Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2009, 07:19 PM

44 posts, read 85,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Aight so check it. New jerseyans seem to have the idea that only manhattan is worth anything in nyc and all the other boroughs are fly-over.
it's not just "new jerseyans"... people from other states who visit nyc go to manhattan. nobody gives a crap about astoria or bedstuy or any other rat hole in ny other than manhattan lol

Old 12-27-2009, 07:34 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,933,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngchamp View Post
it's not just "new jerseyans"... people from other states who visit nyc go to manhattan. nobody gives a crap about astoria or bedstuy or any other rat hole in ny other than manhattan lol

uh, why are you lumping Astoria and Bed-stuy together? Astoria is the most popular neighborhood in Queens, and one of the most popular in the outer-boroughs.

Old 12-27-2009, 07:39 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,090,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronx_kidd View Post
Own em bperone... I'm an advocate for ppl movin out of this hell hole... The ny ppl see on tv is manhattan thas the only borough that matters
lol. Like i said in the other thread- "You cant be from New York" I mean every thread u manage to embarass the city. Its like chinese water torture. No true new yorker would whisper the things you post on theses forums.

And to young champ. Millions visit the boroughs each year in tourism. And millions live in the borough. The boroughs on their own can take on small cities idk why ppl got this twisted. It mainly stems from jealousy. Where are you from btw?

EDIT-And i like to add. Most people saying no one visits the boroughs, almost all the time come from STATES or CITIES that no one wants to visit

Old 12-27-2009, 07:44 PM

ur trippin thinkin a family from colorado or north dakota gona be plannin a vacation and gona really consider goin to "staten island" or "queens"... people go to nyc to gawk at the big buildings, visit times square, random museums and the statue of liberty.. and all of the above aside from the statue can be found in manhattan. what does the bronx have that would make people travel thousands of miles to see? or queens? my friend lives in queens, and every time she gota do some shopping, or wants to go out to clubs or to dinner, she's always in manhattan. ive driven thru random parts of queens, like forest hills, jamaica, elmhurst... u think people wana go to these places? lol. manhattan > rest of new york

Old 12-27-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngchamp View Post
ur trippin thinkin a family from colorado or north dakota gona be plannin a vacation and gona really consider goin to "staten island" or "queens"... people go to nyc to gawk at the big buildings, visit times square, random museums and the statue of liberty.. and all of the above aside from the statue can be found in manhattan. what does the bronx have that would make people travel thousands of miles to see? or queens? my friend lives in queens, and every time she gota do some shopping, or wants to go out to clubs or to dinner, she's always in manhattan. ive driven thru random parts of queens, like forest hills, jamaica, elmhurst... u think people wana go to these places? lol. manhattan > rest of new york
Your talking this that and the third and still didnt say where your from. I could get all ya information from that alone for obvious reasons.

Never said ppl plan whole trips just to see brooklyn. Im just saying there are enough attractions in the boroughs that get millions of tourist each year, thus you cant come at the boroughs like they dont get it in on their own right. And everybody knows this, people need to stop hating. Theres die hard yankee fans that would trek from anywhere to see a game. Thats what the bronx has. Somebody might not want to go to forest hills. But Jamaica ave is a good shopping district along with fordham road. People from the tristate trek it to both.

The boroughs go hard. Brooklyn,bronx and queens would be top ten cities off population if they were there own cities. All with world class venues and better transportation than actual cities.

Ya need to fall back

Last edited by K.O.N.Y; 12-27-2009 at 08:57 PM..

Old 12-27-2009, 08:23 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,933,384 times
People usually see the outer-boroughs once they've been to Manhattan a few times and want to go off the beaten path. They usually are impressed once they go through the different boroughs. People go to Brooklyn all the time; mostly when they walk the bridge and stop in Brooklyn heights for pizza and see the brownstones and all. They go to the Bronx and Queens to see the Mets and Yankees, the Bronx for Arthur Ave's Little Italy, and to travel to random neighborhoods in Queens usually along the 7 line. It's known as the "international express". I used to live in Astoria, and definitely remember seeing tourists from time to time. They like to visit the nabe because it has the highest population of greeks in such a small concentrated area outside of Greece.

Old 12-27-2009, 09:57 PM

lol@ "where are u from" that is not pertinent to this conversation. i could be from moscow or baghdad and it wouldn't change the fact that nobody cares about brooklyn, bronx, queens or staten island when all the major attractions of "new york city" are found in manhattan
rockerfeller center, times square, wall street, central park, 5th avenue shopping, museums,central park zoo >>>> any "attractions" the other inferior boroughs offer. and this is coming from someone thats been outside of manhattan and realized everything sucks, as well as hearing it from people who live in queens and brooklyn who make it a habit of going to manhattan for anything important, from work to shopping to dining. and LOL@ jamaica avenue having a "good shopping district"... yea.. if you're a hoodrat. hahahahaha

Old 12-27-2009, 11:01 PM

It is. Lot of people come here and hate and dont even have a car in the race. Just dont be knowing wtf they be talking about, just talking. Most people who venture off to the other boroughs are suprised by how nice and vibrant they are.

Your not even from new york. Worry about what attractions ya city has to offer, if your even from a city(most likely not)

You cant put manhattan agaisnt other areas of its own city that just stupid. I as a new yorker know full well what manhattan has i dont need someone from west bubble 3000 miles away to make a list. The point is the boroughs have cultutre and world class institutions on their own and are more vibrant than some cities
. I know your lying because no one, especially someonee from brooklyn, would put their borrough down like that.

Brooklyn alone probably got more world class venues and people than your city. Small towners need to Stay in they place. Its laughable really. The boroughs are such monsters, they just dont know
I would hardly down the Yankees,bronx zoo and the ny botanical-thats the bronx

despite what you say, it still doesnt change the fact that the boroughs are populated by millions

Old 12-27-2009, 11:07 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,639,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
lol. Like i said in the other thread- "You cant be from New York" I mean every thread u manage to embarass the city. Its like chinese water torture. No true new yorker would whisper the things you post on theses forums.

And to young champ. Millions visit the boroughs each year in tourism. And millions live in the borough. The boroughs on their own can take on small cities idk why ppl got this twisted. It mainly stems from jealousy. Where are you from btw?

EDIT-And i like to add. Most people saying no one visits the boroughs, almost all the time come from STATES or CITIES that no one wants to visit
You post weak arguments.

Your premise that someone could not be from NY if they point out negative aspects of the city has been tried before by others and failed.

Millions do visit NYC each year and the vast majority will not leave Manhattan.

You may be deluded to that fact but there is no way around it.

Claims of jealousy-the other weak argument.

Please explain the relation of a posters location and the fact that the majority visiting the city are going to Manhattan not the Bronx or other boroughs. I don't get the correlation.

Old 12-27-2009, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
You post weak arguments.

Your premise that someone could not be from NY if they point out negative aspects of the city has been tried before by others and failed.

Millions do visit NYC each year and the vast majority will not leave Manhattan.

You may be deluded to that fact but there is no way around it.

Claims of jealousy-the other weak argument.

Please explain the relation of a posters location and the fact that the majority visiting the city are going to Manhattan not the Bronx or other boroughs. I don't get the correlation.
1)The stuff that bronx kidd says is not common, neither in the city or on this board. Complaining about your borough or city is one thing. But downing new york in favor of california is blasphemy, period. No true new yorker would do that i dont care what anybody says

2) A vast majority i'll give you that, manhattan is a part of my city im not going to get mad if somebody says that. It still doesnt stop the fact however that the boroughs get MILLIONS Of tourist each year. All have world class venues that MILLIONS visit each year. And each have a population of MILLIONs. So of course manhattan gets the lionshare of attention i know this, im just saying the boroughs aint no push over either. What part of this we're not seeming to understand

3) I just was curious thats all. U got ppl from west bubble who hate on nyc. Not saying thats the case here, im just curious. Half ya dont even have a horse in the race, yet you quick to come in nyc threads
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City