Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2020, 12:34 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,132,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcresHomes44 View Post
Gangsters and criminals have taken over Chicago, and have had a stronghold on the city for decades. Unless the National Guard comes in and cleans house, expect more of the same there. Houston will never see Chicago's level of carnage because our laws are tougher, and citizens can legally carry, so the bad guys here know not to pull nothing.
Houston is still a dangerous city based on crime rates lol. Almost every American city is compared to Canadian and European cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2020, 12:40 PM

278 posts, read 140,346 times
Quote:
Gangsters and criminals have taken over Chicago, and have had a stronghold on the city for decades. Unless the National Guard comes in and cleans house, expect more of the same there. Houston will never see Chicago's level of carnage because our laws are tougher, and citizens can legally carry, so the bad guys here know not to pull nothing.
Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

Last edited by Yac; 06-08-2020 at 06:58 AM..

Old 06-02-2020, 01:27 PM

2,029 posts, read 2,360,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonae View Post
Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site
Plus one for you. Facts over fiction. So tired of fiction these days.

Last edited by Yac; 06-08-2020 at 06:58 AM..

Old 06-02-2020, 04:29 PM

593 posts, read 667,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyping View Post
Standouts for me are

- Indianapolis for its size especially at 83.
- Kansas City MO at 74 for its size.
- St Louis MO at 70 not really a surprise but still
- Jacksonville FL at 68 by population seems high.
- DC city limits are small
I’ve said this before a few years back and it failed to gain any traction so I’ll say it again. Jacksonville’s crime stats are off the wall. The only reason it’s not up there with St Louis and Baltimore is the city county consolidation. A majority of Jax’s violent crime happens inside the old city borders. If the consolidation hadn’t happened these crimes wouldn’t be watered down with literally hundreds of square miles of suburban neighborhoods and developments with little crime. Now don’t get me wrong, there are some areas such as Arlington and the lower west side which didn’t fall in the old city borders and do put up some decent numbers, but they don’t match the north and northwest numbers which do fall in the old borders. Now I’ve got myself curios, so at the end of this year I’ll crunch the numbers on what Jax’s murder count and rate would be if it hadn’t consolidated, and post it for all to see.

Old 06-02-2020, 06:26 PM

4,232 posts, read 2,456,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02blackgt View Post
I’ve said this before a few years back and it failed to gain any traction so I’ll say it again. Jacksonville’s crime stats are off the wall. The only reason it’s not up there with St Louis and Baltimore is the city county consolidation. A majority of Jax’s violent crime happens inside the old city borders. If the consolidation hadn’t happened these crimes wouldn’t be watered down with literally hundreds of square miles of suburban neighborhoods and developments with little crime. Now don’t get me wrong, there are some areas such as Arlington and the lower west side which didn’t fall in the old city borders and do put up some decent numbers, but they don’t match the north and northwest numbers which do fall in the old borders. Now I’ve got myself curios, so at the end of this year I’ll crunch the numbers on what Jax’s murder count and rate would be if it hadn’t consolidated, and post it for all to see.
Same could be said for KCMO and Indy.

Old 06-02-2020, 08:50 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,132,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Same could be said for KCMO and Indy.
What's sad about KCMO is that even with consolidation it still has an insanely high murder rate. Atlanta and KCMO have roughly the same population(Atlanta maybe like 10k more people), yet KC has over double the murders. KCMO is over 300 square miles and Atlanta is 130 square miles.

Old 06-03-2020, 01:13 AM

278 posts, read 140,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
What's sad about KCMO is that even with consolidation it still has an insanely high murder rate. Atlanta and KCMO have roughly the same population(Atlanta maybe like 10k more people), yet KC has over double the murders. KCMO is over 300 square miles and Atlanta is 130 square miles.
Kansas City? Or Kansas City Metro?

Old 06-03-2020, 01:59 AM

2,041 posts, read 1,521,983 times
Quote:
I don't understand. Hasn't Chicago been seeing less homicides every year since 2016? I expect it to continue to decline.

Old 06-03-2020, 07:48 AM

2,235 posts, read 1,118,540 times
Philadelphia now at 166, surpassing the 2007 mark at this time. We're in for a long year.

Old 06-03-2020, 08:08 AM

9,379 posts, read 9,331,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshbyQuin View Post
Philadelphia now at 166, surpassing the 2007 mark at this time. We're in for a long year.
Its already been a long year for everyone everywhere.

I do expect these numbers to subside a bit when things calm down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City