserves, airport additions, new motorcycle dealerships, new subdivisions, family waterparks, new industrial parks, etc.

Just a few examples from the last few months that Ive seen:

New parking garages:

Hospital additions:

New riverwalk projects:

New stores:

Small restaurants:

Old 04-18-2010, 11:38 AM

4,230 posts, read 10,481,890 times
JACKSON, MISSISSIPPI | City With Soul
MEMPHIS | Development News
NEW ORLEANS | Project/Development Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 11:47 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,199,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthmoreAve View Post
Houston has Hess Tower that has just topped off(~500 ft), MainPlace, the city's 15th tallest at 630 feet is under construction, Embassy Suites began construction late last year I think, and the 6 story Houston Ballet Center is topped off. All in all, I'd say there are about 6 or more active construction sites in Downtown, I listed the notable ones.

I know of the 25 story MD Anderson Administrative Support building under construction in the TMC as well.
On top of that you have light rail being developed, New downtown YMCA, lots of condos and townhomes going up around the Houston area, BLVD Place, and lots more.

Old 04-18-2010, 12:08 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,481,890 times
https://www.city-data.com:80/forum/mi...town-lake.html

Old 04-18-2010, 12:33 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,199,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
That would be real nice if that project actually gets developed. It would really change Jackson.

Old 04-18-2010, 01:34 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,838,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrn198 View Post
Am I reading that right or is this new building only 15 stories? I'd think it would be taller than that... the new M. D. Anderson Administrative Support building in Houston's medical district (not even in the downtown) is 10 stories taller than that...

Old 04-19-2010, 03:14 PM

2,368 posts, read 5,103,988 times
Anywhere in Michigan or Ohio.

Vertically, Cincinnati, seconded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City