Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2009, 03:18 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,757,764 times

Advertisements

The Lord’s Supper was the centerpiece of early Christian worship. Gathered around one table, fellow believers met with the Lord and with each other in unity. Christ had expressed this type of humility and unity when He instituted the Supper believers were taking their.
Matt 26:2, 26, 27, 28, 29, 31, 38, 39, 41: (NKJV)"You know that after two days is the Passover, and the Son of Man will be delivered up to be crucified." Take, eat; this is My body." "Drink from it, all of you. For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
2But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father's kingdom." All of you will be made to stumble because of Me this night, for it is written: 'I will strike the Shepherd, And the sheep of the flock will be scattered.' "My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even to death. Stay here and watch with Me." "O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will." Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."

Conduct in the Lord's Table

Those who are approved: One of the positive results of division or factionsin the church is that it becomes obvious who the genuine Christians are in the congregation.
1 Cor 11:17-22 (NKJV) Now in giving these instructions I do not praise you, since you come together not for the better but for the worse.
1For first of all, when you come together as a church, I hear that there are divisions among you, and in part I believe it.
For there must also be factions among you, that those who are approved may be recognized among you.
Therefore when you come together in one place, it is not to eat the Lord's Supper.
For in eating, each one takes his own supper ahead of others; and one is hungry and another is drunk.
What! Do you not have houses to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the church of God and shame those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I praise you in this? I do not praise you.

Instruction of the Lords of Supper
1 Cor 11:23-26 (NKJV) For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you: that the Lord Jesus on the same night in which He was betrayed took bread;
and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, "Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me."
In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."
For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death till He comes.

Learning an unworthy manner refers to the way in which a person eats the Lord’s Supper. The Corinthians had been making the meal a time of overeating and getting drunk rather than a time of reflecting on the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. Onc Own learning ahead of others, violating the spirit and purpose of the meal. In acting this way, they showed contempt for the body or the church of God and shamed those who had nothing, it's just who are less the state. For one is always hungry and another is drunk having an abundance. For Our Lord see a divisions among you, and in part He believe it. Should
God praise us? When we don't follow the rules and the conduct of our behavior together.

What should be the true subject of the Lord's Supper?
When we speak we should speak and in one voice the Lord our God wants us to declare the Gospel of the cross, to the public. I have seen many subjects, which have nothing to do with the Gospel. Do you not have other forums that we can speak about other subjects that do not pertain to the Gospel?

Proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes: The Lord’s Supper looks back to Christ’s death and forward to His second coming. Also we should address as we eat and drink of the Word of God, as often as possible and proclaim the Lord death till further instruction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity