Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2020, 04:13 PM

9,906 posts, read 6,617,073 times

Advertisements

I have the list ready, but before I post, my DFW and DC list are coming up a bit shorter than I personally expected. Not low by any means of course, but just seem to be a bit lower than I thought. If you see any brands that are missing from the list (pg 22), let me know. I'll post it in a bit anyway.

Dallas/Fort Worth (45)
-Akris
-Alexander McQueen
-Balenciaga
-Botega Venetta
-Brunelo Cucinelli
-Burberry (2)
-Bulgari
-Canali
-CELINE
-Cartier
-Chanel
-Christofl
-Christian Louboutin
-David Yurman
-Dior
-Dolce & Gabbana
-Etro
-Fendi
-Golden Goose
-Goyar
-Gucci (2)
-Harry Winston
-Hermes
-Hublot
-Isabel Morant
-Jimmy Choo
-Loro Piana
-Louis Vuitton (3) (also Men's boutique)
-Maje
-Montblanc
-Omega
-Panerai
-Rimowa (2)
-Rolex (coming soon)
-Saint Bernard
-Salvatore Ferragamo
-Sandro Paris
-Tag Huer
-Tiffany (3)
-Tom Ford
-Valentino
-Versace
-Yves Saint Laurent
-Zegna
-Zimmermann

Washington DC (30)
-Botega Vanetta
-Brioni
-Breitling
-Brunelo Cucinelli
-Burberry (3)
-Bulgari
-Canali
-CELINE
-Cartier
-Chanel (additional location opening soon)
-Christofl
-David Yurman
-De Beers (inside Saks)
-Dior
-Giorgio Armani
-Golden Goose
-Gucci (2)
-Hermes
-Joie
-Loro Piana
-Louis Vuitton (2)
-Max Mara
-Moncler
-Montblanc
-Omega
-Salvatore Ferregamo (2)
-Tiffany (3)
-Versace
-Yves Saint Laurent
-Zadig & Voltaire
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2020, 04:23 PM

5,003 posts, read 5,989,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Prime CBD/downtown urban shopping, on foot? is probably in concentrated in NYC and Chicagi by far, followed by Miami, Boston, SF and to a lesser extent DC Philly and LA .
There is no way that LA is at the end of this list. Not with Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive. I know from previous posts that 90% of C-D claims that they have never heard of Rodeo Drive, but it exists nonetheless.

Old 12-13-2020, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I dont have to, 500+ retail stores within blocks of each other is massive for any downtown in the US, it's unheard of apart from 3-4(Boston is the only 1 im not sure about) CBDs at the most. For sure, NY, Chicago and SF, after that idk.

Yes but many of them are, including many high end flagships and Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom and Saks Fifth Avenue, all within steps from each other-literally.

Please do.
You have to qualify "retail stores" as I expect that LA's Fashion District has a higher concentration than any city outside NYC. Maybe even including NYC. It's not high end though.

Old 12-13-2020, 04:40 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,564,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Easy View Post
You have to qualify "retail stores" as I expect that LA's Fashion District has a higher concentration than any city outside NYC. Maybe even including NYC. It's not high end though.
I thought about that but I mean national and international brands.

Old 12-13-2020, 04:44 PM

Quote:
This. We are doing national and international brands. If we get to local brands, it becomes opinion what’s what and also hard to find all local high end boutiques across. Only two single location stores i included are Johnny Dang & Co and If&Co for their Celebrity clientele

Old 12-13-2020, 04:57 PM

Quote:
True. I guess that I shouldn't forget the thread title.

I think that I was triggered by the exclusion of LA as "traditional". There's probably just as much parking at Union Square in SF or Magnificent Mile in Chicago (haven't been but heard they have a lot) as there is in Beverly Hills/Rodeo Drive.

Old 12-13-2020, 05:04 PM

Quote:
True. I guess that I shouldn't forget the thread title.

I think that I was triggered by the exclusion of LA as "traditional". There's probably just as much parking at Union Square in SF or Magnificent Mile in Chicago (haven't been but heard they have a lot) as there is in Beverly Hills/Rodeo Drive.
Do you realize that celebrities particularly like Beverly Hills for not being a traditional CBD ultra dense shopping experience? Sure New York is great but you don’t have to be exactly like New York. LA is good for what it is. And Beverly Hills is a completely different ballgame as opposed to 5th Ave, Magnificwnt Mile. It’s LA, not NY2

Old 12-13-2020, 05:11 PM

21,658 posts, read 12,808,075 times
Quote:
There is no way that LA is at the end of this list. Not with Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive. I know from previous posts that 90% of C-D claims that they have never heard of Rodeo Drive, but it exists nonetheless.
It’s so drive and park though. Those areas exist they’re just not in downtown LA not are they as “urban”

Old 12-13-2020, 05:12 PM

21,658 posts, read 12,808,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Do you realize that celebrities particularly like Beverly Hills for not being a traditional CBD ultra dense shopping experience? Sure New York is great but you don’t have to be exactly like New York. LA is good for what it is. And Beverly Hills is a completely different ballgame as opposed to 5th Ave, Magnificwnt Mile. It’s LA, not NY2
Yea this is kind of what I was saying. It’s a different vibe and not the same rush.

Old 12-13-2020, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
It’s so drive and park though. Those areas exist they’re just not in downtown LA not are they as “urban”
I can't disagree, although Beverly Hills has two subway stops coming with the D line extension. One at La Cienega opens in 2023 and one at Rodeo Drive opens in 2025. The dynamic will change.

LA is late to the game, but this line is predicted to be the most ridden subway line in terms of riders per mile in the US outside of the NYC metro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City