Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 09:32 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,986,613 times

Advertisements

God must choose and save us for age-during life . . . otherwise we can't be saved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 09:38 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,704,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Amazing isn't.... there is actually a God who knows the beginning and end of all things with everything in the middle.

I guess it's up to you to say .. "well God, I just have to trust ya on this one" as God revealed: (notice the small "g" in god and the capital "G" of the true God... who is Jesus btw)
2 Corinthians 4:4
The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Amen.... Twin !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Unlike little babies, we can resist the mothers saving hands, much like the Jews resisted Jesus' attempts to draw them to Himself.

Jesus desired to save them, but they refused.

Matt 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you that kill the prophets, and stone them which are sent unto you, how often would I have gathered your children together, even as a hen gathers her chickens under her wings, and you would not!
Amen... good scripture !!

Old 12-29-2011, 09:40 AM

63,888 posts, read 40,164,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
God must choose and save us for age-during life . . . otherwise we can't be saved.
::Sigh:: But that has already been done . . . it is finished as regards the saving. Christ DID that. It is only the sanctification/justification that remains in our hands based on our faithful adoption of Christ's Holy Spirit of agape love. It is that one Spirit that defines Christ's church and its members . . . not the "precepts and doctrines of men." We are justified and sanctified by our daily "love of God and each other" . . . and our repentance when we fail.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:47 AM

14,898 posts, read 17,188,625 times
Finn, if you have a rebellious child who runs out into the street, wouldn't you still go out there and save him if you could? And try to teach him not to do it again? The difference is God never "tries" or is never "ineffective". Yes, he may allow men to resist Him for a time for His purpose, but ultimately in the end, His will will be done. The rebellious child does not know what he is doing and neither does one who is said to be lost and blinded. Jesus even prayed for those who crucified Him, and asked the father to forgive them because they knew not what they were doing. God bless.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Faith is the work of the Holy Spirit, nothing else. We can not by our own reason, intellect or chosing "make a decision for Christ" nor do we have a tendency to do so. No one person is conceived and born without a sinful mind that is spiritually not dead, nor is at best neutral toward God.
"the sinful mind is hostile toward God,...The mind of sinful man is death It does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God."

No one is a believer unless the Holy Spirit works faith. Pointing to oneself is exactly that ... pointing to one self !! Looking at this emphasis (that the decision theologist's make) goes against scripture which teaches:
Acts 15:11 No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved,
  • not by the grace God gives us to make our decision
Ephesians 2:4-5
God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved
  • a dead person can not chose to do anything for themselves... Read Ezekiel 37, ithas no "decision theology" of man... it's all God.
Ephesians 2:8
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God
  • faith is a gift from God ... not a gift from human's choice
2 Timothy 1:8-9
"by the power of God, who has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time"
  • Scriptures proclaim "not because of anything we have done" .... decision theology points to what "we..or .. I MUST do"
100% credit must be given to God for our conversion, faith, remaining in the faith.
Amen.....

Old 12-29-2011, 09:59 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,505,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Does God draw them to give them the opportunity to choose Him, knowing in advance that they will never choose Him? Wouldn't that still be a contradiction? Do they really have an opportunity to come to Him? God bless.
There is something that needs to be remembered when it comes to God.....
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD.
Our thoughts and ways have truths that are reconcilable with another...God doesn't.
This seems to be a problem for many, the attempt to reconcile independent truths which are not reconcilable.

People here can't reconcile that God is love that gives eternal lifeto those who believe also is the same God who damns eternally those who reject

Quote:
The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Amen. God knew that the god of this age would blind them. God bless.

I don't know what you're "amen"ing to, for this claims that people do in fact reject God by their false beliefs (god)..... which begins with the truth that Jesus is God.

Last edited by twin.spin; 12-29-2011 at 10:11 AM..

Old 12-29-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
There is something that needs to be remembered when it comes to God.....
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD.
Our thoughts and ways have truths that are reconcilable with another...God doesn't.

This seems to be a problem for many, the attempt to reconcile independent truths which are not reconcilable.

I don't know what you're "amen"ing to, for this claims that people do in fact reject God by their false beliefs (god)..... which beings with the fact that Jesus is God.
Amen... good observation and insightful of the scripture stating Jesus... being God, praises too our Lord God and Savior, Jesus Christ, Twin !!

Old 12-29-2011, 10:06 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,695,011 times
Quote:
Finn, if you have a rebellious child who runs out into the street, wouldn't you still go out there and save him if you could? And try to teach him not to do it again? The difference is God never "tries" or is never "ineffective". Yes, he may allow men to resist Him for a time for His purpose, but ultimately in the end, His will will be done. The rebellious child does not know what he is doing and neither does one who is said to be lost and blinded. Jesus even prayed for those who crucified Him, and asked the father to forgive them because they knew not what they were doing. God bless.
Well, Jesus said He wanted to gather Jews under His wing, but they refused Him. Those Jews are now dead and lost forever. You have your alternate views, and so be it. I do not expect you to believe what the scriptures say. If you want to rely on being forced into salvation after you die, them that is your choise but the Bible does not speak about such after death process. The author of the OP already requested that this would not turn into yet another meaningless UR debate, so let's respect his wish, shall we.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
I don't know what you're "amen"ing to, for this claims that people do in fact reject God by their false beliefs (god)..... which beings with the truth that Jesus is God.
Hi, I am amening to the scripture that you posted.

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 12-29-2011 at 10:17 AM..

Old 12-29-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Amen. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity