Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2020, 06:10 PM

2,235 posts, read 1,118,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDirte989 View Post
Uhh. Trap is from the US buddy boy. So does "drill". Only sub genre that is UK made is "grime"
I can see how you've came to that conclusion as I wasn't thorough, but no need for the quasi-aggressive diatribe. Odd how you've decided to respond to my comment in such manner, although, I think I know why. Nice "alt" account BTW if you are who I think you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2020, 07:25 PM

8 posts, read 5,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshbyQuin View Post
I can see how you've came to that conclusion as I wasn't thorough, but no need for the quasi-aggressive diatribe. Odd how you've decided to respond to my comment in such manner, although, I think I know why. Nice "alt" account BTW if you are who I think you are.
No "alt account" I am a first timer here. Just hitting you with fun facts.

Old 05-29-2020, 08:44 PM

21,629 posts, read 12,746,938 times
There’s no European or Canadian hip hop genre or artist that is even kind of intimidating or graphic compared to American drill. Not saying there’s not good music it’s just comes off as not as serious compared to american gang music. How’d we get so far here anyway.

As someone said earlier the UK created grime (And jungle and drum and bass). It has a drill scene and some great artists in general, but it’s by not as violent as the average American gang rap.

Old 05-29-2020, 09:13 PM

2,041 posts, read 1,521,983 times
PPD Officer is recovering after being shot in South Philly. Commissioner Danielle Outlaw is only a few months on the job and has already dealt with a cop killed, another shot, in addition to 150 homicides. Definitely a far cry from her last job in Portland.

Old 05-29-2020, 09:29 PM

2,235 posts, read 1,118,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoNgFooCj View Post
PPD Officer is recovering after being shot in South Philly. Commissioner Danielle Outlaw is only a few months on the job and has already dealt with a cop killed, another shot, in addition to 150 homicides. Definitely a far cry from her last job in Portland.
I read the article, I don't think it's in retaliation to George Floyds death. Good that he's pulling through. We're up to 151, 10 less than in 2007 which is often regarded as one of the deadliest years in the city. Chester is up to 19 I believe surpassing last years' total of 18 which was the lowest total since 2009.

Old 05-30-2020, 12:04 AM

832 posts, read 1,254,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
There’s no European or Canadian hip hop genre or artist that is even kind of intimidating or graphic compared to American drill.
Booba
Kaaris
Joey star (younger)
Lord kossity
gradur
Orosko raricim (I personally know him)
Medine
Seth Gueko

Old 05-30-2020, 01:38 AM

561 posts, read 514,117 times
Homicide #13 for Omaha in 2020. A man found slain early Friday morning.

Old 05-30-2020, 01:59 AM

2,041 posts, read 1,521,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshbyQuin View Post
I read the article, I don't think it's in retaliation to George Floyds death. Good that he's pulling through. We're up to 151, 10 less than in 2007 which is often regarded as one of the deadliest years in the city. Chester is up to 19 I believe surpassing last years' total of 18 which was the lowest total since 2009.
2007 was at most one of the deadliest years of this century. Between 1970 and 2000, 390 homicides in a year wasnt considered very bad at all and was somewhat below average. As for chester, the highest total since 2005 was 30 in 2014, according to citydata. If this year tops that, it will be at least a 15 year high.

Old 05-30-2020, 06:15 AM

12,161 posts, read 7,997,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayo2k View Post
Booba
Kaaris
Joey star (younger)
Lord kossity
gradur
Orosko raricim (I personally know him)
Medine
Seth Gueko
Who? Lol.

Old 05-30-2020, 09:02 AM

274 posts, read 173,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
There’s no European or Canadian hip hop genre or artist that is even kind of intimidating or graphic compared to American drill. Not saying there’s not good music it’s just comes off as not as serious compared to american gang music. How’d we get so far here anyway.

As someone said earlier the UK created grime (And jungle and drum and bass). It has a drill scene and some great artists in general, but it’s by not as violent as the average American gang rap.
I don't know if you follow Canada's Hip Hop scene, but there is actually some real raw talent in this country, the only rappers that have really made it mainstream in Canada is Drake and Tory Lanez, which I don't really like either, because they tend to bite a lot of styles. Most Canadians would list some of these as their favorite rappers.

Bizz Loc

Yung Lava (On the run for a murder charge)

Merkules

Robin Banks (Paralyzed)

Roney

Rascalz (90's group)

Saukrates

Maestro (One of first people in the Canadian Hip Hop scene, helped build it in the 80's and 90's)

Pengz

Bvlly (RIP)

Choclair

Houdini (RIP)

Northside Benji

Two Two

3MFrench

Smoke Dawg (RIP)

Tallup Twinz (RIP to one of them)

Lil Berete

We have a lot of underground talent, we just hardly make it into the mainstream. I don't know how it would compare to the American scene, but Canadians aren't trying to have the aggressive drill like Americans, they're two completely different styles of rap. I'd agree thought the American style of rap is more aggressive than Europe or Canada's, but they're all different types of style, a lot of the European and Canadian rap is purposely nonchalant in it's execution, while Americans tend to be more in your face to the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City