Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2019, 03:39 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudshadowkiller View Post
It is a very real fact that Satan exists. He takes supposed contradictions such as these to foil people from seeking truth and finding peace.

Critical thinking is crucial and skepticism has it's value, but not when it's out of balance. Satan frequently* leads people to look for contradictions where none actually exist.

There are no contradictions in God's word, just distorted interpretations.

People quite often cry out with insincere words, just like when they say "God Damn". They are not literally expecting God to "damn" anything (usually) just using God's name out of their own vanity.

When one sincerely calls upon God in beliving that there really is a God listening, one is acknowledging the reality and presence of the creator. That is faith. Faith has many levels like anything else, but that is faith in action.

Simply looking for contradictions ( not insinuating that you are purposely doing so. Many people do. Satan commonly uses a person's doubts in this way) -is just playing along with Satan in a deadly game.

In my own instance, I turned from God at the age of 21. I washed my hands of faith and those associated with it.

I felt that Christians were all hypocrites, the Bible was a lie and filled with contradictions.

I vehemently mocked God and glorified Satan and even delved into Black magic. I soon became interested in the writings of a notable author who introduced me to Shamanism and and became somewhat disciplined in certain areas of it's practice for twenty years. During this time my youthful anger had subsided somewhat and I stopped blaming others for everything under the sun and ceased to hold them up to expectations I could not fulfill myself.

It was only at this particular moment that I was able to take another look at the words of scripture that I was familiar with and I realized there were actually no contradictions except the ones in my own heart and my jaded interpretations.

Don't be to quick to judge others who speak about God but don't appear to be living and acting correctly. It's a question of the heart more than one of religious legalities. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone..."

Also, don't be too quick to think you are without the belief in God. If you didn't believe, would you even be seeking clarification?* Even if your purpose was to present a supposed contradiction for the sake of argument or to cast doubt in the hearts of others, then the issue of it must be significant for a reason. I have found that it comes from insecurity of my own beliefs, which, thankfully to God, I don't struggle with as much any more.
Satan is an angel that works for G-d, his job is to test people...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2019, 03:44 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
The account was no doubt a lie.

Most accounts of people who claim to have been to heaven or to have seen events from the perspective of heaven are either liars or have been deluded by their own imagination or have been exposed to satanic influence.

no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived - 1 Corinthians 2:9

Do you believe the Bible or do you believe some jerk who wants to impress you with his spirituality? Your writing suggests the latter.

When THE WORD OF GOD says nobody has seen heard or imagined what heaven is like, it means nobody.

What part of nobody do you not understand? Hello?

NOBODY has been to heaven to tell us what its like except Christ Jesus. Read His words in the Bible.

Try reading all of the Bible. Stop accepting everything you hear and read as though it meant something when it doesn't

that's me, hollering from the choir loft....
Nobody has seen?...That was then, at that point in time, it doesn’t account for he future...Do I detect jealousy?...

Old 02-07-2019, 04:51 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudshadowkiller View Post
It is a very real fact that Satan exists.
In the created mythologies and imaginations of men.

Old 02-08-2019, 06:00 AM

1,146 posts, read 648,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Romans 10:13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Acts 2:21 And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved

Matt 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, â€Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Thoughts?
It is amazing to me how such a simple question can be manipulated by people with not an ounce or shred of knowledge of the Bible, the English language or common sense.

Even the concept of salvation is twisted out of all meaning and context. Amazing.

"Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools," - Romans 1:22

"The wise have eyes in their heads, while the fool walks in darkness" - Ecclesiastes 2:14a

"The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to counsel." Proverbs 12:15

It is wise to read the Bible and study it before one opens his mouth or writes words to prove he knows nothing about it.

These are accursed days upon the earth, days when fools are given greater respect than the wise.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft....

Old 02-08-2019, 08:47 AM

1,196 posts, read 753,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Satan is an angel that works for G-d, his job is to test people...
sorry, but you're wrong, "G-d", Jehovah God ,(Exo. 6:3). does NOT test humans by means of satan, because satan is evil. he will not use satan to make one do evil. what we get into, it's because we either brought it onto ourselves ,(James 1:13-15 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death). or satan just decided to go on an attack ,(1Pet. 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour).

also why would Jehovah God give satan a Job over his people. knowing that satan lied about him to Eve. as well as knowing satan wanted Jehovah God's Glory for himself? ,(Isa. 14:12-14 “How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground, You who weakened the nations! For you have said in your heart: â€I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation On the farthest sides of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High). Jehovah God will ALWAYS use his righteous Angels to carry out his orders. NOT a wicked one who Jesus kicked out of Heaven...down to Earth ,(Rev. 12:13). peace

Old 02-08-2019, 06:21 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
sorry, but you're wrong, "G-d", Jehovah God ,(Exo. 6:3). does NOT test humans by means of satan, because satan is evil. he will not use satan to make one do evil. what we get into, it's because we either brought it onto ourselves ,(James 1:13-15 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death). or satan just decided to go on an attack ,(1Pet. 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour).

also why would Jehovah God give satan a Job over his people. knowing that satan lied about him to Eve. as well as knowing satan wanted Jehovah God's Glory for himself? ,(Isa. 14:12-14 “How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground, You who weakened the nations! For you have said in your heart: ‘I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation On the farthest sides of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High). Jehovah God will ALWAYS use his righteous Angels to carry out his orders. NOT a wicked one who Jesus kicked out of Heaven...down to Earth ,(Rev. 12:13). peace
The Hebrew term for Satan merely describes an adversarial role (an adversary). Whereas, an accuser (slanderer, devil) is known for his unrighteous disposition. However, the principalities and powers of unholy (human) messengers, had inculcated the doctrines of demons, devils and Satan in the early views of men; falsely fostering and prospering them. Truth becomes known, when deception falls away (that of self-induced blindness). Christ denounced these doctrines and traditions of men within the Spirit of truth, as the ego driven desires are within men, resist them.

Those who live according to the sinful nature have their mind set on what their nature desires, but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their mind set on what the Spirit wants: Along came the tempter; the lust of the eyes (understanding of the mind), lust of the flesh (a heart of emotion) and the pride of life (the desires of the will). Thus, while the first Adam conceded to all that is in the world (that which extends deep down from the surface - yet, it is visible through distinctive traits or characteristics common to all humanity); the second Adam stood his ground against the natural disposition of the soul, and the temperament within that of other men.

(BTW - Your posts remind me of a Christmas Ornament).

Old 02-21-2019, 12:17 AM

1 posts, read 373 times
Regarding the original post from Legoman:If you want to understand what is meant by these three scriptures you have to know first who is speaking and then who is being spoken to. #1Paul is speaking to Israel nationally. He is speaking of the time during tribulation when there will be heralds speaking Gods message but not active organized churches where one could sit down, listen , take notes and shake hands with the preacher. Heralds, 144,000 of them worldwide will be telling Gods message. These heralds are sealed, protected from harm.
The beast power will be the only allowed religion ,all will be forced to declare allegiance to him or it if you will. Those who refuse will for the most part be killed.Those who know who God and Christ are can believe the heralds and call upon His name. They will be saved from separation from God. Even if they die after calling upon Gods name they still will be regenerated for salvation.
#2. Peter is speaking to Israelite’s who have seen the working of the Holy Spirit in giving gifts on Pentecost. Peter quotes Joel 2. Joel is preaching tribulation prophecies.
#3 Jesus is speaking to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Jesus came toIsrael in order to bring to fruition the Kingdom of God on earth. Israel, Gods peculiar treasure was to become a nation of priests to lead the world to God with Jesus as their Messiah.King/ High Priest. As nation Israel would not accept Jesus as the Son ofGod. A lot of people were doing good deeds, superficially keeping the law but not accepting Jesus as Gods Son so Jesus says ,”Not everyone who says Lord Lord will enter the Kingdom of Heaven,”(meaning theKingdom coming from heaven.)

Old 02-21-2019, 10:36 AM

1,382 posts, read 767,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The Hebrew term for Satan merely describes an adversarial role (an adversary). Whereas, an accuser (slanderer, devil) is known for his unrighteous disposition. However, the principalities and powers of unholy (human) messengers, had inculcated the doctrines of demons, devils and Satan in the early views of men; falsely fostering and prospering them. Truth becomes known, when deception falls away (that of self-induced blindness). Christ denounced these doctrines and traditions of men within the Spirit of truth, as the ego driven desires are within men, resist them.

Those who live according to the sinful nature have their mind set on what their nature desires, but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their mind set on what the Spirit wants: Along came the tempter; the lust of the eyes (understanding of the mind), lust of the flesh (a heart of emotion) and the pride of life (the desires of the will). Thus, while the first Adam conceded to all that is in the world (that which extends deep down from the surface - yet, it is visible through distinctive traits or characteristics common to all humanity); the second Adam stood his ground against the natural disposition of the soul, and the temperament within that of other men.

(BTW - Your posts remind me of a Christmas Ornament).
The "devil" and "Satan" are one in the same. (Revelation 20:2)

Revelation 20:2 2He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years.

Old 02-21-2019, 10:55 AM

1,382 posts, read 767,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlene Berrie View Post
Regarding the original post from Legoman:If you want to understand what is meant by these three scriptures you have to know first who is speaking and then who is being spoken to. #1Paul is speaking to Israel nationally. He is speaking of the time during tribulation when there will be heralds speaking Gods message but not active organized churches where one could sit down, listen , take notes and shake hands with the preacher. Heralds, 144,000 of them worldwide will be telling Gods message. These heralds are sealed, protected from harm.
The beast power will be the only allowed religion ,all will be forced to declare allegiance to him or it if you will. Those who refuse will for the most part be killed.Those who know who God and Christ are can believe the heralds and call upon His name. They will be saved from separation from God. Even if they die after calling upon Gods name they still will be regenerated for salvation.
#2. Peter is speaking to Israelite’s who have seen the working of the Holy Spirit in giving gifts on Pentecost. Peter quotes Joel 2. Joel is preaching tribulation prophecies.
#3 Jesus is speaking to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Jesus came toIsrael in order to bring to fruition the Kingdom of God on earth. Israel, Gods peculiar treasure was to become a nation of priests to lead the world to God with Jesus as their Messiah.King/ High Priest. As nation Israel would not accept Jesus as the Son ofGod. A lot of people were doing good deeds, superficially keeping the law but not accepting Jesus as Gods Son so Jesus says ,”Not everyone who says Lord Lord will enter the Kingdom of Heaven,”(meaning theKingdom coming from heaven.)
Joe 2 is the run up to Har-Magedon, which in Joel 3:2 & 12 is referred to as "YHWHs valley of judgment" for the nations/Gentiles. We are now in the "tribulation", such as the proliferation of "false prophets", the "falling away", "wars", etc. of Matthew 24:6-12, waiting for the "great tribulation" of Matthew 24:21.

As for the "beast" (5th head of the beast) of Revelation 13:3 who was "slain", and "healed" and ruled for 42 months as a dictator, that was Julius Caesar, whose god was the sun god Bel/Sol Invictus, and who was "slain" by the Senate, and healed as Augustus Caesar, and declared a god. The "another beast" of Revelation 13:11, the beast with two horns like a lamb, was Constantine Augustus Caesar, who as the Pontifex Maximus, the head of the state and the pagan religion, who instituted the Roman church through his convened Council of Nicaea. By is his decree of 321 A.D. the Roman church and her daughters supposedly keep the day of the sun, Sol Invictus's holy day, as a day of rest. The 144,000 are sealed to protect them from the "locusts" (Revelation 9:3-4). We are now in the era of the 8th head of the beast, who "was and is not" (Revelation 17:11) Yeshua was preaching to Judah, the Jews, he sent his disciples, as "fishermen" to preach to the "lost sheep of the house of Israel", as stipulated in Jeremiah 16:16. We are now coming to the time when "many hunters" will be sent out for the those sheep (Jeremiah 16:16)

Old 02-21-2019, 10:59 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,110,561 times
God knows our hearts and motives better than we do, so He knows who is really sincere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity