Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2016, 08:25 PM

1,564 posts, read 1,669,599 times

Advertisements

Never experienced that in Southern California Sir,Compton & Inglewood are still strong Black prideful Cities.South Los Angeles was once the center of Black Jazz culture back in the days.

Leimert park is also a Black cultural community.I dont know where in Los Angeles you experienced this Giraffe.

Just recently, Black protesters were arrested because they shut down the 405 in Los Angeles over Injustices across the country.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...363443771.html

But let's not ruin this topic please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2016, 10:14 PM

2,995 posts, read 3,099,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Blacks in California are so damaged, psychologically, it's really sad.

They may appear black,but they don't seem to know they're black.

I would not recommend any black live in CA outside the bay area if you're a socially conscious black or believe in black pride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Lots of blacks in California don't stand up for blackness and live in some fantasy delusional world where color doesn't exist and racism is dead.

A white can come up to them and call them porch monkey to their face and they'll laugh it off and be like "You're hilarious bruh"

What's going on California is what happens when yopu become too progressive. No one cares about anything except eating grass and free bleeding.
A lot of people are going to play coy or act dumb and offended by what you are saying, blkgiraffe, but I know EXACTLY what you mean.

If it wasn't so sad, it would almost be hilarious, but never have I met as many black people as I have from California who can be as black as coal but will go buy an expensive weave or some colored contacts and then try to make you (and themselves!) believe that they are "not black" but are instead "mixed" with white, Mexican, Filipino, Samoan, and about 12 other different races and ethnicities. Especially those from SoCal.

I guess it's the Hollywood factor, and the fact that it's so diverse and "liberal." If it wasn't so sad, it would almost be hilarious.

Also, a lot of black folks in Cali---especially the men---LOVE to date and marry non-black. You will see many black/white, black/Asian or Pacific Islander, black/Hispanic, and many other black/other combinations in Cali, but couples with two black people are harder to find in most of California than they are probably in any other state or region that has a significant black population.

Of course this mindset doesn't apply to EVERY black person from Cali, but there are way too many that it does apply to. I'm glad somebody spoke up about this mindset that so many black people in California seem to have these days.

Old 01-14-2016, 10:25 PM

2,322 posts, read 2,990,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentallect View Post
A lot of people are going to play coy or act dumb and offended by what you are saying, blkgiraffe, but I know EXACTLY what you mean.

If it wasn't so sad, it would almost be hilarious, but never have I met as many black people as I have from California who can be as black as coal but will go buy an expensive weave or some colored contacts and then try to make you (and themselves!) believe that they are "not black" but are instead "mixed" with white, Mexican, Filipino, Samoan, and about 12 other different races and ethnicities. Especially those from SoCal.

I guess it's the Hollywood factor, and the fact that it's so diverse and "liberal." If it wasn't so sad, it would almost be hilarious.

Also, a lot of black folks in Cali---especially the men---LOVE to date and marry non-black. You will see many black/white, black/Asian or Pacific Islander, black/Hispanic, and many other black/other combinations in Cali, but couples with two black people are harder to find in most of California than they are probably in any other state or region that has a significant black population.

Of course this mindset doesn't apply to EVERY black person from Cali, but there are way too many that it does apply to. I'm glad somebody spoke up about this mindset that so many black people in California seem to have these days.
Y'all really got to stop speaking of things you have no clue about. Listen to how you speak TO YOUR OWN PEOPLE! Even successful black people! LOL...Its so twisted.

Last edited by jamills21; 01-14-2016 at 10:51 PM..

Old 01-14-2016, 10:34 PM

California is like a 40 million plus populated state,It's really a melting pot so your gonna see all kinds of ethnicities & interracial relationships.

California is 5th in the nation when it comes to Black Population,So you cant judge all California Blacks off of a few of them.

Old 01-14-2016, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
California is like a 40 million plus populated state,It's really a melting pot so your gonna see all kinds of ethnicities & interracial relationships.

California is 5th in the nation when it comes to Black Population,So you cant judge all California Blacks off of a few of them.
People just really like to exaggerate. It's like how people think ATL or NO is new Hollywood. People only want to believe want they want and don't look at the facts. And fact is, CA has some of the most prosperous AA communities in the country to this day: 2016. Yet, We are suddenly not holding on to AA values? Not black? Do we talk too white? are we too friendly to Hispanics? to Asians? to whites? I'm sorry, but I like genuine people regardless of race and I will not be pigeonholed by anybody to act a certain way. So, I guess I'm going to have to dab and take care of the son of my Hispanic next door neighbor. I'll stay weird and rep--- whatever.

Last edited by jamills21; 01-14-2016 at 11:36 PM..

Old 01-14-2016, 11:24 PM

Perfectly said jamills21.

Old 01-14-2016, 11:58 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,128,454 times
I'm pretty sure I saw a stat that interracial marriage in the west for blacks is like 37% while in the South, it's like 12%. I'm not saying it's bad, but you kind of get an idea of how things are going there for the black community.

And if L.A. is so great for blacks, why isn't there a huge inflow of blacks from other regions like Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, and Charlotte get? Hell, I'm a child of parents who moved away from the LA area in the last 20 years.

Old 01-15-2016, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
I'm pretty sure I saw a stat that interracial marriage in the west for blacks is like 37% while in the South, it's like 12%. I'm not saying it's bad, but you kind of get an idea of how things are going there for the black community.

And if L.A. is so great for blacks, why isn't there a huge inflow of blacks from other regions like Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, and Charlotte get?
cause its an expensive place? Why don't any of those cities have wealthier black people than LA?...ATL included. Your grasping at straws and have no grip.

Old 01-15-2016, 12:04 AM

7,132 posts, read 9,128,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamills21 View Post
cause its an expensive place? Why don't any of those cities have wealthier black people than LA?...ATL included. Your grasping at straws and have no grip.
If having wealthier black people were so important, then why isn't the black population exploding? Why is the percentage of black owned business proportionate to their population so dismal?

Old 01-15-2016, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
If having wealthier black people were so important, then why isn't the black population exploding? Why is the percentage of black owned business proportionate to their population so dismal?
your looking at it the wrong way. How large was the growth in general of LA compared to ATL. LA grew much more substantially compared to ATL with the influx of Hispanic and Asian residences.

I do not want to compare ATL blacks to LA blacks because obviously ATL is a great place for blacks. But OPs original statement is that you cannot advise any black person to live in CA outside of the Bay is ridiculous.

This is not about ATL(or etc.) or the growth of black population. This is about educational attainment and black success which you cannot deny. Your parents moving from LA does not change that fact. There are numerous stats on this thread that LA has a very large number of professional blacks. More than places like Houston, Dallas, Philadelphia, Miami, and even Chicago in some categories.

Last edited by jamills21; 01-15-2016 at 12:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City