Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2010, 01:11 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,383,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
I understand. It is a beautiful thing, that love thingee, however, money past love a long time ago. Even when there is no love, money gets things done.
Yep, to many it did, but that is really a sad thing.

money sure does get things done, unfortunitly done uasually wrong
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 01:16 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
FYI...I've never heard of that website but will now definitely be giving it a look see. I try not to take a whole lot of stock about what is written whether it be in a book, on the internet, etc. without further investigation and I have not come to the place I am at lightly....it has been a 12 year journey.

I have nothing against you or your religion....or for any religion for that matter. You can find very devout, kind, generous and good people in any religion but you can also find very evil, greedy and untrustworthy people in them too. I personally don't care what religion anyone follows, how moral ones religion is, how spiritual ones religion is, how truthful ones religion is provided you keep that between you and your religion. When followers of a religion or religious dogma try to infect my life with their beliefs...that is when we will run into problems. Religion and religious dogma breeds intolerance towards anyone who doesn't think exactly as they do and has for eons. It would take a tome 10,000 pages long to elaborate on that....which is something I have no desire to attempt but you already know exactly what I'm talking about. Just take a look into the world we live in, you'd have to be blind, deaf and dumb not to see it. I no longer choose to live a life with religious blinders on anymore and that is my right, just as it is your right to keep your on.
A 12 year journey?...you were just religious about a month ago...you can't shine me on...I know where you got your info from, the same sources i got mine from...i recognize the wording...

Old 05-28-2010, 01:18 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,383,510 times
Quote:
You are aware that Christianity only became the only religion through threats of death, executions and the destruction of any material contrary to it aren't you?
well I would say religionanity instead of christianity as christianity does not use threats of death, or execution but many a religion that is suppose to be based on christianity does.

Which just goes to prove my point of how people who see a God who can create both good and evil.

If people beleive God can do evil, it helps justify themselves when they do evil.

We truely are what we eat

And we all know what Adam ate

Old 05-28-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Is this supposed to scare someone Richard? Is this YOUR fear and now you are trying to put it forward to someone else?

I am glad you posted that scripture because I have always said that if [some] Christians TRULY believed their bible, they would STOP trying to re-convert those who have left the faith. Doesn't the bible say it is IMPOSSIBLE to do so?
Yup...i don't even try...good luck to you all...

Old 05-28-2010, 01:19 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,435 times
Quote:
You are aware that Christianity only became the only religion through threats of death, executions and the destruction of any material contrary to it aren't you?
Oh, yes, that I know. I talk about it enough.

Just, how the heck did it get built on a carpenter who talked about love? The Bible has been mishandled, misused, and outright mistranslated to beat down the masses. The theme throughout that Bible, if you know what you are looking for, is LOVE. I KNOW! Hard to believe!

I happen to believe in the Restoration of All Things. I came back from a LONG and difficult trek through the world and it's loveless systems. I was ANGRY for a very long time. And, sometimes I still am. It can be very difficult to get to the core of who God is when you are steeped in thousands of years of religion and wars. But, the alternative (Marxism and such) is not any prettier. Trust me.

I believe Jesus when he said, "My kingdom is not of this world, THEN would my people fight. (The LAST thing he wanted was physical WAR!! The Catholic church and her daughters have MUCH to answer for!)

Old 05-28-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
People believe that because that is what is written:

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create EVIL, I the Lord, do all these things.

Do you not believe what god has written in his inspired and inerrant bible????
you'd be surprised how much the bible and archeology agree with one another...

Old 05-28-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Thats a bad translation sis.

Create in its original means to cut down or cut out

So that scripture actuallys says

I form light and cut down darkness, I make peace and cut down evil, I the Lord do all these things.

Totally different view is it not?

Which view do you beleive Jesus saw the Father through?
H1254
בּרא
bârâ'
baw-raw'
A primitive root; (absolutely) to create; (qualified) to cut down (a wood), select, feed (as formative processes): - choose, create (creator), cut down, dispatch, do, make (fat).

you seem to be like other people, only giving half or part of a word meaning...in order to confuse...

Old 05-28-2010, 01:37 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
well I would say religionanity instead of christianity as christianity does not use threats of death, or execution but many a religion that is suppose to be based on christianity does.

Which just goes to prove my point of how people who see a God who can create both good and evil.

If people beleive God can do evil, it helps justify themselves when they do evil.

We truely are what we eat

And we all know what Adam ate
OMG.....You're not serious are you???? Have you ever heard of the Crusades/Inquisition/Witch Trials or have you been living under a rock???

Old 05-28-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
You're just doing what every other bible teacher, preacher and evangelist has been doing for eons....changing what it actually says to what you want it to say. When the verse is read in context...it says exactly what I posted it says.

Jesus was a myth...like all of the other myths of that time....so my answer to that would be Jesus saw NOTHING because imaginary beings cannot see.
Do you know for a fact He was a myth?...Why don't you read what the Jews said about Jesus, i mean the secular account of Him...they said He was a troublemaker...why would the Jews even bother writing about a myth in the real secular sense that they did?...Obviously He actually existed, they did not believe in Him and tried to eradicate Him...look it up...it is in their own secular accounts of Him...like i said....i pretty much read everything on this...from every angle...

Old 05-28-2010, 01:41 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,435 times
Quote:
OMG.....You're not serious are you???? Have you ever heard of the Crusades/Inquisition/Witch Trials or have you been living unde a rock???
Pneuma and I are both believers in the Restitution of All Things. We are certainly acquainted with the Crusades, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity