Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Boston vs LA
Boston 189 41.45%
Los Angeles 267 58.55%
Voters: 456. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 09:18 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,472,270 times

Advertisements

I've never heard of a Boston/LA rivalry either, aside from basketball occasionally. Boston and LA are too busy being rivals with NYC and SF respectively for there to big a very huge rivalry with each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 09:26 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,890,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
Wow. Way to counter his ignorant generalization with an even dumber, more played out stereotype.
To be fair, he was responding to the notion that L.A. women are more attractive than Boston women. Such a notion is just as subjective and filled with stereotype as his rejoinder. I find there are incredibly beautiful and sexy women in large percentages in both places, but there are also women in both who play more to the stereotype. It is a nonsense point, not worthy of discussion in this thread.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:30 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,239,989 times
I find the LA area to be fascinating but to a history buff like me I have to go with Boston. Plus I think I would like and fit in better in the Boston area then in the LA area. Some of the Boston suburbs look like Currier and Ives towns and I especially like the northern towns toward Cape Ann.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:33 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,783,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
Oh good, more ignorance.

Yeah, Boston's not really a city either. Its just a glorified village like San Francisco. Oh and all Southerners are missing teeth and play the banjo, all homosexuals have AIDS and are contagious via the air, no women can drive, no white person can dance or fight, and the entire Northeast consists of blue collar Sicilians and Italians who talk like Tony Soprano and the cast of Jersey Shore.

You sure bring a quality element to discussions like these.
...And?...

I just spent 10 glorious days in LA and saw the best and worse of it. Have you been there? Have you at least seen a picture of it.

There isn't a rivalry between the two. LA is bigger, much bigger. Culturally and economically. I won't argue otherwise.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
To be fair, he was responding to the notion that L.A. women are more attractive than Boston women. Such a notion is just as subjective and filled with stereotype as his rejoinder. I find there are incredibly beautiful and sexy women in large percentages in both places, but there are also women in both who play more to the stereotype. It is a nonsense point, not worthy of discussion in this thread.
I'm well aware, which is why I said, "Way to counter his ignorant generalization with an even dumber, more played out stereotype." Both comments were idiotic and I acknowledged that. And I agree, both comments were not worthy of discussion in this thread.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
...And?...

I just spent 10 glorious days in LA and saw the best and worse of it. Have you been there? Have you at least seen a picture of it.

There isn't a rivalry between the two. LA is bigger, much bigger. Culturally and economically. I won't argue otherwise.
And what? You communicated like an ignoramus making broad moronic generalizations, and I called you on it. End of discussion.

But to answer your question, yes I have been to LA, several times. I've seen pictures too. I think like 5 of them maybe! What's your point?

Pretty LA women aren't any dumber than their East Coast counterparts or anywhere else, generally speaking, and to declare otherwise is idiotic. And what precisely do you feel LA is a "behemoth suburb" of? Its kind of the 2nd largest (population) city in the nation with the densest metro in the US. It may be spread out and sprawling, but only a moron would actually consider it a suburb.

And I don't know why you're telling me they have no rivalry. I already said as much a few posts back.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:55 AM

37,127 posts, read 39,357,090 times
I strongly associate LA with oral sex, so I think in the end I go with that. I think Boston is really nice though.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:17 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,269,487 times
There are very few parts of LA where I feel like I'm in a city. Being from the East Coast, LA truly feels like a big suburb to me.

But there are nice parts of LA, that are nice for a visit. I wouldn't choose to live there.

Overall, Boston offers a much better "city experience". LA offers a better beachy experience.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:50 AM

3,260 posts, read 8,760,563 times
Los Angeles

Old 06-24-2010, 01:07 PM

705 posts, read 1,660,861 times
lakers!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City