Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2010, 04:26 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,586,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
I'll second Pcamps. It does not teach that at all. It says that all will turn to the LORD for savalation.

All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and
All the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee. For the kingdom is the LORD'S: and he is the governor among the nations.
All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship:
All they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and
None can keep alive his own soul.

Psalm 22:27-20
"All they that go down to the dust shall bow before him"

All! Seemingly after death too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 05:33 PM

11,995 posts, read 3,846,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
"All they that go down to the dust shall bow before him"

All! Seemingly after death too!
Yes --- after death things do happen

Old 05-23-2010, 05:39 PM

76,959 posts, read 47,928,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
"All they that go down to the dust shall bow before him"!
Yes, at the judgement every head will bow and evey knee will bend. It will be a crude wake up for those who rejected Christ.

Old 05-23-2010, 06:18 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,565,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, at the judgement every head will bow and evey knee will bend. It will be a crude wake up for those who rejected Christ.
Not only crude, but after being judged the unbelievers will not go willingly.

Jesus said they will be "thrown into"...which implies a reluctance of the damned. Nobody goes to heaven or hell without being commanded to do so.
Jesus says to the righteous " 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father...' " Matthew 25:34

Jesus say to the wicked " 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.' " Matthew 25:41

" 'And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur...They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.' " Revelation 20:10
And who are the "them" that is being spoken about in "who deceived them" in Revelation 20:10

Answer: Matthew 25:41

Old 05-23-2010, 06:38 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,221,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Not only crude, but after being judged the unbelievers will not go willingly.

Jesus said they will be "thrown into"...which implies a reluctance of the damned. Nobody goes to heaven or hell without being commanded to do so.
Jesus says to the righteous " 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father...' " Matthew 25:34

Jesus say to the wicked " 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.' " Matthew 25:41

" 'And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur...They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.' " Revelation 20:10
And who are the "them" that is being spoken about in "who deceived them" in Revelation 20:10

Answer: Matthew 25:41

Yes, twinspin. They are being thrown. And what kind of "fire" are these
SPIRITS in?

Old 05-23-2010, 08:42 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,586,288 times
Quote:
Unfortunately upon seeing him they are made whole just like the woman who grabbed his robe and was healed. Kinda silly to deny someone right in front of you... I would laugh... But the Good News is that they will pledge allegiance to God. Whether you see it or not...and I hate this word- eventually all will be healed and made new.

Old 05-24-2010, 07:41 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,176,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Yeah, same one. I still fight for my beliefs tooth and nail, just not as a stubborn, ignorant, arrogant ETer. I never believed in my heart that hell was eternal and it turns it's not!! Jesus DOES have the truth, and the truth is He died for ALL, not some. The Bible says this about Jesus:

1 John 2:2
2He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 4:14
14And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.

The last days are here, and it has nothing to do with me learning the truth of UR. The deceit is in the belief of ET. My, how widespread it is. It's like a cancer....if you want to gauge the last days by the elect being deceived then they are here and have been here a while according to the amount of deceived ETers.
You still fight for your beliefs, yet wavered in them, to the point of changing them. You say you never believed in ET, yet went the way of Universalism? Hopefully, you are not done searching yet.

Cherry picking verses to make a doctrine is all Universalism is. Mankind has been doing this for centuries. Put it all together, from Genesis to Revelation.

Yes, the wicked shall be destroyed. The Word testifies of this. Over and over, and over. They are not somehow made new through the Fire of God. The Fire consumes, period.

I agree the deceit is in the doctrines. Of both ET and Universalism. Both are the extremes of what man wants. Et is the doctrine of control. Men have been using this control over the flocks for thousands of years. Universalism is the opposite. It is the doctrine of ANARCHY. Without control, Laws, or constraints. It tells the evil and wicked unrepentant that they shall be saved, eventually. So, wicked is, as wicked does.

Both are pleasing to the flesh, whichever side you sit on. One gives power, the other takes it. Neither are right. God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ have ALL the Power. Honoring the Father, while submission to the Son through a repentant heart gives the power of us TO them. Not that they didn't already have this power, but we submit willingly out of our Love FOR them, thereby giving ourselves TO them.

Universalism TAKES the power from us, and gives it to God, forcefully.
ET TAKES the power from us, and gives it to other men for dominance.

But, hey, just my take on my personal understanding of the Word.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:36 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,800,920 times
Quote:

If the people are going to be thrown into an everlasting torture pit(i.e the lake of fire for ever), why would they bow before him and confess Christ lord?

Seems to me like they would be raging and cursing his name even after they were thrown in the fire ...?

Old 05-24-2010, 08:46 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,678,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
You still fight for your beliefs, yet wavered in them, to the point of changing them. You say you never believed in ET, yet went the way of Universalism? Hopefully, you are not done searching yet.

Cherry picking verses to make a doctrine is all Universalism is. Mankind has been doing this for centuries. Put it all together, from Genesis to Revelation.

Yes, the wicked shall be destroyed. The Word testifies of this. Over and over, and over. They are not somehow made new through the Fire of God. The Fire consumes, period.

I agree the deceit is in the doctrines. Of both ET and Universalism. Both are the extremes of what man wants. Et is the doctrine of control. Men have been using this control over the flocks for thousands of years. Universalism is the opposite. It is the doctrine of ANARCHY. Without control, Laws, or constraints. It tells the evil and wicked unrepentant that they shall be saved, eventually. So, wicked is, as wicked does.

Both are pleasing to the flesh, whichever side you sit on. One gives power, the other takes it. Neither are right. God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ have ALL the Power. Honoring the Father, while submission to the Son through a repentant heart gives the power of us TO them. Not that they didn't already have this power, but we submit willingly out of our Love FOR them, thereby giving ourselves TO them.

Universalism TAKES the power from us, and gives it to God, forcefully.
ET TAKES the power from us, and gives it to other men for dominance.

But, hey, just my take on my personal understanding of the Word.
Hot, as long as I've been on this board you have been the most wishy-washy person I've ever seen in changing your belief system. I don't EVEN want to hear it. That's definitely the pot calling the kettle black and you yourself we're leaning towards UR at one point. Now you've decided to believe in annihilation......at least UR has scriptural support whereas annihilation has zero!!

You were headed in the right direction when you were investigating UR....I think you might need to go back and start all over again.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:07 AM

76,959 posts, read 47,928,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
If the people are going to be thrown into an everlasting torture pit(i.e the lake of fire for ever), why would they bow before him and confess Christ lord?
Why do murdereds do as they are told in a courtroom? Why do they sit when they are told to sit and stand when they are told to stand? Take that respect for authority and multiply it by a million, and you will undertstand why every knee will bend at the judgement.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 05-24-2010 at 10:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity