Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2009, 07:38 PM

2,984 posts, read 3,349,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Was it God's good pleasure to reconcile all to Himself? (Colossians 1) Will Jesus draw all men to Himself? (John 12:32)

If you heard that God is going to lose so much as one individual to the devil forever, then God is a failure.

If you have heard that those who have never had an opportunity to hear of Jesus will be tormented forever for not believing in Him, then you’ve heard that God is a failure.

If you’ve heard that man’s puny will can withstand the omnipotent will of God, and that man’s will can paralyze God’s will, then you have heard that God is a failure.

If you’ve heard that the Adversary outsmarted God in the garden of Eden, if you’ve heard that God did not want Adam and Eve to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, then you’ve heard that God is a failure.

If you’ve ever heard anyone affirm that God will lose 95% of His created beings that He’s placed on planet earth, and will torment them forever, then you’ve clearly heard that God is a failure. -Eleanor Garrod-
Amen and amen!

How Great Is Our God

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjxPG_mRHDs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 08:23 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,500,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi there, Twin.spin, the point being made is that hell cannot be eternal. Something that is eternal has no beginning and no end. God has no beginning and no end. If hell was created, then it had a beginning. It cannot be eternal.
Shana,
Sorry for the long time to respond

The point of John 1:1 is that except for Triune God, everything had a beginning. But that doesn't mean that somethings will not exsist forever after being created.

I find that there is a common mis-belief floated about...a belief that can be categorized as a lie from Satan......that a persons time of grace is extended beyond their lifetime. Satan's and his demonic angles fate is damnation and they know it.

Mark 1:23-25
"What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us?

You mistakenly take Jesus' objective mission (which is to pay for the sins of the whole world) and conclude that God waives the eternal consequence of the rebellion. That is not so.
Jesus mission has always been classified in a dual purpose...objective and subjective.
Objective.... so as that no one is without excuse...he paid for all human's sins
Subjective.. .. so as that those who believe will escape the coming wrath of those who rebelled (angels and unbelievers)

That seems to be a common link between all false religions, that somehow after death one can avoid the eternalness of hell.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:28 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,572,241 times
The part that kills me about people having a problem with an eternal hell is the word, "eternal" I thought time was not a concept in that realm?

Old 04-27-2009, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Shana,

You mistakenly take Jesus' objective mission (which is to pay for the sins of the whole world) and conclude that God waives the eternal consequence of the rebellion. That is not so.
Nonsense! God not only justifies (justification by faith) in the Last Adam, He makes first His first-fruits "the righteousness of God in Him" and then proceeds in the ages to come (in union with His remnant first-fruits) to bring every last rebellious little adam into alignment with Himself!

"For as by one man's disobedience the mass of mankind were made sinners so by the obedience of One shall the mass of mankind be made righteous."

Old 04-27-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
The part that kills me about people having a problem with an eternal hell is the word, "eternal" I thought time was not a concept in that realm?
Time is most assuredly not a concept in His realm. In fact, the Lord Jesus Christ clarifies the meaning of aionios as not time at all, but quality of life knowing the Lord of Glory.

"This is aionios zoe (life eternal) that we may know You the only true God and Jesus Christ who You did send."

Old 04-27-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
Nonsense! God not only justifies (justification by faith) in the Last Adam, He makes first His first-fruits "the righteousness of God in Him" and then proceeds in the ages to come (in union with His remnant first-fruits) to bring every last rebellious little adam into alignment with Himself!

"For as by one man's disobedience the mass of mankind were made sinners so by the obedience of One shall the mass of mankind be made righteous."
Seriously quoting scripture means nothing if it is twisted. If I want to I could prove standing on my head while spinning a top on the Sabbath is a sin.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:20 AM

It is a funny thing how the apostle St. Paul manages to twist the counsels of God.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
It is a funny thing how the apostle St. Paul manages to twist the counsels of God.

From our standpoint, it is YOU the one who is twisting. At the end of the day one of us is right and the other is wrong. I just hope for your sake YOU are the one that is right and if you are right then I have nothing to worry about

Old 04-27-2009, 09:23 AM

Dear St. Paul: you must be kidding!

"For by Him everybody and everything were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—everybody and everything have been created through Him and for Him. He is before everybody and everything, and in Him everybody and everything is held together. He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everybody and everything. For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile everybody and everything to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, everybody and everything on earth or in heaven."

Old 04-27-2009, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
From our standpoint, it is YOU the one who is twisting. At the end of the day one of us is right and the other is wrong. I just hope for your sake YOU are the one that is right. I have nothing to worry about
After reading some of your statements Fundy, you have a great deal to be worried about! The way to the Tree of Life is still guarded by angelic beings with flaming swords swirling in every direction. And the Tree of Life whose leaves are for the healing of the nations is sourced in the Katharos River of His glory. That River is a river of fire, making clean and pure everything it touches!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity