Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2016, 05:41 AM

2,995 posts, read 3,099,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
There isa reason why blacks are leaving California.

The strong sense of black pride and community that once existed in California is quickly dying.

Houston is headed that way too. If it gets anymore ignorant, I'm heading east. Possibly DMV area.

I don't want to live in a place where my blackness is ignored or put on the backburner.
Oh no!!! Not Houston, Texas, the city that black Houston boosters endlessly and tirelessly tout here on City-Data as if it's ATL/Black Mecca 2.0!!!!

I would be interested to see how your statement would go over with them on the Texas forums...lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2016, 06:12 AM

20,512 posts, read 33,513,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentallect View Post
Oh no!!! Not Houston, Texas, the city that black Houston boosters endlessly and tirelessly tout here on City-Data as if it's ATL/Black Mecca 2.0!!!!

I would be interested to see how your statement would go over with them on the Texas forums...lol.
Really it's only one poster doing that and he's from Alabama originally.

Old 01-15-2016, 07:21 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,767,122 times
Quote:
There isa reason why blacks are leaving California.

The strong sense of black pride and community that once existed in California is quickly dying.

Houston is headed that way too. If it gets anymore ignorant, I'm heading east. Possibly DMV area.

I don't want to live in a place where my blackness is ignored or put on the backburner.
What are YOU talking about?

Old 01-15-2016, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Really it's only one poster doing that and he's from Alabama originally.
Don't call me out.

That had absolutely nothing to do with you.

Old 01-15-2016, 07:24 AM

20,512 posts, read 33,513,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
Don't call me out.

That had absolutely nothing to do with you.
I see that the shoe fits.

Old 01-15-2016, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Never said it wasn't, but it's slowly becoming California. Atlanta is probably the only city I can say is doing it right in terms of diversifying but empowering black people.

I know blacks in the DMV are being pushed away from the core. Living in suburban wastelands with no economic power, public transportation nor culture is not what I consider to be an ideal place for a black person.

Integration and progressiveness fails when blacks aren't benefiting from it. Moving into our neighborhoods and destroying our communities while we're pushed out to some far flung suburb only to revert back to being poverty stricken and living in crime ridden areas.
Blacks in DC and Atlanta are being pushed out as well. Gentrification is the cause of all of this. Metro DC's black percentage has been decreasing, while Houston's has been increasing.

Now that I think about it, I do understand where you are coming from about us being pushed out, but sadly, that's happening almost everywhere. Hopefully, now that Houston has a black mayor, such things won't happen at a large scale. Parts of Third Ward near Grooves and north of Wheeler can stand a makeover though but with us included, BTW.

Old 01-15-2016, 07:39 AM

3,092 posts, read 4,966,877 times
I'm surprised to hear about so many interracial relationships in cali. I was under the impression that Blacks and Hispanics out there HATED each other and that Asians hated both.

I was honestly expecting that type of tension would make Cali blacks "more black" so to speak.

Last edited by UTHORNS96; 01-15-2016 at 07:50 AM..

Old 01-15-2016, 07:47 AM

2,322 posts, read 2,990,420 times
wow....smh. As a person who has actually lived in "Black Mecca" ATL. Y'all make no damn sense. Attacking your fellow man and thinking that they are "damaged". SMH. You think people would be proud of black success.

Old 01-15-2016, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamills21 View Post
wow....smh. As a person who has actually lived in a "Black Mecca" ATL. Y'all make no damn sense .
What do you mean?

Old 01-15-2016, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
I'm surprised to hear about so many interracial relationships in cali. I was under the impression that Blacks and Hispanics out there HATED each other and that Asians hated both.
I think the relationship has gotten better.

I don't see interracial dating as a bad thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City