Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 02:23 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,407,878 times

Advertisements

Definitely Texas. Texans seem to have an overwhelming admiration for all things Texas, whether good or bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 09:50 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Colorado; Washington; Oregon

Old 01-28-2010, 09:56 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,728,847 times
there's more pride in this one city in ny than most, if not all states.

nyc. forget the state, we have the whole region on our backs, pretty much.

even if you meet a person that left nyc 50 years ago, they're still repping nyc no matter where they are in the world, guaranteed. only ppl with more pride are prolly puerto ricans living abroad lol.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:05 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,636,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
there's more pride in this one city in ny than most, if not all states.

nyc. forget the state, we have the whole region on our backs, pretty much.

even if you meet a person that left nyc 50 years ago, they're still repping nyc no matter where they are in the world, guaranteed. only ppl with more pride are prolly puerto ricans living abroad lol.
Um...no.

If you put most residents of NYC on a plot of rich farmland, give them unlimited acres, and all the agricultural equipment they need, they would still starve to death. It's upstate NY that takes NYC, Albany, and all the yuppies in the Hudson Valley on their backs.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:11 PM

9,468 posts, read 10,794,806 times
Michigan used to have alot of state pride. People would brag about the great lakes, the woods and how tough the winters are. Heck some even took pride in Detoilet at one time. Nowadays no one likes it here at all. Doom gloom and misery is all that exist here. Seems like the only ones doing well now are the people who drive moving vans. I think this whole state needs prozak.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:21 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,728,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
Um...no.

If you put most residents of NYC on a plot of rich farmland, give them unlimited acres, and all the agricultural equipment they need, they would still starve to death. It's upstate NY that takes NYC, Albany, and all the yuppies in the Hudson Valley on their backs.
you don't even have pride in the north at all. you don't respect northerners period.

so you aren't qualified to really speak about a northerner's pride in their state and/or region.

with that said, without nyc, nys is just another state. it'd be rhode island/ct/nh or something. nobody would care. no money, no nothing. just another state.
we generate the money.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:23 PM

2,250 posts, read 1,395,280 times
I honestly don't think there is one state that has people with more pride than another. Yes, there are some states that would easily come to mind but it is like asking the question 'Which sports team has the best fans?' It is an answer that can't easily or truthfully be answered, there will always be someone who doesn't agree.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:26 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,636,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
you don't even have pride in the north at all. you don't respect northerners period.

so you aren't qualified to really speak about a northerner's pride in their state and/or region.

with that said, without nyc, nys is just another state. it'd be rhode island/ct/nh or something. nobody would care. no money, no nothing. just another state.
we generate the money.
Woah, let's step back.

Who's to say what pride really is and how do you know that I have no pride? You seem to be making some stuff up as you go along.

There's nothing wrong with being "just another state". Every state has something to offer, not just in their big cities, but in their towns and rural areas as well. I would much rather live in rural New Hampshire than anywhere in NYC or the NYC metro (sigh...)

Old 01-29-2010, 08:18 AM

5,984 posts, read 13,407,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Michigan used to have alot of state pride. People would brag about the great lakes, the woods and how tough the winters are. Heck some even took pride in Detoilet at one time. Nowadays no one likes it here at all. Doom gloom and misery is all that exist here. Seems like the only ones doing well now are the people who drive moving vans. I think this whole state needs prozak.
I notice the same thing. Michiganders seem to hate Michigan. We have a lot to be proud of: Our lakes, woods, cities, industry, friendly people. I can say that I'm still very proud to be a Michigander.

I LOVE MICHIGAN!!!!!!!!

Old 01-29-2010, 02:04 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,809,153 times
Texas
New York
New Jersey
Michigan
California/Pennsylvania
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City