Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 11:31 AM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,732,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffknight918 View Post

Nice response. You really made yourself look good there. Especially with saying DC isn't a state. Guess what though, NYC isn't either. haha Im done with you since it's a waste of time.

By the way... thanks for all of the rep points everyone. Never got so many so fast. haha
i'm glad that you're done.

but i have pride in my state, which is what i explained in my last post. i have pride in my city, my state and my region... but yes, i definitely have pride in my state. do you have pride in yours? oh yeah, thats right. i forgot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 11:32 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,361,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
he comes off as having an inferiority complex for attempting to make the thread about two individuals talking about how ppl from ny have a lot of state pride.

instead of talking about his...commonwealth... and the pride that the ppl that live there have, he chose to focus on two ppl from nyc and how much pride we have.

he chose to have his lip poked out because of how much pride *we* have in our city and state.

thats a personal issue and yes, it comes across as an inferiority complex.

truthfully, i fully expected you and a cosigner, usually machiavelli1, to cheer lead anything against nyc as you normally do.

its typical.

hellyoutalmbout, mane?
thats ya'lls hero down derr mane. that boy gucci, namtambout?
The two individuals in question will stop at nothing to boost their overrated city at the expense of everywhere else. Add in a dash of arrogance, and it's a pretty ugly package.

It's grown beyond obnoxious, it's downright sickening to a lot of people.

Old 01-30-2010, 11:33 AM
eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
The two individuals in question will stop at nothing to boost their overrated city at the expense of everywhere else. Add in a dash of arrogance, and it's a pretty ugly package.

It's grown beyond obnoxious, it's downright sickening to a lot of people.
and every thread about nyc has a post with you and the same three or four other ppl talking negatively about nyc.

its downright sickening to us.

1,346 posts, read 4,213,967 times
Quote:
he comes off as having an inferiority complex for attempting to make the thread about two individuals talking about how ppl from ny have a lot of state pride.

instead of talking about his...commonwealth... and the pride that the ppl that live there have, he chose to focus on two ppl from nyc and how much pride we have.
State pride? You've got to be kidding me. You just put down a fellow New Yorker because he's not from NYC. Stop contradicting yourself. Also it has nothing to do with this thread. You guys do it in every thread.

And no one backed me up for putting down NYC because I DIDN'T put it down. For the millionth time, I love NYC. A few people on here are an exception though.

Once again though, real mature response with the last line. DC isn't a state so I can't have pride. Good one. Even funnier if you say it a third time I bet.

4,230 posts, read 10,484,556 times
New York (NYC has enough pride for the entire country)
Texas (Don't mess with Texas)
Louisiana
Pennsylvania (at least Philly)

Old 01-30-2010, 11:36 AM
eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffknight918 View Post
State pride? You've got to be kidding me. You just put down a fellow New Yorker because he's not from NYC. Stop contradicting yourself. Also it has nothing to do with this thread. You guys do it in every thread.
i know you're not talking about reluctantgardenstater??

thats new jersey...so what are you talking about? and i'm correct, he shows no pride whatsoever toward the north. period. every chance he has he's tearing us down.

*shrugs*

Old 01-30-2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
and every thread about nyc has a post with you and the same three or four other ppl talking negatively about nyc.

Straight-up BS.

I don't have a problem with New York.

I DO have a problem with loud-mouthed braggarts that belittle other places to boost their own sense of self worth.

Hardly the same thing.

Old 01-30-2010, 11:56 AM

23,464 posts, read 44,074,708 times
Quote:

When has john disparaged NYC? Having lived there, I would have noticed such commentary by now. On the contrary, he is quite supportive of the city. Some the NYC posters are another matter entirely.
You really seem to be grasping at straws now.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:03 PM
eek

yeah ok.

look, the thread is already derailed and i'm not gonna contribute to that further by posting examples of how he has.

this thread was supposed to be about state pride.
i guess its only meant for ppl not from ny and particularly nyc, like a lot of these other threads seem to be.

so proceed. i already demonstrated the pride i have in my city and state. i love debating but this is too far off topic (for too long) and it will get us suspended/banned for a few days and the thread closed if we continue.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
When has john disparaged NYC? Having lived there, I would have noticed such commentary by now. On the contrary, he is quite supportive of the city. Some the NYC posters are another matter entirely.
You really seem to be grasping at straws now.
Thanks, sweetie!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City