Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2022, 10:32 AM

4,944 posts, read 3,049,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Sunbiz1, so when I see the guy that looks like Sir Lance-a-lot, I can walk up and say, "What's up Sunbiz?" ??

I have never been to the Blues Fest, but these cousins of mine have a tradition to go every year, so I said I'd join in.

I DID see a guy playing the Blues at the corner of the Maxwell Street market on Sunday when I came down with the kids (which is WAY smaller than I remember prior to 2021!).

I have been perusing the articles of the shooting on State Street (it is a fortunately slow day here in my jail). And as you know, my city of Milwaukee has residents trying to "out-bad@ss" those from Chicago, with their own shooting antics!

Well, I am definitely NOT staying away from Chicago! But you probably knew that already.
You'll love the Bluesfest, it truly is musical history/modern; and unique to Chicago.
I've borrowed the armored personnel carrier from our local police department next month, so we can watch everything from the viewfinder in relative safety. Then we can drive around the hood after dark.
The body armor is for when you go get me a beer and some ribs from one of those places with bars over the window register.
lol, enjoy your weekend.

Old 05-20-2022, 12:44 PM

2,192 posts, read 1,849,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
That is in the heart of tourist-land on the bustling Chicago Ave. Hits close to home because I lived near there when I first moved to Chicago. The McDonalds is right across the street from Holy Name Cathedral, which I go to sometimes.

It's right next to the CTA stop, and even years back there would be large groups of "teens" sometimes gathered near there. But there was (at least during Rahm's time) always a large police presence there too since that is a prime tourist area, so they never really got out of line.

It is getting exhausting and each incident like this I hear about makes me more and more ready to leave this place. Sad what has been happening to this city.
This McDonalds has ALWAYS been bad. I had a coworker live right across the street and he would watch the fights, etc. from his window every weekend. It's a gathering spot for kids who like to fight.

It's just so odd that it's in that specific location.

Old 05-20-2022, 01:51 PM

15 posts, read 11,517 times
The city just ordered that Mcdonalds closed until further notice

Old 05-20-2022, 01:55 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,579,336 times
Thank god. For YEARS the animals and drug dealers have been running amuck there.

Plenty of drug dealers at the Lawson apartments too. Time to phase that building out too, turn it market rate.

Frankly the red line needs to stop running at certain hours. It just isn't working.

Old 05-20-2022, 02:16 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,177,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBideon View Post
Thank god. For YEARS the animals and drug dealers have been running amuck there.

Plenty of drug dealers at the Lawson apartments too. Time to phase that building out too, turn it market rate.

Frankly the red line needs to stop running at certain hours. It just isn't working.
What animals? You mean humans. Animals do not do these things

Old 05-20-2022, 02:48 PM

2,561 posts, read 2,180,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmanshouse View Post
This McDonalds has ALWAYS been bad. I had a coworker live right across the street and he would watch the fights, etc. from his window every weekend. It's a gathering spot for kids who like to fight.

It's just so odd that it's in that specific location.
Agree it's been a major spot for people to congregate for a long time. Even 10-12 years ago if I was out around that area and needed to take the Red Line home, I'd either walk to the Grand or Clark and Division stops.

Old 05-20-2022, 06:36 PM

33 posts, read 34,858 times
Default One Chicago....

...in turmoil. I bet these guys wish they'd put down roots somewhere else.
https://liveonechicago.com/rent

Old 05-20-2022, 07:01 PM

15 posts, read 11,517 times
$3200 for a 1 bed lmao. Its a beautiful building, but until they tear down that mcdonalds, and get all the section 8 crime starters out of the lawson apartments, no way its worth it.

However, no way in hell they should stop red line service, what a dumb idea. The red line is absolutely essential for many people in this city 24/7

Old 05-20-2022, 07:17 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,177,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryantheturtle View Post
$3200 for a 1 bed lmao. Its a beautiful building, but until they tear down that mcdonalds, and get all the section 8 crime starters out of the lawson apartments, no way its worth it.

However, no way in hell they should stop red line service, what a dumb idea. The red line is absolutely essential for many people in this city 24/7
I LOVE that building. But they need to clean up that area!

Old 05-20-2022, 09:45 PM

1,067 posts, read 915,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryantheturtle View Post

Almost as dumb as tearing down the McDonald's. It's one demographic that makes that a troublesome area. In fact it's the same demographic that is causing every single problem downtown...Every. Single. Time. Simply push that demographic out and problem solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago