Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2010, 01:06 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,698,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
It has already been shown that NY state is not on the same level as California and Texas. Only bitter NY'ers believe that NY is still up there...

At least you can be proud to be number 3 (until Florida passes you)

There is a difference between pride and arrogance....

Texas has the most pride followed by New Hampshire
It has been shown by whom? You? lol.

Why don't you enlighten us by telling us what is the difference between pride and arrogance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 10:59 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,102,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
It has been shown by whom? You? lol.

Why don't you enlighten us by telling us what is the difference between pride and arrogance?

We have already had polls and threads about this, about 90% of the responses had California #1 and Texas #2 with NY at #3

Nothing to ashamed of... NY is still #3 (no matter how mad that makes you)

Pride = Texas and arrogance = NY (NYC metro that is)... rest of the state is cool though

Old 01-31-2010, 11:03 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,328,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
....and you base this off an online forum, because we all know you've never been to the metro area.
Thank you.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:20 PM

2,023 posts, read 4,187,100 times
How did a thread about STATE pride turn into a thread about NYC

Old 01-31-2010, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
TN. Arguement over.
I'm surprised your the first one (I think) to say this. Tennessee is up there with Texas in state pride.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:22 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,328,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpmeads View Post
How did a thread about STATE pride turn into a thread about NYC
Exactly, I'm wondering the same thing.

On Topic: I think every state has pride, some states have residents that show it off more. Texas, New York, California, Florida, New Jersey, Georgia, Tennessee, etc.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Exactly, I'm wondering the same thing.

On Topic: I think every state has pride, some states have residents that show it off more. Texas, New York, California, Florida, New Jersey, Georgia, Tennessee, etc.
I know Hawaii is also known for have a lot of state pride, although three or the four ex-Hawaiians I've talked to hated living there. Isolated instances I guess.

Old 02-21-2010, 10:26 PM

161 posts, read 562,607 times
While you will find residents who take pride in their state all over, for me it is more about how you handle your pride.

I have been to all 50 states, and these are my conclusions.

States like Texas, Tennessee, New York and California may have a lot of pride, but overall they are welcoming and want to share what they have. I have faced many possible job transfers, and I can honestly say Texas is the only state where I repeatedly heard people say "I hope you get to move here".

Other states come across as "we know we're better than others" and "you're not worthy of our state since you're not a native" States that come to mind are Montana, Wyoming, and Minnesota. I have found these places to think their lifestyles and values are superior in some way, and resent outsiders withpout giving them a chance. Often, the natives try to discourage someone who shows interest in moving there, sometimes by pointing out negatives like the weather. You just get the feeling they are really saying "I really hope you don't move here"

Old 02-22-2010, 07:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,331 times
@nyrican, well if you love NY and being puerto rican then you should get yourself one of these shirts.

haha

[url=http://www.zazzle.com/ny_new_york_driver_license_shirt-235290631050249294]NY New York driver license shirt from Zazzle.com[/url]

[url=http://www.zazzle.com/pr_puerto_rico_driver_license_shirt-235456635255239952]PR Puerto Rico DRIVER LICENSE SHIRT from Zazzle.com[/url]

Old 03-05-2010, 12:38 AM

2,347 posts, read 2,784,244 times
Texas and New Jersey. Every person I've met from either managed to work into our conversation how great each one was, respectively.
As a good Bay Stater, I nodded politely, and thought to myself, "thank God they're not from here."
take pride in where you're from, I do, but I don't shove down throats. My beliefs are not yours, especially when Mass and Texas are on opposites ends of the spectrum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City