Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2022, 10:11 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,840,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
My cats were running around in circles. That happens each 4th of July and New Years eve. They don't like loud noises.
So it was a private joke that only you knew the answer to.

Unfortunately there was a double meaning to your statement that applied to me.

But if you really didn't know what you were doing, I forgive you.

Of course, it will be revealed on the day of judgment if you are now being coy...and if you are, I will retract my forgiveness on that day.

Old 07-05-2022, 10:23 PM

1,091 posts, read 278,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
So it was a private joke that only you knew the answer to.

Unfortunately there was a double meaning to your statement that applied to me.

But if you really didn't know what you were doing, I forgive you.

Of course, it will be revealed on the day of judgment if you are now being coy...and if you are, I will retract my forgiveness on that day.
I don't know your condition, and I would prefer to keep it that way. Agreed? Whatever is troubling you I hope you recover from it. I mean that.

Old 07-05-2022, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
I don't know your condition, and I would prefer to keep it that way. Agreed? Whatever is troubling you I hope you recover from it. I mean that.
I am merely bipolar according to three psychiatrists and one has me diagnosed as schizoaffective (because I told him that I hear the voice of Jesus (John 10:27)).

Nevertheless I don't act like Patty Duke; so I think that they have me diagnosed as that simply because they cannot have me go in for evaluation and not give me some sort of diagnosis.

I have gone in on a lot of occasions because I wanted a "rematch"...

and on many of those occasions I actually got a diagnosis that bore a better prognosis.

For I began as paranoid schizophrenic, then was schizophrenic, then was schizoaffective, and then was bipolar on three occasions; and now, because I am unashamed about having a real relationship with Jesus (John 10:27), I accept the diagnosis of schizoaffective; which is given to anyone with mild symptoms who can be determined to hear voices.

Old 07-06-2022, 07:28 AM

1,091 posts, read 278,291 times
Quote:
I am merely bipolar according to three psychiatrists and one has me diagnosed as schizoaffective (because I told him that I hear the voice of Jesus (John 10:27)).

Nevertheless I don't act like Patty Duke; so I think that they have me diagnosed as that simply because they cannot have me go in for evaluation and not give me some sort of diagnosis.

I have gone in on a lot of occasions because I wanted a "rematch"...

and on many of those occasions I actually got a diagnosis that bore a better prognosis.

For I began as paranoid schizophrenic, then was schizophrenic, then was schizoaffective, and then was bipolar on three occasions; and now, because I am unashamed about having a real relationship with Jesus (John 10:27), I accept the diagnosis of schizoaffective; which is given to anyone with mild symptoms who can be determined to hear voices.
It's best not to go on with this. I don't need or want to know anything more. Though I do hope the best for you in Christ.

Old 07-06-2022, 08:58 AM

Jhn 10:1, Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
Jhn 10:2, But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
Jhn 10:3, To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
Jhn 10:4, And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Jhn 10:5, And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

Jhn 10:16, And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Jhn 10:27, My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Jhn 10:28, And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Jhn 10:29, My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
Jhn 10:30, I and my Father are one.

Jhn 10:20, And many of them said, He hath a devil, and is mad; why hear ye him?
Jhn 10:21, Others said, These are not the words of him that hath a devil. Can a devil open the eyes of the blind?

Mar 3:21, And when his friends heard of it, they went out to lay hold on him: for they said, He is beside himself.

Psa 69:9, For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me.

If I hear the voice of Jesus, I am mentally ill;

But if you do not hear the voice of Jesus, you are not saved.

Old 07-06-2022, 04:16 PM

63,791 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:
Jhn 10:1, Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
Jhn 10:2, But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
Jhn 10:3, To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
Jhn 10:4, And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Jhn 10:5, And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

Jhn 10:16, And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Jhn 10:27, My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Jhn 10:28, And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Jhn 10:29, My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
Jhn 10:30, I and my Father are one.

Jhn 10:20, And many of them said, He hath a devil, and is mad; why hear ye him?
Jhn 10:21, Others said, These are not the words of him that hath a devil. Can a devil open the eyes of the blind?

Mar 3:21, And when his friends heard of it, they went out to lay hold on him: for they said, He is beside himself.

Psa 69:9, For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me.

If I hear the voice of Jesus, I am mentally ill;

But if you do not hear the voice of Jesus, you are not saved.
My brother, if the voice of Jesus you hear is wrathful and vengeful, it is NOT the voice of Jesus!! Jesus IS pure agape love without even a hint of wrath or vengeance!! Be very careful, brother.

Old 07-06-2022, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
My brother, if the voice of Jesus you hear is wrathful and vengeful, it is NOT the voice of Jesus!! Jesus IS pure agape love without even a hint of wrath or vengeance!! Be very careful, brother.
Nah 1:2, God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.
Nah 1:3, The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.

Rom 12:19, Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Rom 1:18, For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Rom 5:9, Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Mystic, you are speaking on your own authority the things that you believe about God simply because it is what you believe. Your religion is your own and originates with you and your own imagination.

You would do well to accept what the holy scriptures teach about doctrine; instead of formulating your belief first and then trying to make the Bible substantiate it. That is smorgasborg religion.

Old 07-06-2022, 04:44 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,283,016 times
Quote:
Nah 1:2, God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.
Nah 1:3, The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.

Rom 12:19, Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Rom 1:18, For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Rom 5:9, Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Mystic, you are speaking on your own authority the things that you believe about God simply because it is what you believe. Your religion is your own and originates with you and your own imagination.

You would do well to accept what the holy scriptures teach about doctrine; instead of formulating your belief first and then trying to make the Bible substantiate it. That is smorgasborg religion.
Can you explain the loopholes you have to jump through to equate wrath with eternal torment.

Old 07-06-2022, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Can you explain the loopholes you have to jump through to equate wrath with eternal torment.
No loopholes. It is logical to equate wrath with eternal torment.

Old 07-06-2022, 06:26 PM

63,791 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:

Please, brother, I have asked you many times now to stop lying about me and my views of Christ. I came to Christ BECAUSE of the descriptions of Jesus and His claims to represent God!! I did not and do not believe the "precepts and doctrines of men" that you preach as if they in any way represent what Jesus Himself represented because they do NOT!!!

Jesus is why I am Christian, NOT your Bible, and its ignorant primitive misunderstanding of God that Jesus came to correct!!! My interpretations of scripture are entirely consistent and compatible with God's Holy Spirit as JESUS Divinely Revealed and demonstrated it to BE, NOT what our ignorant primitive ancestors interpreted it to be!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity