Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2009, 08:24 PM

5,288 posts, read 8,879,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyPants View Post
I think we answered the question of the OP. As long as people believe that race and genes determine child rearing, you will have racial segregation.
bingo. although it is always curious to watch white folks try to have it both ways by complaining about "trailer trash" or whatever today's Appalachian-bashing stereotypes are favoring.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:48 PM

60 posts, read 163,028 times
There was a big racial incident in Northern Ireland a few months ago. Seems that some of the locals didn't care for all the Romanians moving into Belfast. I don't know that I would have considered Romanians anything other than Europeans, but apparently everyone in the government and media considered it a racial incident. Go figure.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:13 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times
its not only racial segregation but rather living amongst someone of the same nationality are, i thought we were al americans lol

mexican and puerto rican neigborhoods etc

Old 08-25-2009, 09:19 AM

68 posts, read 215,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
its not only racial segregation but rather living amongst someone of the same nationality are, i thought we were al americans lol

mexican and puerto rican neigborhoods etc
Nation comes from the Latin root word meaning "race" or "to be born". America was once a nation when it was 90% White, today it's a squabbling mess with no end in sight but more racial squabbling. Look at what Obama and Sotomayor have given us, a glimpse of more race-based everything.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:08 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,920,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfindude View Post
There was a big racial incident in Northern Ireland a few months ago. Seems that some of the locals didn't care for all the Romanians moving into Belfast. I don't know that I would have considered Romanians anything other than Europeans, but apparently everyone in the government and media considered it a racial incident. Go figure.
Nativism?

Old 08-26-2009, 01:24 AM

63 posts, read 161,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyPants View Post
Rush Limbaugh always claims that racism is dead in America, at least racism from White people, now if you ask him about racism against Whites, well he has a much different take, as do some posters on here.

uh whaaaaa? people think racism is dead except against whites? is that a joke because I don't get it.

Old 08-26-2009, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
I live in a very mixed area in MKE and it has a fair amount of gay bars as well and rarely run into someone who has problems with race and my circle is like a mixed rainbow of races. I love where I live and I don't think their is a lot of racism towards whites and if their is I just ignore it.
For one, you don't live in Milwaukee. There is no "very mixed area" in Milwaukee's Walkers Point neighborhood. I used to live in Bay View.
Two, you claim here to "love" where you live, but earlier wished to move to Northwest side of Chicago.

Old 08-26-2009, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post
bingo. although it is always curious to watch white folks try to have it both ways by complaining about "trailer trash" or whatever today's Appalachian-bashing stereotypes are favoring.

It is very curious. People who throw around that term don't even realize they are acknowledging some kind of "trash" that is not black, brown, yellow, etc.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:05 AM

8,289 posts, read 23,111,797 times
Default Wack Job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcgirk3 View Post
For one, you don't live in Milwaukee. There is no "very mixed area" in Milwaukee's Walkers Point neighborhood. I used to live in Bay View.
Two, you claim here to "love" where you live, but earlier wished to move to Northwest side of Chicago.
Gee where do I start with this one...

I live in Milwaukee (900 S.2nd) but come to Chicago a lot for work and play.

There is no mixed area in Walker's Point? are you nuts! Walker's Point is like the Riverwest(Mil) of the south side but with more yuppies.

When was the last time you were in the 53204? b/c you obviously haven't been there in a while. Plus you lived in Bay View which is nothing like Walker's Point or the Fifth Ward.

Yes I love Milwaukee and the neighborhood I live in however I would love to live in Portage Park as well, is that to outrageous to think someone might enjoy two areas to live in?

Old 08-26-2009, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Gee where do I start with this one...

I live in Milwaukee (900 S.2nd) but come to Chicago a lot for work and play.

There is no mixed area in Walker's Point? are you nuts! Walker's Point is like the Riverwest(Mil) of the south side but with more yuppies.

When was the last time you were in the 53204? b/c you obviously haven't been there in a while. Plus you lived in Bay View which is nothing like Walker's Point or the Fifth Ward.

Yes I love Milwaukee and the neighborhood I live in however I would love to live in Portage Park as well, is that to outrageous to think someone might enjoy two areas to live in?

If Walkers' Point is your idea of a "very mixed" area, then you need to get to Chicago way more than you claim you do. Obviously when I lived in Bayview I drove through Walkers Point alot. Had friends there and hung out. I am still up there quite a bit for work. Stop by Rockwell once a month. My question to you is, why don't you just move to Portage Park instead of pretending you are from Milwaukee for whatever reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago