Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2009, 08:31 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,438,567 times

Advertisements

We aren't talking about AION...we are talking about AIONIOS

Rooted words seldom ever define the word(s) in question. This is a simple case of linguistics, especially in the case of scripture. Context defines the meaning when we try to import English into the word, which is first a NO NO amongst anyone who wants to provide elementary exegesis of scripture. When attempting proper exegesis of scripture, you have to begin to think like the author who is writing...not the other way around.

Last edited by sciotamicks; 11-18-2009 at 08:43 PM..

Old 11-18-2009, 08:35 PM

UR is a false claim, and we will attack it like everyone else has in the past, the very reason why the fathers that supported it, were excommunicated, and why it has relatively been silenced for over a millennia until Darwinism and "enlightened" thought derived from gnostic beliefs from Plato to the heretic and false scribe Origen, who butchered the word of God, came on the scene a century and a half past. This garbage will once again be squashed into silence from layman to council alike, and I will take part, just like Mike is here, and elsewhere, to make sure that this pagan idealism of the butchered faith, never rises from the ashes ever again.

If anyone of you URer's want to to be considered with any merit, you have to use only scripture to support your case with the word AIONIOS, and if you decide to step outside of scripture to support your claim, as I see so prevalently, your claim itself will be worthless to those here of the faith. This word, like I said, has been used to define a lifetime, to infinite and eternal lengths without end, that it cannot be supported in any way to be presented to adhere to "an age" or period of time, when its use is inconsistent throughout the secular world.

SOLA SCRIPTURA or concede to ignorance.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:40 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,939,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
UR is a false claim, and we will attack it like everyone else has in the past, the very reason why the fathers that supported it, were excommunicated,
Jesus was excommunicated too. Where does that leave the rest of your fathers...LOL

Old 11-18-2009, 10:13 PM

63,844 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
SOLA SCRIPTURA or concede to ignorance.
LOL . . . Sola Scriptura glorifies ignorance and elevates it to a virtue of faith. It is the epitome of ignorance used to stagnate understanding of God to primitive savage standards. ROFLMAO . . . "concede to ignorance" indeed . . . that is exactly what a concession to your beliefs would be, LOL!

Old 11-18-2009, 10:19 PM

You UR people here are a riot...I have not seen one of you all provide the most simplest exegetical responses to support your case. Cest la vie....
The majority of your quotes are either from secular, or UR church fathers and scholars to support your case. Why is it that you can't provide a proper response using only scripture and a linguistic analysis of the ancient language?

Because you can't.
Such was the case over a thousand years ago, and such is the case now.
Your claims will disappear faster than it resurfaced.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:33 PM

Quote:
You UR people here are a riot...I have not seen one of you all provide the most simplest exegetical responses to support your case. Cest la vie....
The majority of your quotes are either from secular, or UR church fathers and scholars to support your case. Why is it that you can't provide a proper response using only scripture and a linguistic analysis of the ancient language?

Because you can't.
Such was the case over a thousand years ago, and such is the case now.
Your claims will disappear faster than it resurfaced.
Actually . . . the level of ignorance in human society today is significantly lower than it has ever been in human history and the Christian religions have less power and control (and no coercive power at all) . . . so I doubt ignorance will triumph again as you predict.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
So you are saying That God is in all sinners and unbelievers? Yet he will separate them from himself for ever? That means he will separate himself from himself. More contrary false logic.
You like Eusebius, sure have a way of twisting other people's words to say what you want them to say, a common trait amonst the UR crowd I see. He is all in all who believe...get it right Ironmaw..

Quote:
You believe that your salvation is of value if only you and people who believe in your religion are saved. That in my opinion makes you spiritually greedy. You would rather everyone who doesn't believe in your religion before they die be damned for ever. That is where your heart is, not where Gods heart is.
That is precisely why there is a covenant...between God and man, mediated through Jesus Christ...God in the flesh.
Accept Him as Savior, and you have God dwelling with you...don't and you die...eternally. That is the message. Deal with it.

Quote:
As a full preterist, in my opinion, you are in contradiction to scripture in most of what you believe concerning the prophecies. The bible says sin and death will be destroyed, you say they have been when everyone is still sinning and dying. I believe you are illogical and that your beliefs are in many ways inane. I am sure you fill the same way about me. That is fine. I do love you, but i don't like the way you see the world. I think it is hypocritical and contrary to reason and logic and the word of God. So be it ...
What part of the kingdom don't you understand Ironmaw?...it is neither here nor there.....where you can see...with your eye...it is in the CHURCH!...In the Hearts of Mankind that BELIEVE!....good grief...what part of scripture do you people have a hard time of understanding?...no more sin and death....that means...when you believe in Christ...those two things are defeated.....but you will never understand that seeking a fleshly kingdom....never. Isa 25:8 meets Rev 21:3 DEAL WITH IT.

Quote:
Whatever you believe, i pray God be with you and open your heart to greater acceptance of his love for everyone and the truth of his real good news for ALL humanity.
That prayer was answered a long time ago.
It's time to pray that for yourself.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Actually . . . the level of ignorance in human society today is significantly lower than it has ever been in human history and the Christian religions have less power and control (and no coercive power at all) . . . so I doubt ignorance will triumph again as you predict.
OKEY DOKEY YODA....once you break free from your self edifying podium and truly humble yourself before Christ, you will always be enlightened by the power from the angel of light. Figure it out Mystical man. Get behind me Satan.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:45 PM

Quote:
OKEY DOKEY YODA....once you break free from your self edifying podium and truly humble yourself before Christ, you will always be enlightened by the power from the angel of light. Figure it out Mystical man. Get behind me Satan.
Ask yourself (in a moment of quiet) . . . which sounds more Satanic . . . an Egotistical Eternal Tormentor or a Chastising but Forgiving God who loves His children? It might enlighten you about who is being deceived by Satan.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Ask yourself (in a moment of quiet) . . . which sounds more Satanic . . . an Egotistical Eternal Tormentor or a Chastising but Forgiving God who loves His children? It might enlighten you about who is being deceived by Satan.
Mystic,

From what I have seen from your posts is just New Age propaganda and jargon..you have continuously shown me and the rest of the forum your lack of scriptural discernment in all areas of the word of God. The mere fact based on your foundational beliefs are not only contrary to the scripture but gnostic and platonic in nature. I hope you are enjoying your light ride through the galaxy of private interpretations. Bon à rien!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity