Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2010, 08:12 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,636,456 times

Advertisements

[quote=joeallcomm;14298983]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post

I knew you would like it. There is a lot of information on that site that is eye opening. You take care and God Bless Ilene
Thanks again, Joe.....I've bookmarked it!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 11:19 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,727,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Demons are teaching the love of Christ? Demons are teaching people to love their neighbors? Demons are teaching that the ONLY way to God is through Jesus Christ?

Yes, indeed. If they can quote scripture while adding a twist which ensures the doom of the listener, they are more than happy to quote it. Satan himself does it.

Old 05-23-2010, 12:34 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,544,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, indeed. If they can quote scripture while adding a twist which ensures the doom of the listener, they are more than happy to quote it. Satan himself does it.
How does loving your neighbor as yourself and loving God ensure doom? Don't you think you have stretched this as far as you can? When are you going to stop attributing what is of God (love) to satan? Isn't that the unforgivable sin? (Matt. 12:22-33)

Old 05-23-2010, 01:58 PM

11,903 posts, read 3,732,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
How does loving your neighbor as yourself and loving God ensure doom? Don't you think you have stretched this as far as you can? When are you going to stop attributing what is of God (love) to satan? Isn't that the unforgivable sin? (Matt. 12:22-33)
Hmm yes I believe it is

Old 05-23-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Nice spin, and EXACTLY what I am talking about. Thank you for proving my point. Is loving your neighbor the ONLY thing UR teaches? No, of course it is not, so why do you make it sound like that is what I was referring to??? URs teaches that EVERYONE will be saved whether or not they accept Christ as their saviour, and THAT, my friend, is that twist to the scripture which Satan uses and that is the reason why he doesn't mind quoting scripture. He is OK quoting it, as long as the need for accepting Christ is conveniently removed form the quotes.

Thanks again for proving my point.

Old 05-23-2010, 03:44 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,347,878 times
Quote:
Nice spin, and EXACTLY what I am talking about. Thank you for proving my point. Is loving your neighbor the ONLY thing UR teaches? No, of course it is not, so why do you make it sound like that is what I was referring to??? URs teaches that EVERYONE will be saved whether or not they accept Christ as their saviour, and THAT, my friend, is that twist to the scripture which Satan uses and that is the reason why he doesn't mind quoting scripture. He is OK quoting it, as long as the need for accepting Christ is conveniently removed form the quotes.

No it does not teach that at all , it teaches that everyone will eventually accept Christ as their Savior.

Spin this as much as you want but Jesus said "If i be lifted up i will draw all men unto me". One of the main reasons i reject orthodox christianity is that though it says it's by faith in his grace alone , it really believes it sought , found and drew itself to God , which we know the scriptures teach the opposite, even the narrow gate is believed to be found by some inbuilt gps system they possess(ignorant of the fact that it's the Holy Ghost)

Old 05-23-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:

URers teach that all are saved BECAUSE of God's love for ALL people....

LOL Love is the basis for UR's position... ETers position is that God only loves those who believe in him.

God does the saving and God is Love... therefore Love saves all people. That is what the URers believe... so my post stands correct.

How does loving your neighbor as yourself and loving God ensure doom?
You said UR's twisting ensures doom... did you not? And you said that it is satan that ensures doom through URers.. did you not?

Don't you think you have stretched this as far as you can? When are you going to stop attributing what is of God (love) to satan? Isn't that the unforgivable sin? (Matt. 12:22-33)

Are you not attributing to satan what is of God - UR (God saves all because God loves all.)

What part of UR do you ACTUALLY disagree with? The absence of fiery torture for the masses?

Old 05-23-2010, 04:04 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,905,229 times
Quote:
URs teaches that EVERYONE will be saved whether or not they accept Christ as their saviour...
I'll second Pcamps. It does not teach that at all. It says that all will turn to the LORD for savalation.

All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and
All the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee. For the kingdom is the LORD'S: and he is the governor among the nations.
All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship:
All they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and
None can keep alive his own soul.

Psalm 22:27-20

Old 05-23-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
ETers position is that God only loves those who believe in him.
Not true. He loves everyone, but will save only those who believe in Him. Those are His own rules, and therefore will not break them.

Old 05-23-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Not true. He loves everyone, but will save only those who believe in Him. Those are His own rules, and therefore will not break them.
Where is it said then that God loves everyone but wants many to burn forever anyway?

He made this rule? why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity