Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2016, 05:40 AM

37,882 posts, read 41,980,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATXM&M View Post
From a native Dallasite living in Atlanta- Atlanta gets the edge for the 30 and under crowd focused on the entertainment and party scene. DFW blows Atlanta away if you are career and family oriented due to better infrastructure, amenities, housing, larger corporate presence, GDP and K-12 schools.
Atlanta also has the edge when it comes to 30+ Black professionals since it's so many more of them in Atlanta. Dallas definitely strikes me as a lot more family-oriented though, can't argue with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2016, 05:41 AM

4,010 posts, read 3,754,495 times
Quote:
From a native Dallasite living in Atlanta- Atlanta gets the edge for the 30 and under crowd focused on the entertainment and party scene. DFW blows Atlanta away if you are career and family oriented due to better infrastructure, amenities, housing, larger corporate presence, GDP and K-12 schools.
Every city has positive and negatives. Atlanta blows Dallas out the water with better topography, closer to better cities, more direct flights, lower city taxes and lower property taxes, more crazy weather, Atlanta has more entertainment, etc and Dallas has more jobs and more highways with help move traffic better. Dallas is more of a place to move to because of a job opportunity and thats it. I definitely disagree about Dallas having better amenties but im not on here to go back and forth on facts

Last edited by fieldm; 02-20-2016 at 06:35 AM..

Old 02-20-2016, 06:45 AM

4,010 posts, read 3,754,495 times
Quote:
Celebration Bowl===SWAC Championship (no difference)
TSU Homecoming>>>CAU Homecoming (I found it to be ok not impressed)
PV Homecoming>>>Spelhouse Homecoming (Rated one of the best hbcu homecomings in the nation and it was awesome)
Lol

Waste of time going back and forth its like arguing with Trump supporter. Its making the Atlanta brand look bad by comparing us to Dallas but I will let yall be a legend in your own mind if you want that

Old 02-20-2016, 07:31 AM

20,516 posts, read 33,556,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
Every city has positive and negatives. Atlanta blows Dallas out the water with better topography, closer to better cities, more direct flights, lower city taxes and lower property taxes, more crazy weather, Atlanta has more entertainment, etc and Dallas has more jobs and more highways with help move traffic better. Dallas is more of a place to move to because of a job opportunity and thats it. I definitely disagree about Dallas having better amenties but im not on here to go back and forth on facts
Lol you act like Atlanta is NYC here or something. Do not agree that Atlanta has more entertainment. They are tied in this department.

Old 02-20-2016, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
Bad example. Lol

Montgomery is mostly black and has an HBCU.
Ok and yet Dallas romps Montgomery though.

Old 02-20-2016, 11:36 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,786,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
So in your opinion if Houston nightlife is the same as Atlanta then is it the same as LA, Vegas, Miami, NY, New Orleans,etc since you are just judging nightlife by much low standards?
I thought you were done? lol

Old 02-20-2016, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Ok and yet Dallas romps Montgomery though.
Of course, Dallas is much better.

Montgomery, even though much smaller, still has way more AA offerings and culture per square mile. Again, that was a bad example. LOL

Old 02-20-2016, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
Of course, Dallas is much better.

Montgomery, even though much smaller, still has way more AA offerings and culture per square mile. Again, that was a bad example. LOL
Going by that logic, Montgomery has more Black American offerings and culture per sq mile than Atlanta, DC, Chicago, and NYC as well since Montgomery by percentage is actually blacker than those cities. Not sure what point you tried to make with that. That still doesn't change that DFW, a metro of over 7 million and a black population nearing 1.2 million people and growing fast, is some how devoid of anything to do.

Last edited by Spade; 02-20-2016 at 12:43 PM..

Old 02-20-2016, 01:21 PM

408 posts, read 581,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post
Just living in Atlanta is like attending a daily big black event. It's so Blackalicious here. Also, Atlanta isn't just a significantly black metro, it's located in a significantly black state, within a significantly black region.

Houston has it's cute events etc.. Atlanta's the black belt homie.
Spot on! From a new resident living here is one big event, or formation of blacks in a sense. Houston is an explosive melting pot, with a black pop that gives it enough options to be a far distant runner up.

Old 02-20-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Going by that logic, Montgomery has more Black American offerings and culture per sq mile than Atlanta, DC, Chicago, and NYC as well since Montgomery by percentage is actually blacker than those cities. Not sure what point you tried to make with that. That still doesn't change that DFW, a metro of over 7 million and a black population nearing 1.2 million people and growing fast, is some how devoid of anything to do.
Montgomery has a few things that DFW doesn't, which makes a black person's experience a little different. IMO, I still think Montgomery is bad example.

Personally, I've never said anything bad about DFW. I always ask about it because I see on blogs, Lipstick Alley, and other sources and hear DFW blacks in Houston say DFW is not as black as Houston and is not for a black person. Those infamous articles and their respective comments say the same thing. My homeboy has family that lives there, and they say DFW has no blacks. It's confusing because you and others on here say otherwise, which no one can deny because that's what y'all experience.

Of course, when I went, I didn't see as nearly as many blacks as I would see overall in Houston. I went to Fort Worth Carrollton, Denton, Arlington, and the south suburbs. However, I didn't get to experience it like I preferred.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City