Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2016, 06:48 PM

17,071 posts, read 11,060,399 times

Advertisements

You shouldn't say we don't need Jesus when we have the Bible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
could you post where I said that?

Of course you can't. You just made it up for some reason.
Quote:
WE do not need Jesus to intervene personally. God gave us the Bible to show us how to judge right and wrong, and how to treat other.

WE do not rely on faith to know what is right and wrong and on how to treat each other. We rely on God's word.

If God had not give us His word, then what you say would have some validity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2016, 07:02 PM

37,348 posts, read 28,595,213 times
Quote:

God gave us the Bible to show us how to judge right and wrong, and how to treat other.

If God had not give us His word, then what you say would have some validity.

(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law OR THE BIBLE, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law.

They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts
, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.)

Old 08-17-2016, 08:30 PM

64,189 posts, read 40,724,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Quote:
could you post where I said that?
Of course you can't. You just made it up for some reason.
Quote:
WE do not need Jesus to intervene personally. God gave us the Bible to show us how to judge right and wrong, and how to treat other.
Comments????Apology??? How do you reconcile your view with the New Covenant wherein Christ abides with us as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts," NOT the Bible????

Hebrews 8:10-11 King James Version (KJV)
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

John 14:26 King James Version (KJV)
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Old 08-18-2016, 12:05 PM

4,765 posts, read 2,027,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Yes.

Any church that stresses theology or "belief" is surely not following any kind of truth at all. I stay away. I don't even want to be there because it validates their system. So I avoid those kinds of churches altogether.
How do you know their system is not true?

Old 08-18-2016, 12:09 PM

4,765 posts, read 2,027,518 times
Quote:
You might need some lessons in reading between lines. You are not very good at it.

Saying we do not need Jesus TO INTERVENE PERSONALLY, is not even closed to saying we don't need Him.

Old 08-18-2016, 12:16 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,123,927 times
Quote:
It is just the opposite. We can't love others,except for family and friends. until we love God.

Exactly.

Old 08-18-2016, 12:19 PM

Quote:
You might need some lessons in reading between lines. You are not very good at it.

Saying we do not need Jesus TO INTERVENE PERSONALLY, is not even closed to saying we don't need Him.
Right, because what we need is Jesus to stand back and watch while we botch everything with our interpretations of scripture instead of relying on the Spirit He promised.....I DON'T think so.

Old 08-18-2016, 02:52 PM

64,189 posts, read 40,724,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Comments????Apology??? How do you reconcile your view with the New Covenant wherein Christ abides with us as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts," NOT the Bible????

Hebrews 8:10-11 King James Version (KJV)
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

John 14:26 King James Version (KJV)
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Quote:
Saying we do not need Jesus TO INTERVENE PERSONALLY, is not even close to saying we don't need Him.
Quote:
Right, because what we need is Jesus to stand back and watch while we botch everything with our interpretations of scripture instead of relying on the Spirit He promised.....I DON'T think so.
The complete rejection of the New Covenant reflected in their refusal to rely on the Comforter is puzzling, but not at all unusual for fundies.

Old 08-18-2016, 04:17 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,996,640 times
I'm not even sure if it's about just extending love beyond our family and friends, outwards to strangers.

I think it's mainly about being less selfish in general.

Old 08-18-2016, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I'm not even sure if it's about just extending love beyond our family and friends, outwards to strangers.

I think it's mainly about being less selfish in general.
They work together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity