Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2010, 02:55 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,056,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
I want to quote you so can you find it for me?

It's just a little curious that Josephus goes on rambling about Herod, then drops this glowing mention of Jesus in and then continues on about Herod. It is also curious that the oft-quoted mention of Jesus that came down through Christendom was presented to the world by the notorious propagandist, Eusebius, Constantine's own minster of propaganda.
Google it like i did...it's out there...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 02:57 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,217,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Christygirl, what has happen to you ? This does not sound like you......
I was forced to critically examine my faith/beliefs and it was found seriously lacking and could not be credibly defended.

Old 05-28-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
The who? You're with those guys?
What's your point?...

Old 05-28-2010, 03:01 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,009,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I was forced to critically examine my faith/beliefs and it was found seriously lacking and could not be credibly defended.
It all comes down to being honest with yourself. It is my gut feeling that there are quite a bit of folks here who KNOW better. Every fiber of their being tells them something is not right with it all, but they keep perservering against their better sense out of fear for a myriad of reasons. Better to just free the mind of all that pressure and just be you:

YouTube - Toussaint "Be You" Music Video - I Grade Records

Enjoy the beautiful song and holiday weekend folks. Filmed entire in my beautiful Virgin Islands.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
There are many accounts written many decades after the supposed events i.e., the gospels....the question is there were well known historians who were contemporaries of jesus living the same time he supposedly walked the earth and yet they never mention him at all...not one little peep about him. Jesus who drew the masses and multitudes to himself and was the most popular trouble maker of his time and yet....not one mention of him. Why do you suppose that is?
You still haven't dug that deep...

Old 05-28-2010, 03:06 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,217,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You still haven't dug that deep...
And you still haven't answered the question.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:12 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,776,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Lol...Just go away...
Ignoring it.....Got it.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:14 PM

11,902 posts, read 3,713,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Dang.. nope don't qualify.. 'member, I'm married. When you posted that it reminded me of the movie "Year One"... where they are sacrificing the virgins...

Anyway... totally off topic now! Sorry. (and yet I am posting it anyway )
Quite happy for this thread to go where it will, as long as there are no rude/harassing posts.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
Ignoring it.....Got it.
lol

Old 05-28-2010, 03:59 PM

28,100 posts, read 29,992,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
Katzpur, you know I like you, but what a pile of stuff.
LOL! Well, juj, I'm glad you at least like me. A lot of people think my posts are "a pile of stuff" and don't like me besides!

Quote:
So there's Abraham and there are prophets along the way that tell of the coming messiah. All this promise through the 12 tribes of Israel continuing on through the house of David columinating in the coming of the Messiah, God's promise kept. After eons, the messiah finally arrives. Jesus, the Messiah, hand picks his disciples, all, other than Judas, becoming an Apostle. Jesus hand picks Peter to start and head His Church on earth and when the last Apostle is dead, the Church is dead and all Authority is lost? And this is in just a few decades. Centuries of promise, and then a promise kept and a new convenent between man and God is created and is essentially dead in a few decades?
Well, more or less. You know, I'm not exactly unique in believing that the early church fell into apostasy and that it did so early on. There were, after all, literally dozens of competing Christian groups as early as the end of the first century. Paul saw an apostasy happening in his day and his writings are full of warnings. He was talking about things that were going on at that time. He specifically said that Christ would not return until after both a "falling away" (an "apostasia") and a "restitution of all things" had taken place. I don't think it's at all difficult to believe that this is what happened. As a matter of fact, I think it was absolutely inevitable that it happened.

Quote:
If you are correct, then please everyone that is Christian throw your Bibles in the trash. It is worth NOTHING. It was created at the end of the 4th century after a few HUNDRED years of directionless folks with no Authority. CHUCK YOUR BIBLES NOW FOLKS. THEY ARE WORTHLESS and at best UNRELIABLE.
Hey, relax. Nobody said that. Any Christian who doesn't acknowledge the Catholic Church's hand in safeguarding the scriptures is nuts. I, for one, feel a tremendous debt of gratitude to the Catholic Church for preserving the Bible as well as it did. No, I don't think it's perfect, but I would never imply that it's "worthless and unreliable."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity