Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 02:28 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,616,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
There's been lots of discussions of correct theology here lately, so I thought this would be a good time to bring this post by John Pavlovitz to the table for discussion. I agree that doing the right things, is more important than having 'correct' theology. PJ is probably sleeping, so I don't have permission for this article in particular, but I am pretty sure he won't mind.
..nipped ... wouldnt want to put us through reading that again.

but yeah, its like all belief systems are over-way-rated. My friends called me capt american in my youth, dern how stupid was I in thinking truth, justice, and liberty for all men and women. now I see its flunk, drugs, and take from others in the name of diversification and understanding each other..

Overrated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2016, 03:19 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,273,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
John on a drunken bender?

I mean wasn't Revelations from mostly a dream?
But, a drunken bender?
OK, it might have been a few bad 'shrooms...dreams--hallucinations--what is the difference..

Old 08-10-2016, 03:21 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,273,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You never actually answer questions. You dodge and divert. Typical liberal-attack the poster instead of debating the issue.
ask..I have always answered--just has not been what you are willing to accept..

Old 08-10-2016, 03:50 PM

20,444 posts, read 12,825,448 times
Quote:
LOL

Who wrote that scripture and why do you believe them (and not Paul and John)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I may or may NOT believe Micah 6:8--but is is all too OBVIOUS that YOU DO NOT BELIEVE THIS SCRIPTURE!

Nor do you LIVE and PREACH what it is God really wants from us MORTALS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
ask..I have always answered--just has not been what you are willing to accept..
Where is the answer to my original question? Point it out to me, if you will.

Old 08-10-2016, 03:55 PM

9,697 posts, read 10,046,682 times
Everything Jesus preached on was the understanding of Holy Spirit , and He taught on end times ....... Like Jesus said if you condemn you will be condemned, and if you judge you will be Judged , as this is Holy Spirit who lead people not to condemn or judge . so if Christians are judging or condemning then they are weak in Holy spirit ............ See the Methodist Church taught of a method to become saved to Jesus and managed to save vast amount of people in the past and are sound doctrines for salvation to Jesus , but people do not fill their church like the past because of a method, they still have sound doctrines accepted by Lord Jesus Christ ...... See people just need to keep the eyes and faith in Jesus Christ if they used doctrines of church , and need to find Jesus in the doctrines , or the doctrines are of man , as would be useless frills

Old 08-10-2016, 03:57 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,225,130 times
Quote:
There's been lots of discussions of correct theology here lately, so I thought this would be a good time to bring this post by John Pavlovitz to the table for discussion. I agree that doing the right things, is more important than having 'correct' theology. PJ is probably sleeping, so I don't have permission for this article in particular, but I am pretty sure he won't mind.
Weird....using theological statements to argue that theology isn't important. That's circular.

Old 08-10-2016, 04:16 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,894,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Weird....using theological statements to argue that theology isn't important. That's circular.
No. She just said that it is more important to do the right thing than to follow a theology. Do you disagree?

Old 08-10-2016, 05:49 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,354,649 times
Quote:
LOL

Who wrote that scripture and why do you believe them (and not Paul and John)?
Men who saw some light but not all of it.We can only walk in the light that we see. When I was a fundy I walked in partial light of the truth, having left it I began seeing more light to walk in. There's plenty more to see and walk in.

Old 08-10-2016, 06:44 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,447,084 times
Quote:
Oh no, I repented while I was reading it. I've got too many logs in my eyes to be trying to swing a club around.
You are a good person.

Old 08-10-2016, 06:46 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,447,084 times
Quote:
The problem here is having the correct theology.

If one has the correct theology he/she will do the right thing. It is having incorrect theology that leads to bad things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity