Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 04:23 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,751,839 times

Advertisements

The Lord’s Supper was the centerpiece of early Christian worship. Gathered around one table, fellow believers met with the Lord and with each other in unity. Christ had expressed this type of humility and unity when He instituted the Supper believers were taking their.
Matt 26:2, 26, 27, 28, 29, 31, 38, 39, 41: (NKJV)"You know that after two days is the Passover, and the Son of Man will be delivered up to be crucified." Take, eat; this is My body." "Drink from it, all of you. For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father's kingdom." All of you will be made to stumble because of Me this night, for it is written: 'I will strike the Shepherd, And the sheep of the flock will be scattered.' "My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even to death. Stay here and watch with Me." "O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will." Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."

Conduct in the Lord's Table

Those who are approved: One of the positive results of division or factionsin the church is that it becomes obvious who the genuine Christians are in the congregation.
1 Cor 11:17-22 (NKJV) Now in giving these instructions I do not praise you, since you come together not for the better but for the worse.
For first of all, when you come together as a church, I hear that there are divisions among you, and in part I believe it.
For there must also be factions among you, that those who are approved may be recognized among you.
Therefore when you come together in one place, it is not to eat the Lord's Supper.
For in eating, each one takes his own supper ahead of others; and one is hungry and another is drunk.
What! Do you not have houses to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the church of God and shame those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I praise you in this? I do not praise you.

Instruction of the Lords of Supper
1 Cor 11:23-26 (NKJV) For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you: that the Lord Jesus on the same night in which He was betrayed took bread;
and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, "Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me."
In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."
For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death till He comes.

Learning an unworthy manner refers to the way in which a person eats the Lord’s Supper. The Corinthians had been making the meal a time of overeating and getting drunk rather than a time of reflecting on the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. Onc Own learning ahead of others, violating the spirit and purpose of the meal. In acting this way, they showed contempt for the body or the church of God and shamed those who had nothing, it's just who are less the state. For one is always hungry and another is drunk having an abundance. For Our Lord see a divisions among you, and in part He believe it. Should
God praise us? When we don't follow the rules and the conduct of our behavior together.

What should be the true subject of the Lord's Supper?
When we speak we should speak and in one voice the Lord our God wants us to declare the Gospel of the cross, to the public. I have seen many subjects, which have nothing to do with the Gospel. Do you not have other forums that we can speak about other subjects that do not pertain to the Gospel?

Proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes: The Lord’s Supper looks back to Christ’s death and forward to His second coming. Also we should address as we eat and drink of the Word of God, as often as possible and proclaim the Lord death till further instruction.

I will tell you this for sure, we are being watched very carefully every word and every action, and Jesus himself will have the last word, and he knows who are the Honorable and the humble with a much humility. Those who suffer with advanced in the eyes of God. And those who know God and no lives words, knows that they must see the darkness before they can see the light, we will answer the kingdom of God with great tribulation members since the beginning of time. So I ask those who really worship the Lord and respect others, that greater reward in the kingdom of God. And sorry to say, just but those who do not see I pray for you that you may.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 05:34 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,775,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post

Proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes: The Lord’s Supper looks back to Christ’s death and forward to His second coming. Also we should address as we eat and drink of the Word of God, as often as possible and proclaim the Lord death till further instruction.
We're not supposed to eat and drink his word, we are supposed to eat and drink his flesh and blood. BIG difference.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:10 PM

Unhappy Plenty of humility

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
We're not supposed to eat and drink his word, we are supposed to eat and drink his flesh and blood. BIG difference.

Christ flesh and to drinks His blood is to have eternal life,

John 6:50-56 This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die.
I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world."
The Jews therefore quarreled among themselves, saying, "How can this Man give us His flesh to eat?"
Then Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you.
Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.
For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed.
He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him.

John 1:13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Heb 2:14-15 Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,
and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

Heb 9:11-15 But Christ came as High Priest of the good things to come, with the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made with hands, that is, not of this creation.
Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.
For if the blood of bulls and goats and the ashes of a heifer, sprinkling the unclean, sanctifies for the purifying of the flesh,
how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

But to learn the word of God you must eat and drink, and break bread, to unify the body. This a big difference! Indeed. This is called the Lord's supper.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Christ flesh and to drinks His blood is to have eternal life,

John 6:50-56 This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die.
I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world."
The Jews therefore quarreled among themselves, saying, "How can this Man give us His flesh to eat?"
Then Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you.
Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.
For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed.
He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him.

John 1:13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Heb 2:14-15 Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,
and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

Heb 9:11-15 But Christ came as High Priest of the good things to come, with the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made with hands, that is, not of this creation.
Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.
For if the blood of bulls and goats and the ashes of a heifer, sprinkling the unclean, sanctifies for the purifying of the flesh,
how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

But to learn the word of God you must eat and drink, and break bread, to unify the body. This a big difference! Indeed. This is called the Lord's supper.
I guess I don't get the point if this. What's your point?

Old 03-02-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I guess I don't get the point if this. What's your point?

To bring people together, instead of separation. Christ will not comeinto the bodyit is unified together.As long as there's disagreements with each other, this gives Satan advantage over believers. Attitude!

Declaring a Blessing
Psalms 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

Psalms 3:8 Salvation belongeth unto the LORD: thy blessing is upon thy people. Selah.

Psalms 5:12 For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.

Psalms 10:3 For the wicked boasteth of his heart's desire, and blesseth the covetous, whom the LORD abhorreth.

Psalms 16:7 I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.

Psalms 18:46 The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted.

Psalms 21:3For thou preventest him with the blessings of goodness: thou settest a crown of pure gold on his head.

Psalms 24:5-6He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.

Psalms 26:12 My foot standeth in an even place: in the congregations will I bless the LORD.

Psalms 28:6-9 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications.
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
The LORD is their strength, and he is the saving strength of his anointed.
Save thy people, and bless thine inheritance: feed them also, and lift them up for ever.

Psalms 29:11 The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace.

Psalms 31:21 Blessed be the LORD: for he hath shewed me his marvellous kindness in a strong city.

Matthew 5:3-12 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Psalms 2:12 Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:35 PM

So do you believe in the physical presence of Christ in the Eucharist?

Old 03-02-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
So do you believe in the physical presence of Christ in the Eucharist?

I believe in the name of the father and of the son and of the Holy Spirit.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:43 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,658,642 times
Smile ...You are the salt of the earth!!...

Dear TheWordIsOne...

Understand that you bring something to the table...you bring life!...you bring bread with salt!...the salt of purity of heart...the salt of a consecrated life!...there is a taste to it!...a taste of salt to the bread (the Word) that you give life to! You walk right before God! Your life and prayers have salt on them! God will stand up and come against all the giants for you! We are in a SALT COVENANT with God...you call for standards in line with the Book...They might laugh and make fun - but if you make it salty enough...They'll get thirsty from the drinking and eating of the Word!! God bless you...God Bless you...God loves holiness, holiness is from the inside...where God is drawn within...God says Be ye holy...you can not be perfect in a moment...but you can be holy in a moment!! Hallelujuah! Beautiful...

Old 03-02-2009, 07:47 PM

Red face Plenty of humility

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Dear TheWordIsOne...

Understand that you bring something to the table...you bring life!...you bring bread with salt!...the salt of purity of heart...the salt of a consecrated life!...there is a taste to it!...a taste of salt to the bread (the Word) that you give life to! You walk right before God! Your life and prayers have salt on them! God will stand up and come against all the giants for you! We are in a SALT COVENANT with God...you call for standards in line with the Book...They might laugh and make fun - but if you make it salty enough...They'll get thirsty from the drinking and eating of the Word!! God bless you...God Bless you...God loves holiness, holiness is from the inside...where God is drawn within...God says Be ye holy...you can not be perfect in a moment...but you can be holy in a moment!! Hallelujuah! Beautiful...

You too Verna bring, Understand that you bring something to the table...you bring life!...you bring bread with salt!...the salt of purity of heart...the salt of a consecrated life!...there is a taste to it!...a taste of salt to the bread.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
I believe in the name of the father and of the son and of the Holy Spirit.
Can you ever actually directly answer the question
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity