Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2022, 06:44 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
No loopholes. It is logical to equate wrath with eternal torment.
Explain how it is logical

Old 07-06-2022, 08:47 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,125,535 times
Quote:
Nah 1:2, God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.
Nah 1:3, The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.

Rom 12:19, Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Rom 1:18, For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Rom 5:9, Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Mystic, you are speaking on your own authority the things that you believe about God simply because it is what you believe. Your religion is your own and originates with you and your own imagination.

You would do well to accept what the holy scriptures teach about doctrine; instead of formulating your belief first and then trying to make the Bible substantiate it. That is smorgasborg religion.
Mystic believes God is GOOD and God is LOVE. What could be wrong with that belief?

Old 07-06-2022, 11:28 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,835,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Mystic believes God is GOOD and God is LOVE.
So do I.

Old 07-06-2022, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Please, brother, I have asked you many times now to stop lying about me and my views of Christ. I came to Christ BECAUSE of the descriptions of Jesus and His claims to represent God!! I did not and do not believe the "precepts and doctrines of men" that you preach as if they in any way represent what Jesus Himself represented because they do NOT!!!

Jesus is why I am Christian, NOT your Bible, and its ignorant primitive misunderstanding of God that Jesus came to correct!!! My interpretations of scripture are entirely consistent and compatible with God's Holy Spirit as JESUS Divinely Revealed and demonstrated it to BE, NOT what our ignorant primitive ancestors interpreted it to be!!
No, you encountered a demonic spirit while practicing eastern meditation techniques that chose you out in its plan to want to start a pseudo-Christian cult with you as its leader; that denies the veracity of the word of the Lord and therefore is demonic to the core.

Old 07-06-2022, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Explain how it is logical
God's wrath being poured out on an individual would logically result in eternal torment.

If the individual could repent, then the wrath would no longer abide on him.

But because the individual is not born again, his sin nature isn't dealt with;

And therefore he will continue to sin throughout eternity if he has made a final decision to never be born again (see Hebrews 6:1-8, Revelation 16:9-11).

Thus God, being just, will punish him throughout eternity.

Simple...

And I have explained it to you before.

Last edited by justbyfaith; 07-07-2022 at 12:12 AM..

Old 07-07-2022, 03:54 AM

Quote:
God's wrath being poured out on an individual would logically result in eternal torment.

If the individual could repent, then the wrath would no longer abide on him.

But because the individual is not born again, his sin nature isn't dealt with;

And therefore he will continue to sin throughout eternity if he has made a final decision to never be born again (see Hebrews 6:1-8, Revelation 16:9-11).

Thus God, being just, will punish him throughout eternity.

Simple...

This is not an explanation, it is repeating a belief. Playing dumb does not excuse you, you know this is not an explanation.

Old 07-07-2022, 05:24 AM

676 posts, read 202,980 times
Quote:
No, you encountered a demonic spirit while practicing eastern meditation techniques that chose you out in its plan to want to start a pseudo-Christian cult with you as its leader; that denies the veracity of the word of the Lord and therefore is demonic to the core.
Takes one to know one jbf. Get thee behind us jbf. Your accusations are demonic. Your doing the work of the devil. Now, quote me a verse about a furnace or fire.

Old 07-07-2022, 05:34 AM

Quote:
You have explained nothing but misinformation about our Heavenly Father, whose arm you promote to be short to save. You have made the Bible a thing to worship instead of seeing it as a revelation of who Jesus Christ is, and lifted up the power of the will of man over the power of the will of God.

Jesus Christ risen from the dead makes him the Savior of All men. You can resist it as much as you want along with the the legions of demons, but you will never ever change the reality of it.

Old 07-07-2022, 10:42 AM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
I guess that would be a No. You refuse to stop lying about me and my views. You cannot promote Jesus and God by lying, brother!!! I do not deny the Word of God because the Word of God is JESUS CHRIST!!! You ignore the Word of God in favor of the Bible and our ancestors' primitive and barbaric beliefs about God. That seems much more demonic. I deny nothing. I interpret and rephrase scripture to be consistent and compatible with God's Holy Spirit as revealed and demonstrated by Jesus Christ, period!

Old 07-07-2022, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL-5 View Post
Takes one to know one jbf. Get thee behind us jbf. Your accusations are demonic. Your doing the work of the devil. Now, quote me a verse about a furnace or fire.
Mat 10:22, And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
Mat 10:23, But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.
Mat 10:24, The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord.
Mat 10:25, It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I guess that would be a No. You refuse to stop lying about me and my views. You cannot promote Jesus and God by lying, brother!!! I do not deny the Word of God because the Word of God is JESUS CHRIST!!! You ignore the Word of God in favor of the Bible and our ancestors' primitive and barbaric beliefs about God. That seems much more demonic. I deny nothing. I interpret and rephrase scripture to be consistent and compatible with God's Holy Spirit as revealed and demonstrated by Jesus Christ, period!
You are deflecting by saying that the Word is Jesus and not the Bible.

The Word is Jesus, that is true;

But the word of God is the Holy Bible (kjv).

I am not lying when I say that you deny the word of God. But you turn it into a lie by changing the definition of the words that I am using.

When I say the word of God, I mean the Bible.

By that definition, can you deny that you reject the word of God?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity