Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2010, 08:35 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,468,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Betsey, feel free to direct message me if you would like. If you are not comfortable talking about specific things, I don't mind talking via direct message. Just let me know.
peace,
sparrow
We can talk here......you never know whom we're reaching for the kingdom! Got nothing to hide! I'm going to stand for truth as long as I have breath in THIS BODY!! The truth being: Accept Christ TODAY! Tomorrow is not promised to anyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 08:40 PM

8,186 posts, read 6,995,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Which part of THE BIBLE do you not understand sparrow? ALL OF IT!! And no, not yelling, just making sure "you understand"!

Hi Betsey... Ok... I'm not sure how we can carry on a conversation here.
You have just said that I don't understand ALL of the bible.

I'm sorry I started this conversation.
I'm very dissapointed in the way I'm being treated here.

Peace to you Betsey.
Perhaps another day we can talk again.
But for now... it's going nowhere.

sparrow

Old 06-07-2010, 08:49 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,798,657 times
Quote:
Forget the darn analogy! You're "old enough" to know right from wrong............NO EXCUSES!! Let your conscience be your guide. But logic do say...if you can't swim and nobody comes along....YOU DIE! Common sense says: GRAB the line!!

Carry on if you must.............

Lets stay with the analogy for a minute ... I have one for you to think about as well, so long as we are on the whole rhetorical analogies thingy ...

So i go to the swimming pool and i get up on the high dive and decide to do a back flip, only when i'm coming down i smash my face against the diving board and fall like a rock into the water ...

The life Guard sees it happen, and simply throws a life jacket in where i was last seen splashing into the water, and then continues browse the internet on his/her brand new ipod.

Do you believe the life guard did his/her job? If i died because i was unconscious and unable swim up and grab the life jacket which he/she threw into the water, do you think the life Guard would be commended for his dutiful service as a savior and one who guards the lives of others, or fired and even sued for criminal negligence?

So if God is the savior of all people as the scriptures clearly teach, yet he refuses to jump in and save even those that are so deceived, as if they were completely unconscious of their situation spiritually, then i think he wouldn't be doing his Job very well ...

We cant save ourselves, only he can jump in and save us from ourselves.

Your idea of God might be the life guard who throws in the life jacket but refuses to get wet by jumping in to save me from my own mistakes ... However my idea of God is that he jumps in and does all the work for me because i am simply not able to do it for myself.

God bless ...

Old 06-07-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Hi Betsey... Ok... I'm not sure how we can carry on a conversation here.
You have just said that I don't understand ALL of the bible.

I'm sorry I started this conversation.
I'm very dissapointed in the way I'm being treated here.

Peace to you Betsey.
Perhaps another day we can talk again.
But for now... it's going nowhere.

sparrow
We carry on as we've been doing...you ask and I answer. Vice-versa. Now, you don't have to agree with me, nor I with you, but that too is okay, yes?

And I never said you don't understand ALL the bible, I said I BELIEVE ALL OF IT! Correct?

What are you sorry about? You never "started" anything, you CHOSE to answer for another person. Correct?

Someone's mistreating you? Perhaps your conscience? Where EXACTLY do you think this conversation was suppose to lead to? Me changing my stance from what the Bible said? NO! I'm not that easily led. You already know where I stand! I'm standing on the WORD OF GOD!

Again that being: Say yes TODAY! Why wait? Hey, you're going to be saved anyway right? Why wait to be saved and you can be saved TODAY!! SAY YES!!

Old 06-07-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Lets stay with the analogy for a minute ... I have one for you to think about as well, so long as we are on the whole rhetorical analogies thingy ...

So i go to the swimming pool and i get up on the high dive and decide to do a back flip, only when i'm coming down i smash my face against the diving board and fall like a rock into the water ...

The life Guard sees it happen, and simply throws a life jacket in where i was last seen splashing into the water, and then continues browse the internet on his/her brand new ipod.

Do you believe the life guard did his/her job? If i died because i was unconscious and unable swim up and grab the life jacket which he/she threw into the water, do you think the life Guard would be commended for his dutiful service as a savior and one who guards the lives of others, or fired and even sued for criminal negligence?

So if God is the savior of all people as the scriptures clearly teach, yet he refuses to jump in and save even those that are so deceived, as if they were completely unconscious of their situation spiritually, then i think he wouldn't be doing his Job very well ...

We cant save ourselves, only he can jump in and save us from ourselves.

Your idea of God might be the life guard who throws in the life jacket but refuses to get wet by jumping in to save me from my own mistakes ... However my idea of God is that he jumps in and does all the work for me because i am simply not able to do it for myself.

God bless ...

The lifeguard......been seeing you come to that swimming pool for a very long time, performing that SAME OLD STUNT. He's been WARNING your behind for years that such an outcome was possible. And because He knew your hard-headed self would try that same old trick once AGAIN, he's standing there with the life jacket in hand like he does EVERY single time you come there! Because you refuse to obey!

So today, it happened! You're dead. Do you get to blame the lifeguard? Did he do his job? Even after the outcome, he still jumped in, but you're dead! I'd say YES, he did it all!! He warned, he chastised, he stood there ready; just in case....... See, there's a high price to pay when we continue on sinning! We never get away with sin!

But according to some.....you get to come back and say you're sorry, repent for not listening, you get yet another chance.........really?

Old 06-07-2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
We carry on as we've been doing...you ask and I answer. Vice-versa. Now, you don't have to agree with me, nor I with you, but that too is okay, yes?

And I never said you don't understand ALL the bible, I said I BELIEVE ALL OF IT! Correct?
Betsey.

This is what you said to me:

"Which part of THE BIBLE do you not understand sparrow? ALL OF IT!!"

Quote:

What are you sorry about? You never "started" anything, you CHOSE to answer for another person. Correct?

Someone's mistreating you? Perhaps your conscience?

Maybe one day, we will be able to actually converse with each other.
Until then... peace to you Betsey.
sparrow

Old 06-07-2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Betsey.

This is what you said to me:

"Which part of THE BIBLE do you not understand sparrow? ALL OF IT!!"

Maybe one day, we will be able to actually converse with each other.
Until then... peace to you Betsey.
sparrow
Take your own advice sparrow: re-read what I wrote. What you quoted in the above is only SOME of it. I have no problem conversing with you, you know. Until we met again, peace to you too!!

PS: Smile, be happy, we're almost there!

Old 06-07-2010, 09:35 PM

Quote:
I have no problem conversing with you, you know. Until we met again, peace to you too!!

PS: Smile, be happy, we're almost there!
I appreciate that, Betsey.
Smile... and peace to you too, sister.
sparrow

Old 06-07-2010, 09:43 PM

Quote:
I appreciate that, Betsey.
Smile... and peace to you too, sister.
sparrow
I told you we can "converse"! Now, we're not always going to agree, but we can have a dialogue. Good night to you too.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:46 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,798,657 times
Quote:
The lifeguard......been seeing you come to that swimming pool for a very long time, performing that SAME OLD STUNT. He's been WARNING your behind for years that such an outcome was possible. And because He knew your hard-headed self would try that same old trick once AGAIN, he's standing there with the life jacket in hand like he does EVERY single time you come there! Because you refuse to obey!

So today, it happened! You're dead. Do you get to blame the lifeguard? Did he do his job? Even after the outcome, he still jumped in, but you're dead! I'd say YES, he did it all!! He warned, he chastised, he stood there ready; just in case....... See, there's a high price to pay when we continue on sinning! We never get away with sin!
Christ died for our sin, and not only our sin but for the sin of the whole world. Christ already paid the price, i wish you could understand that.

And by the way, i hope that you dont ever take up the profession of being a life Guard, you would likely end up in prison.

Quote:

But according to some.....you get to come back and say you're sorry, repent for not listening, you get yet another chance.........really?
Yes really, 70x7 ... And more than that ... God doesnt Give up like you may, or like we all do when we get tired or frustrated or impatient or angry etc ... God is love, and love never fails, never gives up, always overcomes and always wins in the end. Though you believe God fails to save the whole world, i do not. Though you may believe God gives up on most people, i do not. I truly believe that God is the savior of all people, especially(not only) of those that believe.

Amen ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity