Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 07:50 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,761,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
Can you ever actually directly answer the question

What is it that you're looking in life for, what quality of life are you looking for? There are many questions and many answer, what true question was satisfied your life, to bring peace to your heart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 07:52 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,783,514 times
My question is pretty straight forward. Do you believe in the PHYSICAL presence of Christ in the Eucharist. That it actually becomes his flesh and blood.

??..Yes.......or.......No..??

Old 03-02-2009, 08:45 PM

Unhappy Plenty of humility

Quote:
Quote:
My question is pretty straight forward. Do you believe in the PHYSICAL presence of Christ in the Eucharist. That it actually becomes his flesh and blood.

??..Yes.......or.......No..??

]No, I do not believe that this "wafer" is not the actual "BODY of Christ"... it is a wafer... you grief my spirit because of this belief, but yet not is all lost for.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
]No, I do not believe that this "wafer" is not the actual "BODY of Christ"... it is a wafer... you grief my spirit because of this belief, but yet not is all lost for.
How did you come to that conclusion?

Old 03-02-2009, 09:02 PM

Angry “Satan Offense”

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
How did you come to that conclusion?
Satan is behind you, You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men.

Luke 17:1"It is impossible that no offenses should come, but woe to him through whom they do come!

Matt 18:6-7 Woe to the world because of offenses! For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes!

Matt 18:5-6 "But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

1 Cor. 8:1-13 Now concerning things offered to idols: We know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love edifies.
And if anyone thinks that he knows anything, he knows nothing yet as he ought to know.
But if anyone loves God, this one is known by Him.
Therefore concerning the eating of things offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one.
For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords),
yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
However, there is not in everyone that knowledge; for some, with consciousness of the idol, until now eat it as a thing offered to an idol; and their conscience, being weak, is defiled.
But food does not commend us to God; for neither if we eat are we the better, nor if we do not eat are we the worse.
But beware lest somehow this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to those who are weak.
For if anyone sees you who have knowledge eating in an idol's temple, will not the conscience of him who is weak be emboldened to eat those things offered to idols?
And because of your knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?
But when you thus sin against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ.
Therefore, if food makes my brother stumble, I will never again eat meat, lest I make my brother stumble

Come back to me another time, I will pray for you my friend

Old 03-02-2009, 09:05 PM

uhhhh.

Those verses were about idols...What does that have to do with the current topic.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:19 PM

Angry “Satan Offense”

Quote:
Quote:
uhhhh.

Those verses were about idols...What does that have to do with the current topic.
Eph 6:12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Submitting to God early in the morning, will give you the ability to resist temptation from the devil in the afternoon, and evening he will flee from you. Draw near to God.
1 Peter 5:6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,
Rear James 4:1 - 10. Resist . . . devil -- Under his banner pride and envy are enlisted in the world; resist his temptations to these. Faith, humble prayers, and heavenly wisdom, are the weapons of resistance. The language is taken from warfare. "Submit" as a good soldier puts himself in complete subjection to his captain. "Resist," stand bravely against.

He will flee -- Translate, "he shall flee." For it is a promise of God, not a mere assurance from man to man [ALFORD]. He shall flee worsted as he did from Christ.

To put the whole Armor of God. In Ephesians 6:10- 18.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Eph 6:12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Submitting to God early in the morning, will give you the ability to resist temptation from the devil in the afternoon, and evening he will flee from you. Draw near to God.
1 Peter 5:6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,
Rear James 4:1 - 10. Resist . . . devil -- Under his banner pride and envy are enlisted in the world; resist his temptations to these. Faith, humble prayers, and heavenly wisdom, are the weapons of resistance. The language is taken from warfare. "Submit" as a good soldier puts himself in complete subjection to his captain. "Resist," stand bravely against.

He will flee -- Translate, "he shall flee." For it is a promise of God, not a mere assurance from man to man [ALFORD]. He shall flee worsted as he did from Christ.

To put the whole Armor of God. In Ephesians 6:10- 18.
still not answering the question. Though you are very good at not answering the question and making it seem like you did.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:38 PM

Unhappy idol

Quote:
Quote:
still not answering the question. Though you are very good at not answering the question and making it seem like you did.

My scriptures that I gave you on idol worship are to tell you that your beliefs as a Catholic grieve my spirit...it is all idol worship and legalism and it murders innocent lives...you tell them they can not partake in the Lord's Supper if they do not believe that this "wafer" is the ACTUAL BODY of Christ...it is for rememberance of His sacrifice for us!

Old 03-02-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
My scriptures that I gave you on idol worship are to tell you that your beliefs as a Catholic grieve my spirit...it is all idol worship and legalism and it murders innocent lives...you tell them they can not partake in the Lord's Supper if they do not believe that this "wafer" is the ACTUAL BODY of Christ...it is for rememberance of His sacrifice for us!
How do we worship idols?

And of course they have to believe to take. Otherwise it would be greatly disrespecting Jesus. They wouldn't show it the reverence it deserves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity