Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2007, 11:34 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,577,165 times

Advertisements

After coming to Christ,you came to the light. What new things happened after coming to the light ? How did these things change your life? Where would you be now if you had remained in darkness?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 11:46 AM

1,250 posts, read 3,501,901 times
I have been raised in church my whole life. For a brief time in my teen years, I rebelled. It was around a year in length. I will never forget the darkness and the hopelessness. I was trying to find a substitute for the real thing. Nothing satisfied me like Christ does. I was so stubborn during this time. I remember my mom trying to reach out to me and I told her bluntly, "You know I'm not a Christian, don't you?" Wow. I can't imagine the pain that would bring me if my kids told me that. The good thing was that when I reached my darkest and most painful time, I knew where to turn. I had run out of options. I had already tasted the peace and love that is available through Christ. When I surrendered, I felt like the weight of the world was lifted off of my shoulders. It was a relief, I no longer had to do everything alone. I will never go back. Where would I be today if I hadn't made that decision? Probably seeking medical help to get through the depression that I couldn't kick back then.

Thank God for the peace that passes all understanding. I am so thankful that I am no longer in that opressing darkness.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:14 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
[quote=noland123;1632205]After coming to Christ,you came to the light. What new things happened after coming to the light ? How did these things change your life? Where would you be now if you had remained in darkness?

Actually, I can't remember a time when I didn't have Christ in my life..Even as a very small child I felt that he was part of me..There have been times in this long life when I have followed the ways of man and society more than the teachings of Christ, but He never left me..He was always there in the deepest part of my being and was patiently waiting for me to come back..I will say that as the years have come and gone that I have a more personal relationship with Christ as my faith in his existance has grown.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:14 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,283,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
After coming to Christ,you came to the light. What new things happened after coming to the light ? How did these things change your life? Where would you be now if you had remained in darkness?

Awesome things that mere words can not explain, the best that I can express would be. illumination, Friendship, kinship and being adopted by a Father that replaced my natural father since he passed. "the person who takes up for you when bullies think they have you beat". A heart fixer physical and spiritual. A mind regulator, physical and spiritual. this is best i can describe right now.
If I had remained in darkness, I'm almost sure would have long ago ceased to exists in the natural.......................

Thanks for the threads noland.
You really challenge me to go dig!!
But I like it!! because it helps me grow. I just can't get to them all as soon as I would like... but I will thanks!!!!

Last edited by yhwhshalomjr; 10-02-2007 at 02:15 PM.. Reason: mispelled as usual!!!

Old 10-02-2007, 02:19 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,283,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
Okay, I can rep some folks now..... here you are Bam!!!! (like Emeril Lagosse) I think I may have spelled his name wrong . The chef!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity