Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2010, 07:56 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,611,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
The Lord Jesus was sent here to DESTROY the works of the devil which is SIN. So HOW can Sin possibly have DOMINION forevermore? Once Christ is done SIN shall NOT exist - ANYWHERE. Yes NOT even in SINNERS!!!! GET IT???????

Come on now - why is this so hard to believe? Why must people think so irrationally about the Lord's Power and Purpose?
It is hard to believe because when I look around, I see sin everywhere. So, no, sin has not been destroyed. Not yet, anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 07:59 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,029,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is hard to believe because when I look around, I see sin everywhere. So, no, sin has not been destroyed. Not yet, anyway.
For the traditional hell preacher it NEVER gets destroyed. But with Universalist it eventually gets completely and utterly destroyed.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Dangerous? You are in more danger of being thrown out of the wedding and cannot demonstrate you will not. You can only make the claim "uh uh, it won't be me"

And the king can say, "get out" and then it will be over forever for you.
The King throws out non-believeres and hypocrites. The first round of invitations were for Jews, who rejected it, the second round was for gentiles, but if you have not accepted Christ (wear the dress) you will be tossed out.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:08 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,945,191 times
The man who was thrown out accepted the invitation and came. That is what you tell me to do.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I didn't quote anything out of context...the scriptures speak for themselves and they stand alone.
Whatever you say. I provided the context and the verses around the ones you licked, and they proved you wrong. There are none as blind as those who refuse to see.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
For the traditional hell preacher it NEVER gets destroyed. But with Universalist it eventually gets completely and utterly destroyed.
Then I guess I am not a traditional "hell preacher". The point was whether or not sin has been destroyed TODAY, and I said it has not. You chose to answer a question which was never asked.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:14 AM

Quote:
The man who was thrown out accepted the invitation and came. That is what you tell me to do.
Read my previous reply about who gets thrown out.

BTW, what did your reply have to do with my post? See below how people show up and think they are good to go, but the Lord tells them to go away. They are not wearing the dress.

See also Luke 13:22-27

Then Jesus went through the towns and villages, teaching as he made his way to Jerusalem. 23Someone asked him, "Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?"

He said to them, 24"Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, 'Sir, open the door for us.'

"But he will answer, 'I don't know you or where you come from.'

26"Then you will say, 'We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.'
27"But he will reply, 'I don't know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!'

Old 05-22-2010, 08:17 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,945,191 times
Quote:
Read my previous reply about who gets thrown out.

That is the problem, the man accepted and came and then he was thrown out.

What demonstrates acceptance and attendance are real, find out when you get there?

Old 05-22-2010, 08:22 AM

Quote:
That is the problem, the man accepted and came and then he was thrown out.

What demonstrates acceptance and attendance are real, find out when you get there?
Re-read my previous posts. I am not going to repeat what has already been said and/or play the bicker-game with you.

If you are not sure, then test yourself. That is the Biblical advide:

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test?

Old 05-22-2010, 08:51 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,029,552 times
Quote:
Then I guess I am not a traditional "hell preacher". The point was whether or not sin has been destroyed TODAY, and I said it has not. You chose to answer a question which was never asked.
If you were relating that to Universalist then that would be a diversion because Universalists understand that Sin is not destroyed Today. But again you give me course to state that eventually ALL Sin shall be destroyed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity