Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2021, 05:49 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,565,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Romans 10:13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Acts 2:21 And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved

Matt 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Thoughts?
Context.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2021, 10:16 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,958,189 times
Quote:
Matt 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Thoughts?
'Calling on the name of the LORD...' is Not just calling out to God but the putting of faith in His Name.
Or, as Jesus taught that God's name should be hallowed ( held sacred, sanctified ) .
This is why Jesus said he declared and will declare God's name at John 17:6,26.

Old 06-07-2023, 07:51 AM

1 posts, read 131 times
Even Satan knows who the Lord is, and he will also be thrown into the lake of fire. Act 2:21 and Rom 10:13 are speaking of being born again, and being a new creature. John Chapter 3. You are saved by faith because of what Jesus has already done. You do good works because you love Him.

Old 06-07-2023, 09:15 AM

4,627 posts, read 1,171,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danmreyes1978 View Post
Even Satan knows who the Lord is, and he will also be thrown into the lake of fire. Act 2:21 and Rom 10:13 are speaking of being born again, and being a new creature. John Chapter 3. You are saved by faith because of what Jesus has already done. You do good works because you love Him.
I agree in principle, but we are saved by grace through faith, and that not of ourselves, its the Gift of God Eph 2:8

However the ones calling on the name of the Lord are those who have already been born again, and they belong to a remnant that God has called.

We know this by the book of Joel speaking about this very event Joel 2:31-32

31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come.

32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call.

Old 06-07-2023, 10:31 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:

Thoughts?
My thoughts are that I miss legoman! This is an outstanding OP.

Old 06-11-2023, 04:40 AM

4,085 posts, read 872,849 times
Quote:

The only way to be saved is to believe and obey Jesus, and that is done by confessing and repenting of your sins.
After someone repents of their sins they call on Jesus to help them, to save them, and he gives his Holy Spirit to live with you.

We have to call on Jesus' name after repenting of sins.

Acts 22:16 And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name

Quote:

That scripture is about if you say to Jesus, "Jesus you are my Lord".

If we say to Jesus, "You are my Lord", then we have to be obeying him.

We obey the one to whom we belong to.

If we live our life sinning, then we belong to the devil, the devil is our father.

If we obey Jesus then we belong to him and God is our Father.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity