Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 08:10 PM

37,348 posts, read 28,444,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It did not answer the question, and you know it.

People DID NOT obey the 10 commandments, and it is too late for dead people to go back and change history. It is a historical fact that the commandments were not obeyed, so God DID NOT get his desire.
It was never God desire for us to keep the 10 commandments God knew it was impossible for us to do so, and set forth the 10 commandments for one reason, which is desire accomplished
And here's why

Did that which is good, then, become death to me? By no means! Nevertheless, in order that sin might be recognized as sin, it used what is good to bring about my death, so that through the commandment sin might become utterly sinful. Romans 7:13

The 10 commandment were given to make the whole world guilty of falling short of his standard

Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2010, 08:14 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,790,584 times
Quote:
I choose to not reply to your posts because you ALWAYS answer by judging my faith. ALWAYS. Ironmaw did it earlier, and now you do it. Leave the judgment to God.
I have never judged you ... To judge someone means to pass sentence on them, i.e. condemn them.

If ever i have judged you on this forum, that is to say, if ever i have passed sentence, it has been to say that you are/will be saved, just like everybody else.

I have not judged you, i have judged the fruit of what you teach ... Something you cant seem to understand.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:15 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,057,241 times
Quote:
It did not answer the question, and you know it.

People DID NOT obey the 10 commandments, and it is too late for dead people to go back and change history. It is a historical fact that the commandments were not obeyed, so God DID NOT get his desire.

God is NOT GETTING His desire today, since people are not doing what He desires us to do. God desires you to love your neighbor TODAY, and He desired people to obey His commandments 5000 years ago. If you do not love your neighbor TODAY, then you are going AGAINST GOD'S DESIRE, and people do it every day.

Will there be a day when everyone will do as God desires? Yes, but that does not mean God is getting His desire TODAY, and there has never been a single day when everyone did as God desired. NOT ONE SINGLE DAY.

So, does God always get His desire? NO, HE DOES NOT.
So if you believe God is not getting His desire then How can YOU be certain He can save YOU?

Old 12-19-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
So if you don't believe God is not getting His desire then How can YOU be certain He can save YOU?
Do you mean to say ... "If you believe that God is not getting what he desires" ... or ... "If you don't believe that God is getting what he desires" ... ?

Old 12-19-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Do you mean to say ... "If you believe that God is not getting what he desires" ... or ... "If you don't believe that God is getting what he desires" ... ?
yes, thanks. I'll correct it.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
yes, thanks. I'll correct it.
No problem ...

Old 12-19-2010, 08:38 PM

76,966 posts, read 47,850,764 times
Quote:
So if you believe God is not getting His desire then How can YOU be certain He can save YOU?
Because it is His promise that anyone who believes in Him will have eternal life. HE will save those who believe. It is His desire that we will believe in Him, but as we have already seen, not everyone will do as God desires.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:48 PM

Here is how absurd Finn_Jarber's argument is. He says that because someone is still happening contrary to God's desire then it means God doesn't ALWAYS get what He desires.

But who desires something they already have. If I desire everyone to not sin then surely some must be sinning when I had this desire.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Because it is His promise that anyone who believes in Him will have eternal life. HE will save those who believe. It is His desire that we will believe in Him, but as we have already seen, not everyone will do as God desires.
But you believe He doesn't always get what He desires so how can you trust Him to deliver what He promises?

Old 12-19-2010, 08:58 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,159,310 times
As Ironmaw pointed out, this one verse (as well as all the others), destroys Finn's argument:

Rom 11:32 For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

God does get what He wants. If He didn't want people to be disobedient, surely He would not bind them over them it.

Yet He does not want us to always be disobedient. He will have mercy on us. As pcamps said - the purpose of the 10 commandments is to show us what sin is and how bad it is.

God desires us to be good, this requires teaching us good and evil - this in turn requires us to be disobedient - therefore God desired us to be disobedient temporarily so we could learn the final goal of understanding goodness in order that we can be made good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity