Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2022, 09:26 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
It was the 4th of July, was it not? What was it supposed to mean?
You make me laugh by playing innocent here.

Old 07-05-2022, 09:29 PM

1,091 posts, read 278,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
You make me laugh by playing innocent here.
LOL...good I'm laughing too.

Old 07-05-2022, 09:40 PM

Quote:
LOL...good I'm laughing too.
And the fact that you are also laughing is a mistake on your part.

Clearly you were referring to my synapses firing off because you have been incessant about reminding everyone left and right about my thorn in the flesh.

Nevertheless this is what the holy scriptures say about it.

2Co 12:7, And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
2Co 12:8, For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
2Co 12:9, And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2Co 12:10, Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

People may come to understand one day that people who believe in what the Bible says are considered to be mentally ill because those who do not believe in the Bible are truly insane and are projecting their own insanity onto the Bible-believing Christian.

Old 07-05-2022, 09:46 PM

Quote:
And the fact that you are also laughing is a mistake on your part.

Clearly you were referring to my synapses firing off because you have been incessant about reminding everyone left and right about my thorn in the flesh.

Nevertheless this is what the holy scriptures say about it.

2Co 12:7, And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
2Co 12:8, For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
2Co 12:9, And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2Co 12:10, Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

People may come to understand one day that people who believe in what the Bible says are considered to be mentally ill because those who do not believe in the Bible are truly insane and are projecting their own insanity onto the Bible-believing Christian.
I have no idea what a "synapses firing off" is. I'm laughing because you were laughing. I thought we could laugh together.

Old 07-05-2022, 09:52 PM

Quote:
I have no idea what a "synapses firing off" is. I'm laughing because you were laughing. I thought we could laugh together.
Playing dense again, I see.

Well, if you truly don't know what that means, then I suppose you didn't direct your comment against me.

The truth of the matter will be revealed on the day of judgment.

Old 07-05-2022, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Playing dense again, I see.

Well, if you truly don't know what that means, then I suppose you didn't direct your comment against me.
I posted about fireworks to legoman. I was making a joke to him. Is there something you two know that I don't?

Old 07-05-2022, 10:00 PM

Quote:
I posted about fireworks to legoman. I was making a joke to him. Is there something you two know that I don't?
Who was the butt of that joke?

Be honest...

Old 07-05-2022, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Who was the butt of that joke?

Be honest...
No one, maybe my cats, they were freaking out over the noise.

Old 07-05-2022, 10:04 PM

Quote:
No one, maybe my cats, they were freaking out over the noise.
Forgive me for my lack of a sense of humour...

What was funny about that joke?

Old 07-05-2022, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Forgive me for my lack of a sense of humour...

What was funny about that joke?
My cats were running around in circles. That happens each 4th of July and New Years eve. They don't like loud noises.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity