Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2019, 04:18 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times

Advertisements

I have been thinking about the “kingdom” and where it is and how it appears, as to me it seems that it is not a place called “heaven” that we go to at death

I found this site which discusses the ”eternal” aion, Aionios, terminology but came across this which puts in words some of the things I feel about about the “kingdom” and what it is

I think that the “kingdom” is more about influence not dominance which is what is revealed in a lot of the “spiritual” passages

Time or Character, The Ages or A Time Sequence in <em>aionios</em>: How Words "Mean" in Greek and English

........Barclay concludes, among other details and insights:

"Simply to take the word aionios, when it refers to blessings and punishment, to mean lasting far ever is to oversimplify, and indeed to misunderstand, the word altogether. It means far more than that."

New Kind of Age
The Greek word, and the messianic idea it attempts to represent, are focused on condition or character, not time or length of time. In focus is a new age that is different from the current age, in kind and quality. The focus is not on how long in terms of time sequence.

The Greeks, as well as all the ancient peoples, were dynamic and relational in their understanding of the world, even the “philosophical” thinkers. We call those cultures concrete-relational, or oral-relational. Modern literacy and the resultant way of thinking analytically since the Enlightenment has affected the actual way people think.

The western Rationalist approach to knowledge, reducing matters down to components and analyzing them by linear deduction, has led to a high focus on time sequence and cause and effect by “independent” actors, rather than the connected, relational concepts of reality dominant in the rest of the modern world and universal in ancient human cultures........

.........So this word carries the concept of the New Age, which is already here, as a choice among “Ages” or experiences. This is how the current and the future hopes relate in the idea of the word. The word meaning and its worldview concept does not match the modern western view underlying the English word "eternal" and its European language equivalents.

The worldview assumptions are different, not focused on the passage of time or duration (lack of duration) of time, but on a New Age. The focus is on a new orientation to life, a time of justice and peace, with a concern for the level, quality, moral character of life. You will find this practical life-based understanding among most of the world's cultures today.............

............But the idea of how long never appears in focus. The focus is on difference of kind, quality, style. Time length or lack of it does not seem to be the point. It is the focus on peace and justice and harmony that are in focus. ...........

The scriptures are cultural, contextual, metaphorical, allegorical, relational.....

And we are told in scripture that the kingdom is not about being jew/greek slave/free male/female but one in Christ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2019, 05:04 PM

23,138 posts, read 10,434,069 times
But it is about being Jew and Gentile, being male and female, being a man in bondage or a free man, and the whole New Testament is explaining what you are, what the kingdom actually is.

Look, I can speak the truth in complete confidence because I know the promises, I NEVER try and deny what is plainly said even when I know there is a spiritual meaning.

You will see me telling Mike that he isn't under the covenant because the fact of the matter is that he is neither Ephraim or Judah, and that is the simple facts of the matter. Millions of Christians claiming an inheritance in Israel because they accepted a promised betrothal that was only made to the ten lost tribes, Gentiles DID come under that covenant in Hosea 2, concerning the ten lost tribes and how God used them as seeds that he would one day have a great harvest of Gentiles.

This is called,'' The day of Jezreel.''

The coming of the Lord is as the rain, the spring rains on Pentecost, and the fall rains on Shemini Atzeret(Pentecost and Shemini Atzeret are both conclusion days of two seasons where the gifts of a rain are appointed to come)

BOTH the comings of the Lord create a GREAT DAY OF JEZREEL. The first Pentecost drew in a slew of Gentiles who came repenting of their involvement of other gods, and now there would only be one God, and so they converted and were mixed into the commonwealth of Israel.

That was the first day of Jezreel that began on the first rain, '' Pentecost/A DAY OF GATHERING GENTILES INTO JEZREEL.

Now we have the second rain promised on the conclusion day of the fall cycle. Pentecost is in fact,'' Passover Atzeret,'' it is an Atzeret because it is a conclusion day just as Pentecost, and just as Pentecost instituted, the truth will be offered to all the gentile nations, and the whole universe will stop and take notice of what happens on the great day of Jezreel, yet to come.

Now I would tell Mike and other Christians the truth when I tell them that the covenant is ONLY for Ephraim and Judah, and being that this IS A FACT, I can say it with all confidence.

If YOU have rejected the Sabbath of God and his worship system, and you have instead decided on your own Sabbath and holy days that God did not create, then I can say in GREAT CONFIDENCE THAT YOU ARE NOT UNDER THE COVENANT OF JESUS THAT HE BROUGHT FOR ONLY EPHRAIM AND JUDAH.

I can say this with such great confidence because of the fact that it is simply the truth.............

But let me show you how to debate Hannibal, you turn on Hannibal and show him how wrong he is, and tell me why I am so wrong, explain to me what the kingdom of heaven is, and you could certainly prove me wrong.

What is the difference between a slave and a free man?
What is the difference between male and female?
What is the difference between Gentiles and Jew?

I say that Jesus only brought a covenant for Ephraim or Judah, and I can EASILY PROVE THE FACT THAT YOU ARE NEITHER EPHRAIM OR JUDAH BECAUSE IT IS A FACT, IT IS A FACT THAT MIKE IS NEITHER EPHRAIM OR JUDAH AND THUS, NOT UNDER THE COVENANT MADE FOR EPHRAIM AND JUDAH.

These are facts based upon who and what people of Judah and Ephraim are, and what they do proves them.

BUT Listen, you could easily turn on me and explain to me the facts of how you are both,'' Ephraim, and Judah.''

Are you Ephraim and Judah?
Are you male and female?
Are you a slave and a freeman?
Are you of Ishmael AND Isaac?
Are you of Cain and Abel?
Are you of Esau and Jacob?
Are you of Gentile and Jew?

You could easily prove me wrong when I explain the FACT, that you aren't under the covenant of Jesus because you are neither Ephraim or Judah.

Unless you can explain how you are both, and guess what?

YOU CAN.

Old 07-10-2019, 11:42 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,909,886 times
Lego is one of the very few still around from 2011 when he started this thread. I vaguely remember it when I was still a Christian. I'd be curious to hear if he's resolved the apparent conflict in the verses and what his thoughts are on members' contributions to helping him understand the conflict.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:21 AM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Lego is one of the very few still around from 2011 when he started this thread. I vaguely remember it when I was still a Christian. I'd be curious to hear if he's resolved the apparent conflict in the verses and what his thoughts are on members' contributions to helping him understand the conflict.
His last post on this site was September last year

Old 07-11-2019, 07:50 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,909,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
His last post on this site was September last year

Awww, that's too bad. I hope he's okay. You're one of the early ones too, Meerkat. I remember you because you and I joined when the show, Meerkat Manor, one of my favorite TV shows, was just wrapping up its run on Animal Planet. I remember soooo many people who are no longer here: Ironmaw, Betsey Lane, Ilene Wright, Verna Perry, HotinAZ, Preterist, Phazelwood--they're all gone now. I miss them terribly. Meerkat, do you know what happened to them?

Old 07-11-2019, 09:14 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Awww, that's too bad. I hope he's okay. You're one of the early ones too, Meerkat. I remember you because you and I joined when the show, Meerkat Manor, one of my favorite TV shows, was just wrapping up its run on Animal Planet. I remember soooo many people who are no longer here: Ironmaw, Betsey Lane, Ilene Wright, Verna Perry, HotinAZ, Preterist, Phazelwood--they're all gone now. I miss them terribly. Meerkat, do you know what happened to them?
Ilene Wright (previously known as DOTL) is still posting now as NorthSouth.

Old 07-11-2019, 10:19 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,041,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
But it is about being Jew and Gentile, being male and female, being a man in bondage or a free man, and the whole New Testament is explaining what you are, what the kingdom actually is.

Look, I can speak the truth in complete confidence because I know the promises, I NEVER try and deny what is plainly said even when I know there is a spiritual meaning.

You will see me telling Mike that he isn't under the covenant because the fact of the matter is that he is neither Ephraim or Judah, and that is the simple facts of the matter. Millions of Christians claiming an inheritance in Israel because they accepted a promised betrothal that was only made to the ten lost tribes, Gentiles DID come under that covenant in Hosea 2, concerning the ten lost tribes and how God used them as seeds that he would one day have a great harvest of Gentiles.

This is called,'' The day of Jezreel.''

The coming of the Lord is as the rain, the spring rains on Pentecost, and the fall rains on Shemini Atzeret(Pentecost and Shemini Atzeret are both conclusion days of two seasons where the gifts of a rain are appointed to come)

BOTH the comings of the Lord create a GREAT DAY OF JEZREEL. The first Pentecost drew in a slew of Gentiles who came repenting of their involvement of other gods, and now there would only be one God, and so they converted and were mixed into the commonwealth of Israel.

That was the first day of Jezreel that began on the first rain, '' Pentecost/A DAY OF GATHERING GENTILES INTO JEZREEL.

Now we have the second rain promised on the conclusion day of the fall cycle. Pentecost is in fact,'' Passover Atzeret,'' it is an Atzeret because it is a conclusion day just as Pentecost, and just as Pentecost instituted, the truth will be offered to all the gentile nations, and the whole universe will stop and take notice of what happens on the great day of Jezreel, yet to come.

Now I would tell Mike and other Christians the truth when I tell them that the covenant is ONLY for Ephraim and Judah, and being that this IS A FACT, I can say it with all confidence.

If YOU have rejected the Sabbath of God and his worship system, and you have instead decided on your own Sabbath and holy days that God did not create, then I can say in GREAT CONFIDENCE THAT YOU ARE NOT UNDER THE COVENANT OF JESUS THAT HE BROUGHT FOR ONLY EPHRAIM AND JUDAH.

I can say this with such great confidence because of the fact that it is simply the truth.............

But let me show you how to debate Hannibal, you turn on Hannibal and show him how wrong he is, and tell me why I am so wrong, explain to me what the kingdom of heaven is, and you could certainly prove me wrong.

What is the difference between a slave and a free man?
What is the difference between male and female?
What is the difference between Gentiles and Jew?

I say that Jesus only brought a covenant for Ephraim or Judah, and I can EASILY PROVE THE FACT THAT YOU ARE NEITHER EPHRAIM OR JUDAH BECAUSE IT IS A FACT, IT IS A FACT THAT MIKE IS NEITHER EPHRAIM OR JUDAH AND THUS, NOT UNDER THE COVENANT MADE FOR EPHRAIM AND JUDAH.

These are facts based upon who and what people of Judah and Ephraim are, and what they do proves them.

BUT Listen, you could easily turn on me and explain to me the facts of how you are both,'' Ephraim, and Judah.''

Are you Ephraim and Judah?
Are you male and female?
Are you a slave and a freeman?
Are you of Ishmael AND Isaac?
Are you of Cain and Abel?
Are you of Esau and Jacob?
Are you of Gentile and Jew?

You could easily prove me wrong when I explain the FACT, that you aren't under the covenant of Jesus because you are neither Ephraim or Judah.

Unless you can explain how you are both, and guess what?

YOU CAN.

It's so obvious, but clearly it has to be something He opens your eyes to, else everyone would be able to see it, yes?

Old 07-12-2019, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
It's so obvious, but clearly it has to be something He opens your eyes to, else everyone would be able to see it, yes?
It's entire view, it is different from what is obvious to non believers, what is obvious to you and I, it is an extreemly hidden thing for people beginning in bias, in preconcieved ideas as I was born into.

It is a matter of viewing the entire thing in a completey different aspect and view, a perspective that the majority can never see.

The curses, the plagues, the famines, and even all the plauges of Moses, people need a new perspective.

Those mirracle, TERRIBLE plagues, omens and warnings, these are to the Egyptians, and here is the thing, WE DONT LOOK BACK ON TNE EGYPTIAN OR THE BABYLONIAN to somehow think, that there is some kind of separate people in complete isolation from each other.

THIS is said of Rbbi1, TO Rbbi1'' as it is said to all sons,'' COME OUT OF EGYPT MY CHILD, AND AS YOU COME AWAY FROM THE NATIONS, COMING OUT OF EGYPT AS I HAVE CALLED ALL MY SONS, YOUR BEGINNING IS YOUR CROSSING OVER, BUT BE AWAKE,THIS IS A SPERM SWIMMING IN THE WATERS, A MILLION TO ONE, BUT GOD HAS CALLED, '''EVEN YOU,''

'I have called my son out of Egypt.''

After the son is called from Egypt, he is then called from Babylon" And after he has left Egypt and Babylon, what has he becomd?

And So, Rbbi1 is called out of Egypt BECAUSE ALL mankind IS EGYPT, AND GOD HAS CALLED Rbbi1,''' BEHOLD,'' I have called my son out of Egypt.

AS AĹL SONS OF GOD MUST BE CALLED FROM EGYPT.

EGYPT MY PEOPLE
ASSYRIA THE WORK OF MY HANDS
ISRAEL MINE I HERITANCE.

IT IS A LADDER.

Rbbi1

Has God called you up out of the ways of the world,''Egypt?

Of course.

BE YE...........

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 07-12-2019 at 01:18 AM..

Old 07-12-2019, 01:05 AM

Ok, it's over, I am about to engage.

Old 07-12-2019, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Ilene Wright (previously known as DOTL) is still posting now as NorthSouth.
Is that a good thing or a bad think, just curious, but frankly, I enjoy stuff like that, I mean, I am stuck with HannibalFlavius.

Tell me bro, give me some ideas, what would really be a good name for me? Realy, I want you to think about it for at least 2 days, so,5
more than spititual ya know? Counting on you, need your help of options, O wise ancient sages, I want a name that will last forever, give me something to work with, really, any suggestions? take your time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity